would this be a good starter set up ?

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Well can we all agree that chopped up soda can looking pos inline fan that comes with the kit is a hard pass? The tent itself ok, I think op should be able to get that for around $75 by itself, it would be worth going with a 48x48x71 (they are about the same price) if you have the extra space though.
well i do agree the fan in the kit looks very low quality

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well can we all agree that chopped up soda can looking pos inline fan that comes with the kit is a hard pass? The tent itself ok, I think op should be able to get that for around $75 by itself, it would be worth going with a 48x48x71 (they are about the same price) if you have the extra space though.
I think a lot of the parts are sub par on it but i think it will do at least a few grows to generate enough money to upgrade. I mean if the OP can stretch his budget a bit he can definitely make some big improvements but if not it kinda is what it is and he should easily make enough for some decent equipment after

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@threatco @FourthCity by all means put your points out on the lights... Lets just keep it civil. I have seen enough LED convo's to know it can go south fast so lets just keep it from getting there sound good? I really don't wanna take away from the info provided but i don't wanna be cleaning up threads either.

threatco

threatco

I would look at this as a choice funnel.

1) How much weed do you need? A) About 400-500g per harvest (from earlier)

2) How much space will you use? Based on the above, 3x3-4x4 would be good. Current tent bit too small no matter what you do.

3) What strain will you pick? Auto vs Photo. Sativa vs Indica. Makes a difference.

4) What light will you pick? Should be the biggest budget impact. Spend more to get more. What you choose impacts ventilation and height requirements.

5) What will you grow in? Hydro (DWC, RDWC, Ebb & Flow, etc..) Soil (organic vs not organic) Other (Coco Coir, etc..). This is a complicated choice. In practical terms, each one is its own different thing, which limits how much people can help you who do not have experience in that same medium. Probably warrants the most discussion.

6) How will you control the environment? Temp, humidity, air circulation, noise, smell etc.. Lots of gadgets for all this. Product recommendations can help.

7) What will you feed it?

I think that about sorts it out. Hope this can help you focus your questions.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I would look at this as a choice funnel.

1) How much weed do you need? A) About 400-500g per harvest (from earlier)

2) How much space will you use? Based on the above, 3x3-4x4 would be good. Current tent bit too small no matter what you do.

3) What strain will you pick? Auto vs Photo. Sativa vs Indica. Makes a difference.

4) What light will you pick? Should be the biggest budget impact. Spend more to get more. What you choose impacts ventilation and height requirements.

5) What will you grow in? Hydro (DWC, RDWC, Ebb & Flow, etc..) Soil (organic vs not organic) Other (Coco Coir, etc..). This is a complicated choice. In practical terms, each one is its own different thing, which limits how much people can help you who do not have experience in that same medium. Probably warrants the most discussion.

6) How will you control the environment? Temp, humidity, air circulation, noise, smell etc.. Lots of gadgets for all this. Product recommendations can help.

7) What will you feed it?

I think that about sorts it out. Hope this can help you focus your questions.
+1

threatco

threatco

One way to make all of this cheaper/more efficient is to grow as a perpetual harvest, with the goal of increasing your number of harvests per year.

This typically involves outfitting a Vegging grow area separate from and about half the size as the Flowering area.

Take clones, root and veg those clones, train them and get them ready for flower, all while the flowering chamber is producing from the previous generation.

If this is feasible to incorporate in your situation, you will be able to reach your grams/day need in a more cost-effective way vs just growing out of 1 space year-round.

W8ing4Buds

W8ing4Buds

I would suggest you go with soil for the first time.
Hydro would give you magic results if you have the knowledge and know how to fix any problems with the plants that might happen.
Coco is somewhere in the middle betwin hydro and soil.
I allways suggest you start in soil because with soil you have time to fuck-up and to fix the problem. Soil is a living thing and will ajust the ph and nuts a littel by it self. And the flavors and smell of the plants grown in soil is the best for me.
If you are a novice grower for the first time go with all the same strain. That would give you a good comperason betwin the plants and you will lurn so much from your own mistakes.
Don't get me wrong... I'm growing for many years and I still fuck-up from time to time.
I wish you all the best!!

Top Bottom