Would trimming these leave be a gain or a loss?

• Thread starter ThePrinc3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

ThePrinc3

D4E7B8AE-5C56-4379-A482-EF702D93C712.jpeg
074D46DD-68C1-4DA3-AE8F-746C5CCDB469.jpeg

This is sort of an introduction and a question. I’ve been growing for for about 6 years everything from general produce to my own personal cannabis.

This is my first time growing in a DWC Hydro set up. I quite like how rapidly the growth is showing in comparison to other medians.

This lady is a Gorilla Glue #4 auto flower. She’s on day 12 of vegetation. Showing signs of being a magnificent plant.

Across many different grows I’ve used different methods like LST, Mainlining, sea of green and a couple more.

But when it comes to autos I really just prefer to do general nutrient derivative trimming. If it blocks light unnecessarily trim it, if it’s low growth that will just hemorrhage energy trim it.

But I’ve always wondered when it comes to a situation like what’s in the pictures. There is some magnificent undergrowth beneath the outlined fan leaves. If I trim the outlined fan leaves and leave the lower two larger fan leaves will they still provide enough energy for the growth of the rest of the plant while opening up light the lower nodes?

Top Bottom