Would you chop tomorrow? Time constraints

• Thread starter NYG140
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NYG140

First grow, outdoors, how do we look here? I'd say it's a touch too early, but I've got bud rot and am anxious to chop before it spreads.

WIN 20220917 15 49 19 Pro
WIN 20220917 15 49 48 Pro
WIN 20220917 15 51 14 Pro
WIN 20220917 15 38 24 Pro
WIN 20220917 15 38 54 Pro
WIN 20220917 15 39 50 Pro
WIN 20220917 15 28 53 Pro
WIN 20220917 15 29 07 Pro
WIN 20220917 15 31 29 Pro
Naughtynodes

Naughtynodes

Full plant pic can really help us out to answer your question

N

NYG140

Sure, it's actually three plants. I totally get it's not ideal and I would want to wait for the absolute best moment. But I keep finding rotten buds to the point I've already probably removed half of each yield. With rain coming up in the middle of the week, I'm trying to make a decision if cutting a little early is worth it vs risking the entire grow.

Plant 1A
Plant 1B
Plant 1C
Plant 2A
Plant 2B
Plant 2C
Plant 3A
Plant 3B
Plant 3C
N

NYG140

To rephrase: Would you feel OK chopping tomorrow if you couldn't guarantee the plants would make it another two weeks due to rot? Would it be better to take them down early?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It's hard to say. If you haven't searched every bud for rot and removed all rotten stuff, it will continue to spread. If it's still going to be damp and humid, you might chop now and go for a more fungus resistant strain next year.

If not for rot, I'd say go another 3 weeks.

Bluebuddha

Bluebuddha

" But I keep finding rotten buds to the point I've already probably removed half of each yield"

Based on that, yes. I would chop.

N

NYG140

I've been battling it for the past two weeks and I'm ready to throw in the towel. Even though the weather has been great the past week, it's still spreading. I think I'm going to take them down out of necessity. This is my first grow ever, outdoors in the northeast, and I'm pretty happy I made it as far as I did. Yields aren't priority right now, just learning the process. Definitely will be looking at the temporary greenhouse and dehumidifier next season!

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Since you appear to have multiple plants why not chop the most affected plant and leave the others to grow but remove bud rot buds as you find them. You might nip the bud rot in the bud and end up with some mature buds. You should dab the stems with H2O2 where you removed the rot buds to hopefully keep that stuff from spreading. Good luck.

T

Theoldman

Harvest it. Always in any crisis get it before you have nothing. Mold will destroy any plant in no time.

Southernuncle21

Southernuncle21

If you decide to wait it out remember to carefully remove the infected bud so you don't spread spores. Spray peroxide on the infected spot and don't touch the plant if you pulled the bud rot by hand. Wash your hands, sanitize before you touch your plant again or any other plant. If you wait it out see if you can put a beach umbrella over your plant to prevent a lot of water getting on your plant and after the rain has passed gently shake off excess water or take a leaf blower and carefully blow off excess water. Don't leave excess peroxide on your plant, it converts back to water and can cause mold. Good luck

Top Bottom