Would you harvest? 1st post and grow.

• Thread starter 3DTV
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
3DTV

3DTV

Have two plants growing outside in northern California. Subject plant is Forbidden Fruit. Had a caterpillar scare but mitigated with Monterey BT. Last spray was a day ago and stopped feeding 2 weeks ago. I have been monitoring the trichomes and believe some are starting to turn amber. The weather is supposed to be nice for the next 7-10 days so I could keep them going. Started growing to have some easy going joint weed but I have a feeling this stuff is going to knock me on my ass. Based on photos and current weather I would love to get the experienced growers opinion.

Plan on drying these in a shed that basically mirrors outside conditions. Temperature fluctuates between as low as 40's at night and up to high 80's during the day. The rh is between 45-65%. Plan on wet trimming, though not going to clean all sugar leaves off. Any thoughts or input on this is greatly appreciated as well.
IMG 3569 1
IMG 3570
IMG 3572
IMG 3566
IMG 3565

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Looks like you can harvest anytime in the next 7-10 days. Using your shed to dry may be ok but if temperatures get into the 80s on warm days that may result in too rapid drying and evaporating some tasty terpenes. Cool temperatures aren’t a problem. You might want to hang whole plants to slow plants for a 10-14 day dry then dry trim. They’re very nice and deserve a good dry and cure.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
My two cents worth. Northern California is too vague. What I do in red Bluff may not apply to you over on the coast or in the high desert if you get my drift. If you are staring at a bunch of white pistols that is probably not done. If it Doesn’t smell like a skunk at 50 feet then it might not be done. I dry in a horse stall blacked out in an old barn. Just have to work with what mother nature gave you. Don’t rush them and don’t be afraid to take a partial harvest. It’s a beautiful plant but really can’t tell the condition of the buds from the pictures. Some look brown and ready some look white and not ready. Don’t discount the smell. I won’t even look at the try combs until most of the pistols are through. But you have to figure out your own way and you’ll learn, brother. Probably no rain here for another month. And I have two that will go for at least another month.But it would help to know where you were actually growing. Take it easy and good luck.

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
It could use to be leached a bit more before harvest....its already fading....but you dont want her to reflower either...Cold snaps help but as implied above not sure what your weather is about...
And other posters are making points that are relavent as well...Maybe 20-40% defoliate to quicken the process a bit to....but follow your gut either way...power to it
FOE20

Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

Anyone else got any input for a beginner?
Since you been patiently waiting so long i would say wait another week let those ambers get up to 20 pr 30% more . Unless you want a more head high . But i do spot a few stray heads still clear so wait it out

3DTV

3DTV

My two cents worth. Northern California is too vague. What I do in red Bluff may not apply to you over on the coast or in the high desert if you get my drift. If you are staring at a bunch of white pistols that is probably not done. If it Doesn’t smell like a skunk at 50 feet then it might not be done. I dry in a horse stall blacked out in an old barn. Just have to work with what mother nature gave you. Don’t rush them and don’t be afraid to take a partial harvest. It’s a beautiful plant but really can’t tell the condition of the buds from the pictures. Some look brown and ready some look white and not ready. Don’t discount the smell. I won’t even look at the try combs until most of the pistols are through. But you have to figure out your own way and you’ll learn, brother. Probably no rain here for another month. And I have two that will go for at least another month.But it would help to know where you were actually growing. Take it easy and good luck.
I am in Sonoma county near the coast.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Sweet! I’ve hiked Sugarloaf Ridge or whatever it’s called a few times. Like the man said Thin it out to get some airflow. If your humidity falls off towards noon you’re probably OK. If not, watch it. You almost have to be there to tell whether they are done. They usually ripen from the outside in so don’t be afraid to partial. Sheds can be problematic. Want to try and get some air exchange So you may have to leave the door cracked 4 Or 5 inches. A little indirect light won’t kill you. I use an oscillating fan from a distance to keep the air gently moving.Around here depending on the weather I have to take them out after two or three days. Pretty dry here. I’ll throw them in cardboard boxes, Or totes and take them in the house to finish. Yes, I have to tell the old lady to shut up! They are coming in! Lol You have to make do with what you have to work with. I am not in it to win any tasting contests. I’m in it to get stoned! Do what you have to to get it into the jar. You can do it. Most of it is just horse sense.

3DTV

3DTV

It could use to be leached a bit more before harvest....its already fading....but you dont want her to reflower either...Cold snaps help but as implied above not sure what your weather is about...
And other posters are making points that are relavent as well...Maybe 20-40% defoliate to quicken the process a bit to....but follow your gut either way...power to it
FOE20
Leached means fed more? I used flora nova bloom. Would you give it a early stage dose?

Top Bottom