Would you reccomend watering to run off in coco on young seedlings or wil this cause overwatering?

• Thread starter Brettdawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Have been told to water daily in coco, however I think they may be write but only when the plant as a big enuff.root ball to drink it up otherwise the roots get wet feet lack off oxygen showing droopyness like mine have.
What do you guys reccomend. Seedlings/plants to be watered daily to run off or when plant is more mature.

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Have been told to water daily in coco, however I think they may be write but only when the plant as a big enuff.root ball to drink it up otherwise the roots get wet feet lack off oxygen showing droopyness like mine have.
What do you guys reccomend. Seedlings/plants to be watered daily to run off or when plant is more mature.
I water my coco plants every 3-4 days with run off until almost dry again but im in large containers with seedlings I would water less rather than more, id wait till they almost dry out but dont let them get too dry

02trueblue

02trueblue

When i first transplant seedlings/cuts into 1-3 gallons, i water them thoroughly to runnoff. Then i let them get drier than i normally would. As the medium dries out, the baby roots will go searching for water. You'll get very fast root development this way. But I only do it the first time upon transplanting. The subsequent waterings go back to the regular wet/dry cycle trying to keep the medium moist but not soggy with about 20% runoff.

Young plants usually go 3-4 days after getting initially soaked down. Then every couple days for a few weeks while the roots grow. After a few weeks it's usually down to once a day feedings.

By day 3-5 the roots are always poking out the bottom of the pots. The wet/dry cycle manipulation is one of the many benefits of coco

Also - the plants won't grow much vertically until the roots hit the bottom of the pot. Once the roots reach the bottom of the container and establishes it's new root zone depth, the above-ground growth will explode.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Fresh transplants you don't wanna drown. Soak/transplant wait 3-4 days. Water. Wait 2 days. Water. Then everyday for 1 gals for me to runoff until they go into flower and get dripped multi times a day. Size of pot and your setup is all going to change this. There isn't a one and done answer. You just have to learn to kind of know what the plant likes. It will come after a little bit of it. The mistakes tell you not to do it that way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom