Wow in MO

• Thread starter CobbCreekBob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CobbCreekBob

COLUMBIA - Voters in several states have legalized marijuana for medical purposes, and supporters of a similar proposition in Missouri gathered in Columbia on Saturday.

The National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws met on the MU campus.

Joe Blundell, the mayor of Cliff Village, near Joplin, spoke at the event.

The 50-person town passed an ordinance legalizing medical marijuana earlier this month, even though the state doesn't allow it.

The move stirred controversy statewide.

Blundell says legalization would change marijuana's role and people's perceptions of the drug.

"In legalizing, in licensing, you are taking power out of hands of drug dealers, you're taking it out of the hands of ignorance and you're educating, and making people responsible adults," Blundell said.

Blundell stresses marijuana use for mostly medical purposes, rather than recreation.

I be damnd:fighting0087::cool0041:

A

Alekiboy

Interesting since Missouri is one of the states that I considered hostile to the Medical Marijuana movement...
I believe that you could possibly get 1000+ fine and/or multiple years for possession and/or distribution of less than 5g?

C

CobbCreekBob

Interesting since Missouri is one of the states that I considered hostile to the Medical Marijuana movement...
I believe that you could possibly get 1000+ fine and/or multiple years for possession and/or distribution of less than 5g?

not for possession, under 35g is still a misdemeanor, not sure of distribution, and of course, growing is a no no. But yes, its a republican state, Columbia is the only place I know of thats decriminalized it as a local oridinance, and I suspect that is cause Dan Viets lives and practices there. He used to be a big NORML honcho, not sure if still is.

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
not for possession, under 35g is still a misdemeanor, not sure of distribution, and of course, growing is a no no. But yes, its a republican state, Columbia is the only place I know of thats decriminalized it as a local oridinance, and I suspect that is cause Dan Viets lives and practices there. He used to be a big NORML honcho, not sure if still is.

yup....he is the mover and shaker down there.....plus Mizzou (state college in columbia) has one of the biggest and most successful student branches of NORML....started by Dan himself.....they were able to get a few "local" ordinances passed many years ago, due to their vigilance and determination......I for one think it's a great sign that even MO may join the good fight!!!

bf

hubcap

hubcap

can anyone say

DOMINO EFFECT?

*in my mr rogers voice*

i knew ya could

G

gator

I thought Missouri ranked up there with Alabama on having harsh laws.

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

we used to live in missouri ( that's pronounced MIZ-ER-Y )......both of us were born there.........it did used to have some pretty harsh laws and prob still does. I remember seeing an article about bill clay ( local politician there ) trying to get it on the ballot to decrim mj......like someone said....domino effect.............how many states have mmj now? and it only takes 17 or 18 for it to be adopted federally under the constitution? If they're smart ( ok, smart and politicians ain't synonomous, I know ) they'll see what's coming, whether they like it or not, and stop throwing $$ at something there is NO way they can stop.

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
we are making alot of progress in MO............the bill goes to the senate floor on 4/20!!!!! Can ya say "sign" :afroweed:

here we go folks.....
bf

P

ProGroWannabe

LOL bubblefunk! Yeah if one believes in omans, then the bill hitting the senate floor on 4-20 is damn sure an oman....

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

we are making alot of progress in MO............the bill goes to the senate floor on 4/20!!!!! Can ya say "sign" :afroweed:

here we go folks.....
bf

that's good news...and the date.....please goddess let it be:afroweed:

Top Bottom