Wpm flowering milk spray question

• Thread starter socks4free
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
socks4free

socks4free

I live in Massachusetts, last year I got wpm and I got it again this year a week or two ago after alot of rain. I've been using a milk spray every 4-5 days or the next sunny day after a big storm and it's doing a good job keeping it at bay. But my question is how long into flower can I keep spraying the milk? The plants look great after a spray and I can tell it helps so I would like to continue spraying as long as I can. So if you have used this method to control Wpm on outdoor plants when did you stop using it?

socks4free

socks4free

Thanks, my issue is I'm broke I drained my account to buy a large amount of soil then got laid off 🤦‍♂️ so I was using what I have on hand. I may end up buying something if it's completely nesecary but so far the milk and water sprays have been doing a good job at keeping it at bay. I just wanted to know when I would have to stop spraying to avoid any funny tastes.

Tracyfri

Tracyfri

I've used it the day before harvest but at a lower concentration. The morning of harvest I hit then w plain h2o lightly to wash off any residue. I think u can use it as long as you need but if it starts to smell like sour milk then lower the concentration by a bunch. I don't like to spray buds w anything if I can help it though. Small buds I let it rip but once they get some size to them I would try to stick to beneath them if you still must spray.
I live in Massachusetts, last year I got wpm and I got it again this year a week or two ago after alot of rain. I've been using a milk spray every 4-5 days or the next sunny day after a big storm and it's doing a good job keeping it at bay. But my question is how long into flower can I keep spraying the milk? The plants look great after a spray and I can tell it helps so I would like to continue spraying as long as I can. So if you have used this method to control Wpm on outdoor plants when did you stop using it?

HighRootz

HighRootz

Thanks, my issue is I'm broke I drained my account to buy a large amount of soil then got laid off 🤦‍♂️ so I was using what I have on hand. I may end up buying something if it's completely nesecary but so far the milk and water sprays have been doing a good job at keeping it at bay. I just wanted to know when I would have to stop spraying to avoid any funny tastes.
Look into making Lactobacillus from milk and rice water(or any starchy water). Not only does it kill wpm, it's also good for the soil amongst other things

socks4free

socks4free

Look into making Lactobacillus from milk and rice water(or any starchy water). Not only does it kill wpm, it's also good for the soil amongst other things
Thank you I was actually just reading how to do this, this morning.
I've used it the day before harvest but at a lower concentration. The morning of harvest I hit then w plain h2o lightly to wash off any residue. I think u can use it as long as you need but if it starts to smell like sour milk then lower the concentration by a bunch. I don't like to spray buds w anything if I can help it though. Small buds I let it rip but once they get some size to them I would try to stick to beneath them if you still must spray.
That's good to know. I already use a fairly light mix usually 1:5 or so but I see some places saying anywhere from 1:1 to 1:9 so this just felt like a comfortable middle ground and seems to work for 5 or so days before I need to spray again

Tracyfri

Tracyfri

Thank you I was actually just reading how to do this, this morning.

That's good to know. I already use a fairly light mix usually 1:5 or so but I see some places saying anywhere from 1:1 to 1:9 so this just felt like a comfortable middle ground and seems to work for 5 or so days before I need to spray again
I used it a 1:10 with very good rests as well👍

socks4free

socks4free

I used it a 1:10 with very good rests as well👍
Thank you. I will definitely be lowering the concentration as I get closer to harvest I am still 4 or so weeks atleast on the furthest along plant. Definitely try to avoid any direct spray onto the buds 👍

socks4free

socks4free

I think my gf is gonna buy the bottle of Dr zymes for me(really for her because she's gonna be smoking this shit 😂) the milk has been working great but I want something I can use until harvest too. Will definitely be using the milk on my veg plants still but the ones further into flower will start getting a treatment of Dr zymes instead to avoid any chance of bad tasting smoke

socks4free

socks4free

socks4free

socks4free

Also today has turned out to be very sunny and would potentially be a good day to spray milk would I be better off spraying milk today and using the Dr zymes in 5 days or just waiting until the Dr zymes gets here and using that instead of the milk

Tracyfri

Tracyfri

Also today has turned out to be very sunny and would potentially be a good day to spray milk would I be better off spraying milk today and using the Dr zymes in 5 days or just waiting until the Dr zymes gets here and using that instead of the milk
I personally don't know anything about Dr. Zyme. Ive used milk spray, Neem, h202, and Nuke em all w great results. I just read about the dr.zyme it sounds like great stuff. Just don't spray in direct sunlight. Wait u til dusk or early evening. It says 1/2cup to 4oz. Per gallon. May as well change it up and give it a shot👍 let us know how it works!

HighRootz

HighRootz

Hey quick question do you have any suggestions for how I should use the Dr zymes? Mine should be arriving today the last milk spray I did has worn away again after rain and humidity the pm came back overnight and I'll be spraying this as soon as I get it. Does it need to be sprayed at night?
I would continue using the milk until the Dr. Zymes comes in, don't want to let the wpm spores spread. Me personally, I use 4oz to 1gal water and adjust PH to 6.5 before spraying on my plants. The 4oz/1gal mix is strong enough to kill soft body pests like aphids and such. I use thatdilution ratio to cover all bases. I generally spray late afternoon/early evening and even sprayed early morning well before sun came rising. Dr. Zymes is pretty responsive on IG and answers questions about the product within a timely manner

socks4free

socks4free

Hey guys just wanted to give an update, so the first package of Dr zymes I ordered ended up getting fucking lost in the mail..... 😡.....

But after an extra weeks delay the second package showed up 4 days ago. After some smaller tests to make sure there would be no phytotoxicity the first day I sprayed down half my plants (being extra careful) when I woke up I saw they all looked good but still Alot of wpm second day I sprayed all the plants now that I knew they would be ok at the mix ratio. After two days I started to worry because I was still seeing ALOT of wpm, the third day it started to clear up some but still quite a bit visible. So I started to worry it wasn't gonna get rid of the wpm well today is the 4th day I'm spraying and when I woke up and checked my plants today I was pleasantly surprised at how much of the wpm had cleared up after the 3rd spraying. I was told to spray 3-5 days in a row until I didn't see anymore wpm and bar a drastic change I think there is a fairly good chance the wpm will be gone after the 5th spray.

I'm glad I gave it a shot and it's a relief being able to spray the buds too because trying to avoid spraying the buds when I was using milk was a pain in the ass!

I'll give a final update once I've finished spraying and let you guys know if it's completely gone or not. 🙂👍

Tracyfri

Tracyfri

Hey guys just wanted to give an update, so the first package of Dr zymes I ordered ended up getting fucking lost in the mail..... 😡.....

But after an extra weeks delay the second package showed up 4 days ago. After some smaller tests to make sure there would be no phytotoxicity the first day I sprayed down half my plants (being extra careful) when I woke up I saw they all looked good but still Alot of wpm second day I sprayed all the plants now that I knew they would be ok at the mix ratio. After two days I started to worry because I was still seeing ALOT of wpm, the third day it started to clear up some but still quite a bit visible. So I started to worry it wasn't gonna get rid of the wpm well today is the 4th day I'm spraying and when I woke up and checked my plants today I was pleasantly surprised at how much of the wpm had cleared up after the 3rd spraying. I was told to spray 3-5 days in a row until I didn't see anymore wpm and bar a drastic change I think there is a fairly good chance the wpm will be gone after the 5th spray.

I'm glad I gave it a shot and it's a relief being able to spray the buds too because trying to avoid spraying the buds when I was using milk was a pain in the ass!

I'll give a final update once I've finished spraying and let you guys know if it's completely gone or not. 🙂👍
From here on out keep an eye open. It may rear it's ugly head up. I understand I don't want to spray flowers and all but at the first site of it if indeed it does come back I'd hit everything one time. You get where I'm going. Don't be complacent and if it's the difference between spraying buds and getting pm on your buds because you were hesitant spray you can c yourself lol. Blast everything The buds and everything else. It's safe stuff. Get it at first sign and then repeat applications will be minimum.
Sry tangent. I forget your exp level and I sincerely apologize if your way ahead of me. Trying to help if I can ✌️✌️✌️

socks4free

socks4free

From here on out keep an eye open. It may rear it's ugly head up. I understand I don't want to spray flowers and all but at the first site of it if indeed it does come back I'd hit everything one time. You get where I'm going. Don't be complacent and if it's the difference between spraying buds and getting pm on your buds because you were hesitant spray you can c yourself lol. Blast everything The buds and everything else. It's safe stuff. Get it at first sign and then repeat applications will be minimum.
Sry tangent. I forget your exp level and I sincerely apologize if your way ahead of me. Trying to help if I can ✌️✌️✌️
I appreciate the advice, I did my research before purchasing Dr zymes and chose it specifically because It can be sprayed on buds with no negative effect on the plant. I still have a day or two of spraying before It will be gone and I planned on doing a spray once a week after that like I was instructed by the guy who runs their IG account. Since it can be sprayed up until harvest I will happily spray once a week if that means no more pm! I plan on using it from the start next season to try to avoid any issues before they appear. Wish I had known about This stuff from the start!

HighRootz

HighRootz

I appreciate the advice, I did my research before purchasing Dr zymes and chose it specifically because It can be sprayed on buds with no negative effect on the plant. I still have a day or two of spraying before It will be gone and I planned on doing a spray once a week after that like I was instructed by the guy who runs their IG account. Since it can be sprayed up until harvest I will happily spray once a week if that means no more pm! I plan on using it from the start next season to try to avoid any issues before they appear. Wish I had known about This stuff from the start!
I think the bottle says that if you're spraying multiple days in a row, you can rinse/spray down plants with water after about a hour or 2 to reduce the chance of phototoxicity.

Tracyfri

Tracyfri

I think the bottle says that if you're spraying multiple days in a row, you can rinse/spray down plants with water after about a hour or 2 to reduce the chance of phototoxicity.
Good thought. The pm will wash right off and you can take a breather. 👍

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Milk will not hurt the plants at all. You can spray right up to harvest.

Top Bottom