wreckage 5.5K gavita, scrog+sog

• Thread starter oxanaca
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oxanaca

oxanaca

so this will be my first grow journal online ever.

strategy: SOG part
four gavita 1000DE lights cranked up to 1150watts
space: 12X5 feet
plant count: 240
CO2: 1500ppms +- 200ppms (naturally occuring at no cost to me, i may expand on this later)
growing media 50/50 perlite/ coco
fertilizer: dankworths flower fertilizer from raw salts (Drain to waste)
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...l-or-my-thread-can-beat-up-your-thread.45906/
nutrient solution delivery method: drip stakes <<<< netafim 1/2 gal/hr PC drip emitters <<< watts P60 pressure regulator <<< pressure relief valve <<<<< 20 gallon pressure tank (150 psi working pressure) <<<< square D pressure switch <<<<<< Aquatec 8800 pressure booster pump <<<<< ATC422ar recycle timer <<<<<<32 gallon reservoir

genetics: THseeds Wreckage. a very high yielding specimen that finishes in 9 weeks. high quality, fat dense buds. has a moderate stretch upon flowering. not to stinky (thankfully). the only things i dont like about this specimen is its much harder to clone than other plants. the quality isnt A+ its B+. and it takes 9 weeks to finish i would prefer 8.

ill do photos in the next post

oxanaca

oxanaca

ok im stuck how to you post images, im guessing i cant do it from photobucket?

ttystikk

ttystikk

Must upload images directly- the site will strip meta tags and gps info.

My calculations tell me that two or three DE lights in there would be plenty. What's the strategy behind five of them?

How are you cooling and climate controlling the space?

oxanaca

oxanaca

their will be 4 lights covering a 12x5 foot space. wazzup said that a gavita DE light would light a 3X5 space to 1000Umoles/second/meter2.

my ambiant household CO2 is at 1500ppm due to microorganisms growing in my house. i will keep my grow room temp at 86F by venting scrubbed growroom air into my house. free heat.

i will dehumidify as nessisary

the other 1.5k (two magnetic 600w ballasts with eye hortilux bulbs) will be used to flower these two stockplants ive been working with for 5 months

oxanaca

oxanaca

DSCN0349

DSCN0350
DSCN0351
DSCN0352
DSCN0354
oxanaca

oxanaca

so i have these huge unyeildy stockplants that i have been taking mad cutting off of the last 3 or so months. im wonding if its to late to think about training them into a screen. ive never done anything but SOG indoors as its the only way that makes senses to me, numbers wise. maybe some one can help me figure them out i would like to just flower them under 2 600s but i am also thinking about growing them bigger and using 2 1Ks

ttystikk

ttystikk

so i have these huge unyeildy stockplants that i have been taking mad cutting off of the last 3 or so months. im wonding if its to late to think about training them into a screen. ive never done anything but SOG indoors as its the only way that makes senses to me, numbers wise. maybe some one can help me figure them out i would like to just flower them under 2 600s but i am also thinking about growing them bigger and using 2 1Ks

I got an idea; since you already have their genetics in other, more manageable plants- just throw the old moms away. Maybe let them hang around in the corner for an outdoor grow next summer. Or, just toss them and keep the same strain alive in smaller plants that are not costing you so much grow space.

oxanaca

oxanaca

wreckage makes me look like a bad cloner of cannabis, until recently i was acheiving around 65% success. and it was taking me 3 weeks to see roots
Ive stepped my game up this over this last month.
i copyed motherplant A+B, ill tell you how to do it its easy
this was the best thing ive ever done. motherplants formulation caused my motherplants to fade to a much lighter green and i saw clones starting to rooting at the two week mark.
i also heard about a spray called nitrozyme so i read up on it and copyed it as well. im not sure if it helped with wilt any more than just water but i noticed that once the clones rooted they stretched much less than without. no leaf deformities either. the stretch does start again after you stop spraying them with it, so its not a replacement for paclobutrizol or Daminozide

i also got heat mats and am running my root zone at 73F. air temp 68F.
my propagation substrate was initially pure coco coir. i then tryed 50/50 coco/perlite. and wasnt happy with it so im tryied 50/25/25 coco/coarse perlite/coarse vermiculite.my mix now includes Glomus intraradices via extreme gardening. i will be purchasing from capulator in the future.

i light my cuttings to between 65-85 umoles/second/meter2. i cover my plants with white typing paper for the fist week or so

i also used a mondi humidity dome for a while with the vents open, but high humidity kind of scares me

oxanaca

oxanaca

I got an idea; since you already have their genetics in other, more manageable plants- just throw the old moms away. Maybe let them hang around in the corner for an outdoor grow next summer. Or, just toss them and keep the same strain alive in smaller plants that are not costing you so much grow space.

thats the most logical thing to do, but id kind of like to see what a big wreckage plant looks like and its no problem to run an extra 2k in another room, i have a huge house and lots of empty slots on my circuit panel.:)

oxanaca

oxanaca

so i copied mother plants formula. it calls for either 3 or 4 teaspoons per gallon pure water. this works out to either a 190X or 253X solution

i use their formula (my micros are different) at 200X.which is 19ml per gallon.

there make up in ppm
N 150ppm
P21.83ppm
K 124.5ppm
CA 180ppm
Mg 38 ppm
S 95.34ppm (theirs is 100ppm)
Fe 5ppm (theirs is 3.2)

part A 200X
Calcium Nitrate 720 grams
potassium Nitrate 13.2 grams

part B 200X
potassium sulfate 165 grams
mono potassium phosphate 72 grams
magnesium sulphate 292 grams

part C 100X
this is how i make my general purpose micro mix. it delivers 5 ppm iron. it is not the same micro profile that hydrodynamics uses. also provides about 9 ppm sulfur
Peters S.T.E.M. 25 grams

Last edited:
ttystikk

ttystikk

thats the most logical thing to do, but id kind of like to see what a big wreckage plant looks like and its no problem to run an extra 2k in another room, i have a huge house and lots of empty slots on my circuit panel.:)

Well shit, then what are ya askin' fer? Let 'er rip!

oxanaca

oxanaca

so i also copied nitrozymes spray. it is a 0.04%(400ppm) solution of kinetin, a cytokinin. it says on the label to dilute it 1to 1000 which leaves you at 0.4ppm. i noticed it cut down on stretch. however after i discontined use they started stretching again, then again its all completely anecdotal, futher experimentation will be necesary.

http://www.biobasics.biz/ProductPDF/Nitrozyme Label.pdf

all you need to make it:
1 gallon distilled water
1.52 grams kinetin
sodium or potassium hydroxide

this is kind or dangerous due to the potassium hydroxide, so if you dont know what your doing or are a klutz just forget about it
the trick to making this is to not expose yourself to any danger.
what i did:

inside of a glove box i laid out

screw cap culture tube filled 3/4 the way with distilled water and 1.52 grams kinetin
small plastic cup with a little KOH, had tiny spoon in it

i put my gloved hands into the glove box and unscrewed the culture tube. i then spooned tiny amounts of KOH (and i mean tiny) into the tube and screwed the cap back on and agitated it. i then repeated the process several more times until it was completely dissolved.

i then emptied the concoction in the tube back into the gallon of distilled water. this is my stock solution it is 1000X or 400ppm kinetin. it must be diluted further take either 1ml and add that to a liter of water. or 3.8ml and add that to a gallon of water

great you have now copied nitrozymes formulation.

Last edited:
oxanaca

oxanaca

so i copied mother plants formula. it calls for either 3 or 4 teaspoons per gallon pure water. this works out to either a 190X or 253X solution

i use their formula (my micros are different) at 200X.which is 19ml per gallon.

there make up in ppm
N 150ppm
P21.83ppm
K 124.5ppm
CA 180ppm
Mg 38 ppm
S 95.34ppm (theirs is 100ppm)
Fe 5ppm (theirs is 3.2)

part A 200X
Calcium Nitrate 720 grams
potassium Nitrate 13.2 grams

part B 200X
potassium sulfate 165 grams
mono potassium phosphate 72 grams
magnesium sulphate 292 grams

part C 100X
this is how i make my general purpose micro mix. it delivers 5 ppm iron. it is not the same micro profile that hydrodynamics uses. also provides about 9 ppm sulfur
Peters S.T.E.M. 25 grams

i forgot to add that part a b and c are all 1 gallon final volume. you must use pure water, distilled has worked good for me

oxanaca

oxanaca

Well shit, then what are ya askin' fer? Let 'er rip!

do you think at this point, i should try and grow them into a 3x6foot screen and light it with 2 600s. i have no experiance at scrog. but it seems i would have much more even lighting. and the buds they get so fucking big im afraid they would crush the branches, without any support

ttystikk

ttystikk

do you think at this point, i should try and grow them into a 3x6foot screen and light it with 2 600s. i have no experiance at scrog. but it seems i would have much more even lighting. and the buds they get so fucking big im afraid they would crush the branches, without any support

I think that's a solid plan. I especially like how you're gaining experience with ScrOG using plants you aren't depending on.

dankworth

dankworth

Don't forget the IBA and Capulator's bennies. Funny to see my name.

oxanaca

oxanaca

Don't forget the IBA and Capulator's bennies. Funny to see my name.

i use both of your formulas dank. they provide excellent results.

what do you use the IBA for besides rooting? im assuming your spraying them with it at some point. what concentration?

caps got the best price on bennies for sure ive checked

dankworth

dankworth

i use both of your formulas dank. they provide excellent results.

what do you use the IBA for besides rooting? im assuming your spraying them with it at some point. what concentration?

caps got the best price on bennies for sure ive checked
Only have used IBA in cloning, veg, and first 3-4 weeks of flowering at .3 ml per gallon of 1% IBA.

oxanaca

oxanaca

Only have used IBA in cloning, veg, and first 3-4 weeks of flowering at .3 ml per gallon of 1% IBA.
how often do you apply and what effects do you see on the plants, are the results subtle or dramatic?

Top Bottom