wreckage 5.5K gavita, scrog+sog

• Thread starter oxanaca
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oxanaca

oxanaca

i think since im going to have so many plants im going to experiment on a small percentage of the population with hormones, triacontanol, and Brassinolide(plant steroid)
ive always wanted to do this, i will try three different concentrations on five different plants. one very low concentration, three of a suggested concentration, and one of a very high concentration.

heres the hormones i have to experiment with

triacontanol
Brassinolide
IBA
IAA
NAA
BAP
kinetin
GA3 (wont use this one already know the outcome)
TDZ
Zeatin

oxanaca

oxanaca

so i guess you could say im really into something called micropropagation. its a way of mass-cloning plants from a single piece of tissue in a sterile environment. i already have experience with african violets and bhut jolokia (ghost pepper)

im in love with it for a few reasons
*no need for mother plants that are 5 feet tall and 3 feet wide. light could be used for flowering
*i hate throwing away genetics. i can see myself with a library of strains. even 300 different kinds.
*a clean start. absolutely no bugs, and you can confirm if you have any fungal or bacterial colonies, in your culture vessels.
viruses are a different matter as they would need to be tested by someone smarter then me.
* their is another method which stems from this it is known as somatic embryogenesis (artificial seeds).
*autoflowering strains can be cloned this way. imagine the outdoor possibilitys. you find a very high quality autoflowering strain. take several hundred clones and grow it outside from june 1st to august 10th. you get the best light of the year, and choppers wont bother you because there to small to be visible, and gone long before the usual harvest

there are a few drawbacks to this method that would likely rule out most people reading this.
*its very complicated,compared to taking cuttings, it requires knowledge and skills that will take time to sharpen
*takes a while to get a new strain into culture to the point where it can be divided
*you would have to give yourself several months lead time to get 100 copies of this kush or 230 copies of this skunk specimen
*not everyone needs high numbers of plants

heres my tissue culturing setup. ive actually got a lot of info on the subject involving cannabis if anyone wants me to share. including a Mississippi study involving artificial seeds(drug type cannabis), and three papers outlining culture formulas( two drug type, one hemp fiber type)
DSCN0122
DSCN0124
DSCN0119

Last edited:
legaleyes13

legaleyes13

so i guess you could say im really into something called micropropagation. its a way of mass-cloning plants from a single piece of tissue in a sterile environment. i already have experience with african violets and bhut jolokia (ghost pepper)

im in love with it for a few reasons
*no need for mother plants that are 5 feet tall and 3 feet wide. light could be used for flowering
*i hate throwing away genetics. i can see myself with a library of strains. even 300 different kinds.
*a clean start. absolutely no bugs, and you can confirm if you have any fungal or bacterial colonies, in your culture vessels.
viruses are a different matter as they would need to be tested by someone smarter then me.
* their is another method which stems from this it is known as somatic embryogenesis (artificial seeds).
*autoflowering strains can be cloned this way. imagine the outdoor possibilitys. you find a very high quality autoflowering strain. take several hundred clones and grow it outside from june 1st to august 10th. you get the best light of the year, and choppers wont bother you because there to small to be visible, and gone long before the usual harvest

there are a few drawbacks to this method that would likely rule out most people reading this.
*its very complicated,compared to taking cuttings, it requires knowledge and skills that will take time to sharpen
*takes a while to get a new strain into culture to the point where it can be divided
*you would have to give yourself several months lead time to get 100 copies of this kush or 230 copies of this skunk specimen
*not everyone needs high numbers of plants

heres my tissue culturing setup. ive actually got a lot of info on the subject involving cannabis if anyone wants me to share. including a Mississippi study involving artificial seeds(drug type cannabis), and three papers outlining culture formulas( two drug type, one hemp fiber type)

View attachment 355694 View attachment 355695 View attachment 355696

Maybe the most intriguing thing I've seen on this board... too bad I'm way too lazy for stuff like this though.

And just a heads up, but your pics came in pretty small. I can't really see what's going on.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Um, wow. The caliber of people who are coming into the cannabis cultivation scene never ceases to amaze me.

Welcome aboard, Sir- and anything you'd like to share about your past, recent or current work will find an eager audience here, I assure you!

oxanaca

oxanaca

Maybe the most intriguing thing I've seen on this board... too bad I'm way too lazy for stuff like this though.

And just a heads up, but your pics came in pretty small. I can't really see what's going on.

fixed it time to go to bed

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

would love to hear more about your tissue culture!
great looking grow

oxanaca

oxanaca

would love to hear more about your tissue culture!
great looking grow
heres the best info on cannabis tissue culture to date

this website rocks they have some info on TC and synthetic seeds, success in both departments.
http://skunkpharmresearch.com/tissue-culture/

a book actually came out on the subject its called "marijuana from test tubes"
it wasn't written technical enough for me but i think it will sit well with stoners. outlines cloning autofloweing
specimens
http://www.amazon.com/Marijuana-Test-Tubes-Micropropagating-Cannabis-ebook/dp/B00FK133XU

heres some recipes.

Shoot development:

The media is M&S, with 15 g/L of sucrose, pH 5.8 before sterilizing (balanced with KOH) and 2mg/L kinetin, 0,2 mg/L IAA and 10 g/L agar.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10803981/fpart/all/filter/i/vc/1

heres another one from an anonomous source
Stage I from cuttings/ Stage II divisions:
1 MS with vitamins
1 ml PPM
.5 ml IBA at 1mg/ ml
1 ml Kinetin at 1mg/ ml
9 g/ l agar
30 g/ l sucrose (household sugar)

ill add to this later

monkeymun

monkeymun

Definitely one of the more interesting posts I've read for a while. You raise some very, very interesting possibilities.

The two points above stand out to me the most.

Would you be able to explain somatic embryogenesis to all us of here and how it works / the protocol necessary to perform it?

As for the autoflowering strain idea, this is the first time I've actually considered autoflowers to be worthwhile. But what you say makes for a very pertinent point. Growing out of the season, en masse, with an multitude of small, yet productive plants...well, it's rather brilliant. Law enforcement won't be out scouting at that time and even if they did, many small plants scattered around the place won't be obvious at all.

oxanaca

oxanaca

Definitely one of the more interesting posts I've read for a while. You raise some very, very interesting possibilities.

The two points above stand out to me the most.

1 Would you be able to explain somatic embryogenesis to all us of here and how it works / the protocol necessary to perform it?

2 As for the autoflowering strain idea, this is the first time I've actually considered autoflowers to be worthwhile. But what you say makes for a very pertinent point. Growing out of the season, en masse, with an multitude of small, yet productive plants...well, it's rather brilliant. Law enforcement won't be out scouting at that time and even if they did, many small plants scattered around the place won't be obvious at all.

1. basically its a tiny piece of tissue encapsulated in sodium alginate gel. you can treat it the way you would a seed. the advantage is they are a clone and will perform the same as the mother tissue. imagine the possibilities. people online could spread clone only genetics. no more dealing with the crapshoot of conventional seeds. heres a university of Mississippi paper on clone seeds of drug type cannabis. ill try to summarize and dumb it down for the stoner's

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3550375/pdf/12298_2009_Article_8.pdf

2 hell yeah i never thought i would say autoflowering strains have a purpose either.this summer i was actually going to build a 20x30 grow with a sliding roof so i could black them out 12 hours a day. this completely obsoletes that idea.

oxanaca

oxanaca

alright does anyone out there have any experience with:

air atomizing aeroponics, heres a video of one of my failures

insecticidal fungus, Isaria fumosorosea
i just ordered some of this along with a $40 scientific paper on how to provide the conditions to propagate its blastospores

im going to start breeding spider mite destroyers as well. there to expensive otherwise

i will multiply spider mites on pathos vines, and use the spider mites as a food source to multiply my SMDs indefinitely

monkeymun

monkeymun

1. basically its a tiny piece of tissue encapsulated in sodium alginate gel. you can treat it the way you would a seed. the advantage is they are a clone and will perform the same as the mother tissue. imagine the possibilities. people online could spread clone only genetics. no more dealing with the crapshoot of conventional seeds. heres a university of Mississippi paper on clone seeds of drug type cannabis. ill try to summarize and dumb it down for the stoner's

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3550375/pdf/12298_2009_Article_8.pdf

Thanks for the link! Fascinating article, I've read a little on micropropagation, but never come across the concept of "synthetic seeds" before. Very interesting that the encapsulated explants were able to be sown directly into non-sterile substrate with the addition of PPM and still successfully grow into plants. It shows that they really can be used just like seeds, albeit with a lower success rate. But that means a huge amount, when considering that people can then used these synthetic seeds without specialized equipment, etc.

Keep the excellent info coming bro, it's highly appreciated!

oxanaca

oxanaca

so things havent went exactly as planed , although they are going extremely well. i ended up setting up 4 of my gavitas in someone elses basement. i have one left so ill order 3 more of them. i did one of my "experiments" with my cuttings which were doing excellent and killed lots of them off( i put them in a "windy" room thinking i could share some of the daylight florescent waste light with my microorganisms. they are recovering and i have taken many more trays of them since then. my mother plants are huge i really need to take one more tray of cuttings and then grow the plants into the 3x6 screen i spoke of. at the center of the plants they are ate 1600 Umoles ppfd.

heres my full set up my new plan is to flower
the two big mothers under 2 600s with a 3x6 screen
50 plants that have been vegged for 2 weeks under 2 400s
and 240 plants under 4 gavita 1.15ks

DSCN0399

heres my cuts the bottom trays look like hell. the new cutz look great on top

DSCN0400

heres my bank of rag tag ballasts

DSCN0401

O

Organicyumyum

wreckage makes me look like a bad cloner of cannabis, until recently i was acheiving around 65% success. and it was taking me 3 weeks to see roots
Ive stepped my game up this over this last month.
i copyed motherplant A+B, ill tell you how to do it its easy
this was the best thing ive ever done. motherplants formulation caused my motherplants to fade to a much lighter green and i saw clones starting to rooting at the two week mark.
i also heard about a spray called nitrozyme so i read up on it and copyed it as well. im not sure if it helped with wilt any more than just water but i noticed that once the clones rooted they stretched much less than without. no leaf deformities either. the stretch does start again after you stop spraying them with it, so its not a replacement for paclobutrizol or Daminozide

i also got heat mats and am running my root zone at 73F. air temp 68F.
my propagation substrate was initially pure coco coir. i then tryed 50/50 coco/perlite. and wasnt happy with it so im tryied 50/25/25 coco/coarse perlite/coarse vermiculite.my mix now includes Glomus intraradices via extreme gardening. i will be purchasing from capulator in the future.

i light my cuttings to between 65-85 umoles/second/meter2. i cover my plants with white typing paper for the fist week or so

i also used a mondi humidity dome for a while with the vents open, but high humidity kind of scares me

I wouldn't vent the dome. high humidity is key to your success. For venting purposes to avoid mold, take off the dome once or twice a day and let it air out in there for a minute. then replace the dome and make sure it's super humid again. You should be getting close to 100 percent success rate if you do it right. You won't get wilted clones if you keep it super humid in your dome. Also, it should really take about 2 weeks max for almost any strain to root properly. 3 weeks is too long and will end up weakening your genetics in the end, cause it means you are really stressing your cuts out if they take that long to root.

oxanaca

oxanaca

some thing interesting to note. the temp in my subterranean environment stays at a steady 71F even with 2200watts being drawn. i dont think i will need to vent into my house. i bet the temp wont go over 86F

question though what relative humidity do you people shoot for

oxanaca

oxanaca

I wouldn't vent the dome. high humidity is key to your success. For venting purposes to avoid mold, take off the dome once or twice a day and let it air out in there for a minute. then replace the dome and make sure it's super humid again. You should be getting close to 100 percent success rate if you do it right. You won't get wilted clones if you keep it super humid in your dome. Also, it should really take about 2 weeks max for almost any strain to root properly. 3 weeks is too long and will end up weakening your genetics in the end, cause it means you are really stressing your cuts out if they take that long to root.

thanks ill integrate that into my strategy.

what do you do for lighting, and do you mist your cuttings or just get them super humid?

what about substrate temp. and air temp?

Last edited:
Alice D

Alice D

some thing interesting to note. the temp in my subterranean environment stays at a steady 71F even with 2200watts being drawn. i dont think i will need to vent into my house. i bet the temp wont go over 86F

question though what relative humidity do you people shoot for
I always try and keep my humidity at or above 50% while lights are on. Even 60% early flower stage but then want the humidity to lower around 40% when lights go off so the plants can transpire better.
On the cloning like yum yum was saying i take my dome off daily wipe it out with a paper towel and then let it super humid again. I keep a heat mat below also at about 75 degrees. I've noticed i can watch how much moisture builds up on the inside of the dome so this lets me know when to add a little water. I only add water one time in the cloning stage right about 1 week after cutting. With cloning it's all about letting your medium dry up as much as possible without ill effects because this triggers the roots to shoot looking for more water. If the medium always stays most in the cloning stage the little nubs or calic's break off and no roots will form. First week lets those nubs form then light watering with a little iba and by day 10-14 mass roots always ime. Thanks for those links killer reads. I love skunkpharmresearch such a wealth of information very deadicated just like everyone hear.

green bastard

green bastard

im gonna say I don't have the knowledge to keep up with you guys but this is very interestin im pullin up a chair for this one ....plants are looking good as well

Top Bottom