Wtf are these bugs!?!?

• Thread starter altimood
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
altimood

altimood

I thought I had seen it all, but I haven't. Whatever these are, they are destroying plants here and I need help! Anyone got a clue? What are these and how do I kill them? I couldn't figure out why these plants looked deficient. These bugs looked like dust to the naked eye. Threw em' under the scope and here we are:
Photo_on_2011-08-08_at_07_26.jpg

They're running all over like they're buggin' out at a rave.

Any help is appreciated. Muchas Gracias!

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Looks like fungus gnat larvae to me. I would also check out the thread about rootaphids. pray that they are gnats.

fred

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Medium drench with neem, azamax, or pyrethrum will kill the larvae. The adults fly and must be killed with sticky traps and sprays.

fred

altimood

altimood

Nope. Not gnat larvae. Not root aphids either. These are on the leaf. I'm looking around and finding these fuckers all over my shit. AAAHHHHH!!!!!! Thanks though Fred. I just spent a year and half studying RA and Fungus gnats. This is something I have never seen.

M

MIway

Looks like Russet Mites... Hemployed & Mopho 'mite' know a bit more... lol... think they both took em down. Ripped some picks from the net... these are Tomato Russet Mites~

Tomato_Russet_1.jpg

Tomato_Russet_2.jpg

Tomato_Russet_3.JPG

Onespark

Onespark

Not sure bro but I found this...

"Symphilids (Hanseniella ivorensis)

Small pests which look like tiny 1-2 millimeter, cream or white colored centipedes.

But unlike centipedes (harmless to plants), they destroy small roots and burrow into the larger ones, where corky patches indicate areas that these pests have gnawed.

Your plant will begin to show signs of necrosis and leaves will start to die off.
It does not take long for the whole plant to become affected with no recovery from the damage.

Symphilids are not normally found in sterilized potting mixtures. They most commonly occur when using manure or compost based mixtures which have not been sterilized.

If infestation is suspected here's a way to determine if you have them:
When you water your plant they will rise to the surface of the soil and you can plainly see them crawling on the top of the soil.

If you do find an infestation, than the soil will need to be treated with an appropriate pesticide.

From personal experience I have used Fungus Gnat Killer ( "B.T." a non chemical / biological control) in the powdered form. Sprinkle it on the surface of the soil and water it in. One application will kill most of the living larvae, but to be thorough, it is better to repeat a second application 7 days later to catch the breeding cycle."

Never seen these. Hope it stays that way. Yours are on the leaf so I dunno?

altimood

altimood

Damn mlway. There was another grower telling me about these fuckers last week. Holy shit. I'm fucked. I found them on plant that had been sprayed with Floramite a week and a half ago. Seedlings, clones and other veggers. Ah nuts... Thanks bro

Onespark

Onespark

Thanks MLway. Good info.

That video is sad. I am scared for the guy.

Russet mites? Nothing kills them? Complete tear down? Seed start? Not again....!? This is getting silly. Conspiracy anyone? Monsanto? Can someone get an electron microscope and get the VIN number off these things? I am going to throw up as well.

C

catchafish

That there is the hemp russet mite. Some farmers i have talked to will never grow in the same spot once they get this mite. I just lost my entire crop to this. From what i hear, a person has to heat up the space to 150 degrees (if able) and clean with bleach. I had to pull clones, mothers, and carpets.

on a side note, I watched a Buddy's patch while he went camping and before i knew what i had it was too late. sorry to here about the mite i for one know it sucks....
nice pics guys.

greenjoe

greenjoe

are they in the south only?....or are they in the us and canada....i never heard or saw those before...

altimood

altimood

That there is the hemp russet mite. Some farmers i have talked to will never grow in the same spot once they get this mite. I just lost my entire crop to this. From what i hear, a person has to heat up the space to 150 degrees (if able) and clean with bleach. I had to pull clones, mothers, and carpets.

on a side note, I watched a Buddy's patch while he went camping and before i knew what i had it was too late. sorry to here about the mite i for one know it sucks....
nice pics guys.
Hey Catcha-

I read your thread and you nailed it.
"a pollen like substance forming"... the pollen was thousands of bugs. I saw this a week ago and had no clue as to what it was. This may be worse than root aphids. What's next? The Apocalypse? People should look for this pollen like formation. Its good way to identify a bad sign...

READ THIS PDF:
www.doiserbia.nb.rs/ft.aspx?id=0354-46640701081P

C

catchafish

I'm in Montana. I miss identified the mite as a pm issue? The local hydro shop owner said he had a power mildew that looked like pollen. he suggested some "pm wash". I applied the spray and they thrived. I also sprayed the plant with house and garden's "magic green" then the mite took everything. seamadien has some treatment advise but i was scared to lose the crop. knowing what i know now i would of hit the plants with everything just to see what has any affect at all on them. hind site is truly 20/20

only advice i can give is: dont go to others grows, dont take clones from anyone, and dont let anyone in your grows. clean clean clean ...

altimood

altimood

Turns out based on a little research that the russet mite is also known as the "rust mite". I think they're one in the same. Here is an awesome image of the rust mite and you can cross reference it to the PDF I referenced a couple posts back. Products to fight these insects will mostly refer to "rust mites".
Rust_Mite_Aceria_anthocoptes.jpg

Click on the pic to enlarge.
PineEriophyidMiteCloseup.jpg

I'm finding that there is an overwhelming likeness to all these "different" bugs and here it is: Eriophyid

Many different pictures. Many species: white pine, conifer, cannabis hemp, and it goes on. Guess what yall, there's a lot of pine trees round here. Wettable sulfur seems to do it. We'll see about that....

Utah Gall Mite, aka Eriophyid:
Eriophyidae_Bindweed_Gall_Mite_USDA_ARS_Bugwood.jpg

And I'm trying this:
http://nysipm.cornell.edu/nursery_ghouse/newsletters/newsletters07/judo.asp

Good luck if you're experiencing this hell.

S

sfzoo

Damn. Any natural predetors?

Soooo good is our beloved weed that even the bugs can't get enough

altimood

altimood

Last night I dropped a Pyrethrum bomb in my veg room, only to return to find crawlers on a leaf. This sample was less than three feet from the bomb. I activated the bomb after spraying down the room with zero tolerance herbal pesticide. These attempts at thwarting disaster have proven to be futile.
Photo_on_2011-08-09_at_06_47.jpg

You can se the little bastards working their way up the mid rib of this leaf, systematically destroying it and its ability to function. This picture was taken less than 12 hours after the P-bomb was activated.

Top Bottom