wtf are wrong with my roots...

• Thread starter crossouttheiis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

crossouttheiis

here are the specs... i am doing a complete flush. This is only happening to one of the four plants.

http://i298.invalid.com/albums/mm275/cruzma1/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG950637.jpg

Nutrients: Canna Vega A, Canna Vega B, Dutchmaster zone at 1 ml per gallon.

ph: 6.1
temp: 65
ppm: 665

I am four weeks into vegging as of now and I have no idea what has caused this... any help would be grateful

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
What does the plant look like? Fert burn? To each their own, but I run coco mix which is technically hydro and I prefer a PH of 5.8. I like to allow for drift whereas you are at the top of your tolerance sweet spot for hydro.

Cheers,
Crom

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

rot,

high temps in the buckets is that the farthest bucket away? is that a UC? do you have a chiller? what's your nute temp? are you running bennies?

M

mcpuffin

White buckets? Probably from light leaks, I would guess.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Last time I saw roots like that I was running a hybrid aero/nft and my res temps were not on point. I used some cannazyme and H2O2. I concur that it is rot. I just hate that word lol

Cheers,
Crom

C

crossouttheiis

I gave the specs in the first post. I have a chiller set at 65 and that is what the temperature is at in each bucket as well. I have a 1/4 hp for a four site. The ph and ppm are that of the whole system. The buckets are completely wrapped the little bit of white is only where the lid is. I used the same insulated tape as ben uses and there is no light leak.... it is the plant right next to the epicenter. The other three are looking fine.

C

crossouttheiis

I know that it is rot, but I have no idea what has caused this. I have kept everything in check from day one, temp nutes... please read my first post I gave the entire specs of what is going on.I made sure and wrapped my entire buckets up to the lid with the insulated foam tape that ben uses none of the other plants have had any problems at all....

H

HannaMan

Toss that plant before it spreads. I also would suggest flushing/replacing the water.

squarepusher

squarepusher

I know that it is rot, but I have no idea what has caused this. I have kept everything in check from day one, temp nutes... please read my first post I gave the entire specs of what is going on.I made sure and wrapped my entire buckets up to the lid with the insulated foam tape that ben uses none of the other plants have had any problems at all....

i believe the consensus is that low DO levels are what caus rootie rot

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Total fucking bummer bro. I've had it happen once before and the underlying cause was high nutrient concentration for too long.

Pretty sure you'll want her out of the system and go nuclear with what's left to try and save 'em. Get some cuttings going in the background if worse comes to worse you'll have less downtime.

Good luck.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Did you do any abrupt pH adjustments?.....you likely nuked your roots and what we see now is the lifeless carcass of the root mass. Dumping in pH adjuster into the Epi is likely the cause.

Tear away all the brown, dead roots.....drain the system and refill at mild strength, raise the water level to the base of the net pots and you'll begin getting new root growth again within the next 4-7 days IMO

F

FatFreddysKat

UCMENOW........it doesnt look like there are any viable roots to sustain that plant once the dead rotted roots are removed, wouldnt it be wiser to destroy the plant rather than invite any other problems into the system, I mean sometimes you have to say fuck,shit ,god damn it, son of a bitch,etc.... and just let it go!!!!

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

How big are the plants?

Any pics?.....if you root prune just prune the foliage as well and you'll take stress off the plant. Your roots aren't necessarily diseased, just been fried so they'll likely bounce back quickly.

But with that said sometimes starting over is the correct course of action....do what feels right.

C

crossouttheiis

i believe the consensus is that low DO levels are what caus rootie rot

I got a ap-100 to four plants... lol I am not sure that DO levels would be the issue

Just curious what you used in your cloner? Humboldt roots? Roots Excel?

I have an eight gallon cloner. I fill with about three gallons and put 2 ml of root excel.

How big are the plants?

Any pics?.....if you root prune just prune the foliage as well and you'll take stress off the plant. Your roots aren't necessarily diseased, just been fried so they'll likely bounce back quickly.

But with that said sometimes starting over is the correct course of action....do what feels right.

The plants are about 15 inches tall, but they take a long ass time to veg. Even with ppm adjusted betweeen 500-600 there would be an issue? I will be honest I do put ph in the epicenter... I apply it with a dropper and add one ml in about a minute .... wait ten minutes for it to circulate and then repeat this process... it that small of an amount of ph up or down really going to affect my plants.

http://i298.invalid.com/albums/mm275/cruzma1/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG952878.jpg

I also have that reflective film i cover that top layer that is exposed I just took the picture while I was effin with my plants...

I flushed the system last night and adjusted everything to these specs:

ph 6.0
ppm: 500
temp: still at 65

I need to be flowering soon but I guess I might have to switch to horizonal and run two lights with hoods... this is a bummer... I had no problem at all with my last run.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Predilute as the higher volume of solution is able to homogenize into the nutrients and adjust the pH. Put your desired pH adjuster and dilute into five gallons of water and add into the epi in 2 doses 5 minutes apart, should be fine.

And remember, if pH is between 5.5 and 6.5 don't adjust it.....nutrient availability is fine in this range.

Adjusting the pH can actually tie up available nutes till the solution stabilizes. So if you pH frequently this may lead to tied up nutes too frequently.

Based on your pics, I'd leave the roots alone and just be more careful with adjusting, looks like they're correcting already judging by the looks of your roots.

C

crossouttheiis

Predilute as the higher volume of solution is able to homogenize into the nutrients and adjust the pH. Put your desired pH adjuster and dilute into five gallons of water and add into the epi in 2 doses 5 minutes apart, should be fine.

And remember, if pH is between 5.5 and 6.5 don't adjust it.....nutrient availability is fine in this range.

Adjusting the pH can actually tie up available nutes till the solution stabilizes. So if you pH frequently this may lead to tied up nutes too frequently.

Based on your pics, I'd leave the roots alone and just be more careful with adjusting, looks like they're correcting already judging by the looks of your roots.

You are right ucmenow.... thanks for the help. I was about to chop til I saw this. I went in today and the plant is looking a lot better. A flush pretty much did the trick and not much came off when i cleaned up the roots a bit. I hope that zone stuff will nuke the rest. I am going to start diluting the amount of ph up or down I use since that is the only thing I can think of that I did.

http://i298.invalid.com/albums/mm275/cruzma1/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG950640.jpg

happier plant then the day before

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
good to see it recovering

man it wouldnt hurt to get some hydro fungacide

Top Bottom