wtf are wrong with my roots...

• Thread starter crossouttheiis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

crossouttheiis

good to see it recovering

man it wouldnt hurt to get some hydro fungacide

Is that the same as hydro sparkle? Is there something similar sunlight supply carries? The stores I go to usually order from there

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
yeah - they changed the name I guess - only 2 places I know to get it and they only sell it online

one is in canda and the other is groovyhydro dot com

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

if i were you instead of throwing away the plant i would just cut off the roots and see if it starts growing new roots... you will have to foliar feed them 3 times a day if u do this...Hand water... start with a mild nute soultion then a RO then another nute spray this worked wonderful for me... it caused the plants to stop growing for about week but since i have had fresh brand new white roots and great growth after a week

O

OutLander

BH,

How much root did you cut off? What percent of the root ball? Did you only cut off the dark brown parts or everything that wasn't white anymore?

What about hydrogen peroxide?

Thanks!

-ol

C

crossouttheiis

yeah - they changed the name I guess - only 2 places I know to get it and they only sell it online

one is in canda and the other is groovyhydro dot com

I just like to be careful when I order things online...been ripped off a couple times. The plant has completely turned around since flush and mild root prune though

Greenthumbnewb

Greenthumbnewb

heres my guess on whats going to happen pm me some respect if im right. plant will grow new roots,seem white for a while, then turn brown like ur old roots. this has happened to me in the past, everything was in check and roots started to rot, i flushed yada yada and plant turned around,not one yellow leaf! but a week later those new roots turned brown, super frustrating good luck man not trying to rain on ur parade!

G

GroovyHydro

I just like to be careful when I order things online...been ripped off a couple times. The plant has completely turned around since flush and mild root prune though

Hey there ; saw your thread while searhcing for feedback on our product. I understand your caution, but I want a loyal satisfied customer. PM me your address I will send you a free quart for testers.
Sincerely;

Chris Wolf CEO;
Groovy Hydro

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
^^^ wow I was just gonna assure him that groovy dot the bomb was legit and nice discreet super fast shipping

thats awesome + rep groovy

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Groovy, have you considered hitting up CC to get free samples of HF in their systems?

G

GroovyHydro

Hi there UCMENOW . . hmm the only thing I can think of for CC is Coca-Cola . . and thats probably not it . . let me know what I am missing . . I appreciate the help!

Happy New Year Everyone!

C

crossouttheiis

heres my guess on whats going to happen pm me some respect if im right. plant will grow new roots,seem white for a while, then turn brown like ur old roots. this has happened to me in the past, everything was in check and roots started to rot, i flushed yada yada and plant turned around,not one yellow leaf! but a week later those new roots turned brown, super frustrating good luck man not trying to rain on ur parade!

If that is the case ill keep flushing. I have to move my room to a new location before I start flowering well see then. What is the applicatiom rate for hydro fungicide

G

GroovyHydro

*Original message was supposed to be a PM back to you, but since im new it wouldnt let me send lol . . * (Copied and pasted out from the PM window:

Hey Crossout, thanks for the good vibes . . all we carry at the moment is the Hydro-Fungicide, and Physan20 for emergency shockers lol.

We are working on a monitoring system though that can keep an eye on temp, CO2, ppm, pump status, etc, and be viewable on web browsers and smart phones, and also page out alarms\texts\emails if something kooks out.

I got your quart already boxed, bad news is US Mail is closed 2moro on account of Fed holiday, looks like it will have to wait until monday . . I will double check the post office online 2moro tho . . until then, Happy New Year!!! *end*

To UCMENOW & the others , thanks for the suggestion, I wasn't aware there was an Undercurrent System manufacturer, but I appreciate the tip and it sounds like a good lead . . THanks!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Just curious about Hydro-Fungicide (or Down Under HF)... Is it primarily useful when root rot problems are already evident or can it be used in smaller doses as a preventative measure? What about those of us using Dutch Master's Zone already as a preventative measure... would it not be wise to combine both? :wondering

O

OutLander

GroovyHydro,

I had a conversation with Daniel at CC yesterday and I can tell you that he knows about you and Hydro-Fungicide already.

Just curious about Hydro-Fungicide (or Down Under HF)... Is it primarily useful when root rot problems are already evident or can it be used in smaller doses as a preventative measure? What about those of us using Dutch Master's Zone already as a preventative measure... would it not be wise to combine both? :wondering

From what I've been told here, the HF works well to clear out algae and some root rot but doesn't seem to be best used at the same time as zone. I can't vouch for that since I haven't tried zone yet. But I'd like to try it once I'm done with my problems.

-ol

C

crossouttheiis

*Original message was supposed to be a PM back to you, but since im new it wouldnt let me send lol . . * (Copied and pasted out from the PM window:

Hey Crossout, thanks for the good vibes . . all we carry at the moment is the Hydro-Fungicide, and Physan20 for emergency shockers lol.

We are working on a monitoring system though that can keep an eye on temp, CO2, ppm, pump status, etc, and be viewable on web browsers and smart phones, and also page out alarms\texts\emails if something kooks out.

I got your quart already boxed, bad news is US Mail is closed 2moro on account of Fed holiday, looks like it will have to wait until monday . . I will double check the post office online 2moro tho . . until then, Happy New Year!!! *end*

To UCMENOW & the others , thanks for the suggestion, I wasn't aware there was an Undercurrent System manufacturer, but I appreciate the tip and it sounds like a good lead . . THanks!

Sweet I really appreciate it. I asked that question about what you guys carry becuase when I went to your site the HF was the only product on the entire page. That is cool and no worries. I am out of town now til a few days after the new years. I am looking forward to try it out and give feedback on here.

outlander.... I am starting to think now that looking back at pictures, I believe this is some sort of algea and not root rot. I am not getting anything falling off or any much. I have had root rot a long time ago in another system, and the conclusion I would have to come up with is algea.... at least HF is supposed to treat that right?

I did however root prune that plant so I am shooting to start flowering these ladies on the 10 or so of january. I have not had a single deficiency aside for a small cal mag which was addressed a while ago and have had no problems since. We will see about the roots though in some time

O

OutLander

outlander.... I am starting to think now that looking back at pictures, I believe this is some sort of algea and not root rot. I am not getting anything falling off or any much. I have had root rot a long time ago in another system, and the conclusion I would have to come up with is algea.... at least HF is supposed to treat that right?

I did however root prune that plant so I am shooting to start flowering these ladies on the 10 or so of january. I have not had a single deficiency aside for a small cal mag which was addressed a while ago and have had no problems since. We will see about the roots though in some time

Are the roots in that picture soft and squishy? Or are they still hard but just nasty looking? If you have root rot they'll supposed to be soft when you lightly squeeze them. Else it's probably just algae.

-ol

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

BH,

How much root did you cut off? What percent of the root ball? Did you only cut off the dark brown parts or everything that wasn't white anymore?

What about hydrogen peroxide?

Thanks!

-ol[/QUO

i sprayed the roots with 3% hydrogen peroxide let sit for about 5 minutes (not in water) and then cut all roots that i noticed foamed up which was just about all of them... my roots were A LOT smaller than yours when i did this but it really did work wonders for me

O

OutLander

i sprayed the roots with 3% hydrogen peroxide let sit for about 5 minutes (not in water) and then cut all roots that i noticed foamed up which was just about all of them... my roots were A LOT smaller than yours when i did this but it really did work wonders for me

ok - I'm trying to learn as much as I can about h2o2 before using it at all with an existing grow since it's clearly like pulling out the nuke option. I'm not sure I need it and I want to make sure I'm only using as much as necessary and only in a way that is least dangerous for the plants. Right now I'm not planning to use it. Well see.

-ol

Latest posts

Top Bottom