WTH??

• Thread starter Will Greene
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Will Greene

Will Greene

Hey kids, hope all is well, but hung a good lookin lady up to dry, came back to look 3days later, to this! What happened? Bud rot? Have plenty of airflow, and a small dehumidifier, with scent free “damp rid” stuff. At a loss, and super bummed

4F81AFD1 2991 48AC BC68 D6640D9B795E
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hey kids, hope all is well, but hung a good lookin lady up to dry, came back to look 3days later, to this! What happened? Bud rot? Have plenty of airflow, and a small dehumidifier, with scent free “damp rid” stuff. At a loss, and super bummed
i cant zoom in on it,but looks like reg dried medicine onmy end,3 days is to quick for sure

Will Greene

Will Greene

It’s not dry, unfortunately, and she had beautiful colas. Sorry you can’t zoom, and I’m too computer dumb to figger it out. Left a sharpie next to it for size comparison. Harvested 2beauts, came back to this😢. Thanks for the assistance. I’m a noob(obviously)

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

It’s not dry, unfortunately, and she had beautiful colas. Sorry you can’t zoom, and I’m too computer dumb to figger it out. Left a sharpie next to it for size comparison. Harvested 2beauts, came back to this😢. Thanks for the assistance. I’m a noob(obviously)
it very well might be ok ,im blind,deaf and old as hell so maybe some the youngsters around here can tell you how to use the button box,my exstent of using one is turn on ,goggle box and you tube thats it hahaha.
same withmy flip top phone wife program my numbers in,i go to the name press and done,dont know how to text take pic or any that,hahahahah

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I can't see very well either, but to me, it looks like a normally drying bud. Buds look huge until you dry them, especially if they aren't fully finished flowering. The buds might look big, but when they dry, 80% or more of it is lost to water weight. As long as you aren't seeing mold, mildew, or other stuff like that, you are OK... just not nearly as big as you hoped.
Seriously... I'm not trying to be a dick, but you can expect to lose 80% of your weight when dried. If they don't fully finish, they can seem big and massive but most of the heft is grown at the end of flowering, and things can shrivel up a lot during drying. Was this the whole plant or a branch?

Will Greene

Will Greene

I can't see very well either, but to me, it looks like a normally drying bud. Buds look huge until you dry them, especially if they aren't fully finished flowering. The buds might look big, but when they dry, 80% or more of it is lost to water weight. As long as you aren't seeing mold, mildew, or other stuff like that, you are OK... just not nearly as big as you hoped.
Seriously... I'm not trying to be a dick, but you can expect to lose 80% of your weight when dried. If they don't fully finish, they can seem big and massive but most of the heft is grown at the end of flowering, and things can shrivel up a lot during drying. Was this the whole plant or a branch?
Hey, you’re not a dick (well, maybe a little lol) you’re a straight shooter, and I can appreciate. Been told I’m painfully honest. And that’s the whole damn plant! I know you’re gonna lose a bit in the dry. Didn’t know 80%, but I got about an 1/8 to 1/4 for whole plant. I was just super shocked. Thanks for the info, friend. Greatly appreciated

Will Greene

Will Greene

Thanks!
I can see the white fuzz.. Looks like it had budrot inside the bud before it was harvested and it just kept spreading. Molds will usually grow a lot faster in the dark.
Guess I’m needing a bigger/better dehumidifier, then? In a 4x8 tent, with plenty (obviously not🙄) air circulation, and even went LED to keep heat down. Just flummoxed. Thanks for the info

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thanks!

Guess I’m needing a bigger/better dehumidifier, then? In a 4x8 tent, with plenty (obviously not🙄) air circulation, and even went LED to keep heat down. Just flummoxed. Thanks for the info

Yeah, need to keep the plants as dry as possible in flower, below 50%RH with good airflow around the buds for the last 4 weeks is best practice.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
it very well might be ok ,im blind,deaf and old as hell so maybe some the youngsters around here can tell you how to use the button box,my exstent of using one is turn on ,goggle box and you tube thats it hahaha.
same withmy flip top phone wife program my numbers in,i go to the name press and done,dont know how to text take pic or any that,hahahahah
I don't think you had what you think you had. I've grown a number of plants I thought had nice big buds but after drying they shriveled into airy crap. The type of light ,the humidity, the strain & if it gets too hot or too cold it effect the density of the buds/cola's, then there's additives to pump them up but I think the jury is still out on them. The environment is the number one priority in growing big fat buds.imho

Will Greene

Will Greene

I don't think you had what you think you had. I've grown a number of plants I thought had nice big buds but after drying they shriveled into airy crap. The type of light ,the humidity, the strain & if it gets too hot or too cold it effect the density of the buds/cola's, then there's additives to pump them up but I think the jury is still out on them. The environment is the number one priority in growing big fat buds.imho
Thanks so much. Guess it’s time to spend some MORE$ on this endeavor. But ya gotta pay to play!!
Thanks again

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

that a perfect number too,just depress the shit out of you,whats the shits is you have a tent just so full cant hardly work them and then you harvest big ole colas,they dry and you have prunes

Top Bottom