Yelliowing Clone.

• Thread starter Growtubes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Growtubes

Growtubes

What would cause a new clone to turn yellow at the tips ?

IMAG0159
H

hawkman

"Nutrient Splash" when feeding if not that - then it's normal yellowing of seedling leaves

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

Do you PH your water? Does the soil have food already in it? If your feeding nutes your feeding to much. If your feeding just water your soil has no food. Do you have holes in the bottom of the cup? Spray the lid not the plant. Roots will search for water because they have to and not getting from the leaves.

Growtubes

Growtubes

Do you PH your water? Does the soil have food already in it? If your feeding nutes your feeding to much. If your feeding just water your soil has no food. Do you have holes in the bottom of the cup? Spray the lid not the plant. Roots will search for water because they have to and not getting from the leaves.
Yeah I have about 4 holes on the bottom and a tray to catch run off water. The water is rain water that I collected. The soil is fresh. And I haven't added any nutrients. I cloned it with clone X gel. That's the only thing I added. I also did spay the lid when cloned.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Feed it, full strength calmag, 1/4 strength nutes, raise nutes when you see how she likes it.

H

hawkman

So it's nothing to worry about?
It will come out of it - when the" true" leaves start to develope - just watch your nutrients at this stage of growth - Seedling stage - if use; use at 1/4 amounts , but at this stage one should be using a good root stimulator (great white, ect)

Wisher619

Wisher619

if its a clone And freshly cloned and hasnt rooted yet....I would never suggest nutes of any kind....and if it is a fresh clone then this is normal....if it has roots and has already started to grow new leaves....cut the nasty off and start with a 400-600ppm of base grow nutes....no spikes or calmag or anything else....and before you do that...flush the medium with 3-5 times the water as medium....JMO

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

if you absolutely feel like you HAVE to give them something, go with alaskan fish oil.... damn near impossible to burn them with that.

Did you ever think maybe just putting all these questions into just 1 thread to make it easier to track?

Growtubes

Growtubes

if you absolutely feel like you HAVE to give them something, go with alaskan fish oil.... damn near impossible to burn them with that.

Did you ever think maybe just putting all these questions into just 1 thread to make it easier to track?
Yeah your right it would be. I'm new to forums so I wasn't sure how to use it.

McCannabis

McCannabis

I'm gonna run off this thread. Looking to clone possibly, if I flip and my plants are girls would you suggest a clone or just start a new one from a seed? Any draw backs to that? I have a lot of good bag seeds, which is what I'm growing now.

Wisher619

Wisher619

@McCannabis no I would suggest to keep your plants in Veg and take 2 clones from each one.......run one of the clones under 12/12 and the other clone in the same room as the veg plants.....while rooting the 12/12 clones will show sex...throw the 12/12 clones out when they show sex and then keep the other set of clones for mothers and take the vegged plants and flower them while keeping the clones in veg...IMO

McCannabis

McCannabis

I like that idea I can probably try that. I'll give it a go and see what works out. Where should I grab a clone from this plant?

McCannabis

McCannabis

@McCannabis no I would suggest to keep your plants in Veg and take 2 clones from each one.......run one of the clones under 12/12 and the other clone in the same room as the veg plants.....while rooting the 12/12 clones will show sex...throw the 12/12 clones out when they show sex and then keep the other set of clones for mothers and take the vegged plants and flower them while keeping the clones in veg...IMO
How long should it take for a clone to show sex??

Wisher619

Wisher619

dont take a clone yet.....wait until there are 8 nodes then chop the top down to 4 nodes and root the top.......it should show sex within 2 weeks....with this plant....since it is small and not bushy enough to take multiple clones....when the clone shows sex....while rooting.....if its a female...bring it back into 18 hour light cycle and by that time you can throw the other into flower.....the clone will revert back to veg and when it does she can be the mother....then you can take a few clones from her every few months and perpetually harvest

Top Bottom