Yellow/borwn spots near the middle of the leaves

• Thread starter gillian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gillian

gillian

Hey!

I'm a first time grower and i'm looking for advice from some more experienced growers.

I'll give some info before asking questions

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
Started from seeds.
2. How old are your plants?
Roughly 2 weeks from germination.
3. How tall are your plants?
About 9cm / 3,5 inch.
4. What size containers are they planted in?
15 liter pot with drainage holes.
5. What is your soil mix?
About 35% Perlite / 65% Regular potting soil.
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
I water once every 3-4 days with regular tap water.
7. What is the pH of your water?
I don't really check the pH of my water but definitely between 6 - 7.5.
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
I haven't used fertilizer yet because the soil came with 1 month of prefeed.
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
Nope.
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
I use 2, 150 watt LED lights.
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
About 50cm / 20 inch.
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
Around 7,5 square feet (mammoth pro+ 120L - 120x60x160).
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
Right now the temp is 22-25 degrees Celsius / 71 - 77 degrees Farenheit and the humidity is set to 50%.
14. What is the pH of the soil?
Don't know about the pH level of the soil.
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
No.
16. How much experience do you have growing?
First time grower.

I have 3 plants in my tent. Today I noticed one of them has little yellow(ish) spots near the middle of the leaves. On the underside of the leaves it looks like there's a layer of leaf that has been "eaten". The leaves are also kind of twisted and curled where the spots are.

Plant1
Plant2

Plant3
Plant4

I read it could be a fungus that attacks cannabis plants but i'm not sure that's the case. I did quarantine this plant, just for if it would be contagious or anything.

Thanks for looking into my problem!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
generally the marks and leaves kinda bent, twisted look is from? you guessed it!

watering too frequently, don’t be afraid to let it dry out, unless those are autoflowers your going to have to be very careful in how you water them until they are bigger in those pots.
the led’s i don’t know about those and distance, the soil which came with nutrients could also be a part of the issue but they should grow out of that.
so careful watering.

gillian

gillian

generally the marks and leaves kinda bent, twisted look is from? you guessed it!

watering too frequently, don’t be afraid to let it dry out, unless those are autoflowers your going to have to be very careful in how you water them until they are bigger in those pots.
the led’s i don’t know about those and distance, the soil which came with nutrients could also be a part of the issue but they should grow out of that.
so careful watering.
They actually are autoflowers.
I'll try waiting a little longer between waterings and see what that does.

Thanks alot for responding!!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
see how the leaves extend out so far, looking down at the plant.. so when you water do a descent circle about where the leaves stretch out over the soil and then a little at the stalk area, for a few waterings, than it’ll get big quick and watering will be way easier.,

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
see how the leaves extend out so far, looking down at the plant.. so when you water do a descent circle about where the leaves stretch out over the soil and then a little at the stalk area, for a few waterings, than it’ll get big quick and watering will be way easier.,
hopefully that’s not confusing

gillian

gillian

I think i get it. Right now the roots don't have extend to find extra water and they're getting "lazy". Is that about right?

MBB

MBB

8E852F6D D99F 461F BA02 ACF5A5F18468

Hi everyone first post have been reading a lot posts great information I can usually find someone that’s had the same issue and go from there are these brown spots from over watering?Pink Pussy From clone soil grow outside Green Planet A B nutrition looking for bugs and spiders but don’t see any

Top Bottom