Yellow/Brown spots/Crispy

• Thread starter Nlivinit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nlivinit

Nlivinit

This is an autoflower Northern lights that I'm having issues with. I have two other autoflowers Strawberry Cheesecake that are doing okay. Soil grow, using Happy Frog soil in the northern lights and miracle grow on the other two. And I know miracle grow is bad I just used it in a pinch. But funny thing is their doing better in the miracle grow. I keep ph around 6.3 to 6.5. I use flora Nova Micro/Grow/Bloom and Cali Magic at 1/4th the reccomended dosage cause they're Auto's from what I've read. This is only my second grow and first grow with autos. I've plucked the bad leaves off but they're just getting worse. I've tried flushing straight water a few times, then read it could be potassium problem so trued some root builder nutrients I have with potassium and didn't seem to help. Only trued that once. I dont know whether to keep flushing or what. I'm Happy to answer any questions and I appreciate any advice. Here's some pics side by side and of the bad leaves. If you look at the side by side you can see only the one plant with this issue

Yellowbrown spotscrispy
Yellowbrown spotscrispy 2
Yellowbrown spotscrispy 3
Yellowbrown spotscrispy 4
Yellowbrown spotscrispy 5
Yellowbrown spotscrispy 6
Nlivinit

Nlivinit

And my plant is getting worse. Curling up. Crispy leaves. I'm real close to just cutting her down and drying early just to get what I can out of it.

Nlivinit

Nlivinit

Which I'm guessing is low. I was told to go easy on nutes with auto flowers. Now I'm thinking I shouldn't have

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Which I'm guessing is low. I was told to go easy on nutes with auto flowers. Now I'm thinking I shouldn't have
That seems low? You know there's a 10x function on the PPM meter right?

Your humidity gets high but I don't think it's a fungus

If those readings are right you might want to start feeding it more

Last edited:
Nlivinit

Nlivinit

That seems low? You know there's a 10x function on the PPM meter right?

Your humidity gets high but I don't think it's a fungus

If those readings are right you might want to start feeding it more
I was not aware there was a 10x function no.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I was not aware there was a 10x function no.
That's what I suspected so you're reading 1400 which is a bit High not crazy high but that high it tends to lower the ph and I suspect what you're seeing might be the start of a lockout; 800-1000ppm would be the max I'd want to be seeing at that stage of growth in my own plants

if you look into what I'm saying and agree you might consider a flush for a reset, you want your pH 6.0 or above, 6.5 is ideal, I use Dolomite lime to achieve this

HeLLfiReZ

HeLLfiReZ

140ppm is really low if that's your total mix including tap ppm. Most comes out the tap around 100-150 on the 500 scale. If your adding calmag and ferts and it's reading only 150, metre might be suspect.

Nlivinit

Nlivinit

140ppm is really low if that's your total mix including tap ppm. Most comes out the tap around 100-150 on the 500 scale. If your adding calmag and ferts and it's reading only 150, metre might be suspect.
No it read 140 ppm do8ng that slurry test mentioned above. So that's what the soil tested at. And in use either rain water or spring water from the store. I never use tap. He said there was a 10x function. I'm not sure what to think about that.

Nlivinit

Nlivinit

That's what I suspected so you're reading 1400 which is a bit High not crazy high but that high it tends to lower the ph and I suspect what you're seeing might be the start of a lockout; 800-1000ppm would be the max I'd want to be seeing at that stage of growth in my own plants

if you look into what I'm saying and agree you might consider a flush for a reset, you want your pH 6.0 or above, 6.5 is ideal, I use Dolomite lime to achieve this
So every time I take a reading I have to x it by 10? I'm confused about this 10x feature

Nlivinit

Nlivinit

Well did straight water and I feel thyre getting worse. I think I may chop this one down. My other two plants are showing signs of yellow now as well.

IMAG0597
IMAG0596
IMAG0595
Gasman5.0

Gasman5.0

So every time I take a reading I have to x it by 10? I'm confused about this 10x feature
No you do not multiply your reading. Your TDS meter will
292784E6 6074 4815 A030 52B94E093EB7
auto range if the measurements is over 999ppm and it should show 10x on this readout like this.

Top Bottom