Yellow edges, light colored tips

• Thread starter CheebaMonkey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CheebaMonkey

My plants are recovering from overwatering which almost killed them. Not more than two weeks ago the plant in this pic was completely yellow. Now after transplanting to foxfarm soil it's finally green again and growing fast.

But as you can see I have a new problem. The edges are yellow and the tips seem to be burning. I don't give them any liquid nutes because foxfarm ocean forest is strong enough already. Plants are 5 weeks old but only about 11 inches tall because of the overwater problem I had.

http://img199.invalid.com/img199/5018/dsc00029eb.jpg

C

CannabisSativa

I got a question for you dirt guys when you come help chebba out...

can you mix say some of the dirt your plants are growing in with water and check the ppm/tds to see how much stuff is in the soil?

O

organickat

Dam bro my one mother plant looks like that and I'm curious

T

TheAngryCook

i have a sign of yellow edges forming and i also use FoxFarm from what i have read so far in the soil section is that Foxfarm is kinda hot so it might be a soil issue. but im still trying to find out whats wrong with mine and im new to growing so i thought i would share what i have read.

O

organickat

I just flushed mine and used a little cal-mag and thrive alive ..I'm guessing its a mag def or nitrogen..maybe a pro will step in and tell us

L

livinglegend

its a magnesium deficiency.
Zinc deficiencys also start like this.

Any Chemical/Organic nutrients that have Magnesium in them will fix a Magnesium deficiency. Same with Zinc.

O

organickat

Thanks bro.. I kinna thought that but wasn't 100% on it. Does salt build up look diffrent?

C

CheebaMonkey

thanks legend. The pots aren't dried out yet though so I can't water. Should I foliar feed?

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Salt buildup might look similar with the burnt tips.. Excess salt buildups with lockout others and cause a cluster f*ck, if not treated quickly. Cheeba, you can foliar feed. Just make sure you use a good fert. regimen and it will work itself out. I would recommend Fox Farm, Gen.Hydro, ProBlend, Canna,.. I use Gen. Hydro. it's easy, cheap and kicks ass, not to mention makes the most stickiest buds that ooze w resin, imho..

H

HB Dave

Looks like some Cal Mag. type of product (i have also read Epson Salts do the same thing) may help ya out here. I saw this early on growing in FF as well.

D

Denny Crane

If you haven't fed any nutes, I wouldn't be worried about salt buildup quite yet unless the soil had a buildup in it already.
I panicked at every little spot, yellow area, curl, etc. that I saw on my plants. They just do some odd things for no apparent reason. If it appears to be a chronic (On going/getting worse) problem, then I'd start looking for answers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom