Yellow leaves, critters, getting worse

• Thread starter smaccio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
smaccio

smaccio

Rookie, growing outdoors, Girl Scout Cookie from seed, in Ocean Forest soil. My other plant looks great. Germinated early May, potted in early June, I've had a little of everything with this problem child. Powdery mildew (I wiped off and sprayed with hydrogen peroxide and that seemed to help), hoppers and who knows what else (I've sprayed with Neem once). The white bowl on the soil was filled with olive oil but I think the dog drank it. (Something drank it...) I've come to the conclusion that I was over-watering, never letting the pot dry out, so I've reduced frequency as of this week. After a month or so in the grow bag, I've twice given a dose of Foxfarm GrowBig (1 tsp / gallon). Ii've checked soil pH, and it seems 6 or 6.5 ish. Thoughts? and Thanks!

Yellow leaves critters getting worse
Yellow leaves critters getting worse 2
Yellow leaves critters getting worse 3
Yellow leaves critters getting worse 4
Nateygg

Nateygg

I would spray with lost coast plant therapy, itll get rid of the PM and insects right away. Good thing u found ur issue with over watering. Other than that it looks great. Yellowing and browning on the bottom of the tree is normal and not a big thing to worry about until it gets to the mid/top of the tree. u could rip those right of or wait until the green comes back after u sprayed with LOPT ;)

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

Without much to go on I guess the hoppers your talking about are fungus gnats that are atrracted to your media due to over watering. If thats the case its a very annoying pest.

Rotate neem, pyrethrum, B.S and prefferebly use a wetting agent like one that is based on saponins, use bti as soil drench and stop over watering.

Goodluck

smaccio

smaccio

I would spray with lost coast plant therapy, itll get rid of the PM and insects right away. Good thing u found ur issue with over watering. Other than that it looks great. Yellowing and browning on the bottom of the tree is normal and not a big thing to worry about until it gets to the mid/top of the tree. u could rip those right of or wait until the green comes back after u sprayed with LOPT ;)
Thanks for this! I was not familiar with LCPT. I'll give that a shot. It must be good, as expensive as it is!😉

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Top Bottom