Yellow leaves , over watering or light to close?

• Thread starter Wtmurry89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Wtmurry89

Hello all! Based off the setup in the pics and yellow coloring displayed, I thought maybe I was overwatering, but maybe my light is too close? This is my first year sprouting with LED and they are about 5 weeks in. Thoughts on the yellow leaves?

Yellow leaves  over watering or light to close
Yellow leaves  over watering or light to close 2
Yellow leaves  over watering or light to close 3
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Thanks, can you possibly elaborate on how that solves the problem? Just want to learn and understand. Thanks
five weeks in those tiny pots. they lose vigor once they run out of root space and fresh rich soil would provide all the nutrients they need.

imp6

imp6

They look a little stretched too. Don’t think u need to worry about height of the light or amount of Light if anything after u uppot they may be able to handle more

TSD

TSD

Yeah they need to be transplanted, probably should have been a week or more ago, and they need to be fed, what's in your soil will only last a couple weeks. More light wouldn't hurt either, are you putting them outside or under bigger lights?

W

Wtmurry89

Yeah they need to be transplanted, probably should have been a week or more ago, and they need to be fed, what's in your soil will only last a couple weeks. More light wouldn't hurt either, are you putting them outside or under bigger lights?
I am planting them outside. Was just trying to do the first six weeks indoors, I live in Colorado and I wanted to wait until the final frost date in early May, but I’m going to go ahead and put them in ground today if not this weekend.

TSD

TSD

I am planting them outside. Was just trying to do the first six weeks indoors, I live in Colorado and I wanted to wait until the final frost date in early May, but I’m going to go ahead and put them in ground today if not this weekend.
Or transplant them into bigger pots or at the very least feed them. If you put them out before the days are long enough, they may flower early and they won't have vegged out enough to do as much as they could. I have to wait at least 3 more weeks here in the Northeast. You also need to acclimate them to the sun and outdoors... if you put unhealthy, unhardened plants out in cold spring weather, chances of death are high especially with that Colorado sun. Moving them in and out for a while is probably the best course of action. I start with partial sun for a few hours a day and gradually increase... the sun is way more powerful than lights and they need time to adjust.

Top Bottom