Yellow new growth after transplant.

• Thread starter PistilPackTrichStack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PistilPackTrichStack

PistilPackTrichStack

what’s up everyone? New to the farm and just recently got back into things after about 6 years off. Recently ran into a new problem and wanted to get input on it. I have 12 clones that were just recently transplanted from 1 gal pots to 7 gal fabric pots.

Medium: 3/1 Cyco Pearl coco with perlite and micrrohiza/ Cyco Sea coco with kelp, peat moss, perlite.

Nutes: Vegamatrix Grow, Bloom, Boost, Phyfe, Pryme Zyme nutes with a touch of Aurora Amino Aide

Ph: 5.8

The day after I transplanted I notice the newer growth was beginning to yellow and one or two of the inner leaves had yellowed a bit. When I say yellow, I mean the whole leaf went yellow (bright) but the veins stayed green.. Today (3rd day) It seems to have progressed much over night. Upon scouting the forums, as which I always do, I came across a few posts saying that it could be an iron deficiency/lockout but not necessarily from the nutes or ph. But from the stress of the transplant?? Has anyone ever experienced this? Also, I seemed to believe a couple of the leaves were starting to get their green color back?

can the plant go through this on its own and bounce back or should do a flush and start over at 1/4 strength nutes?

Thank you so much everybody 😎🌲💨

Yellow new growth after transplant
DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I misread my calmag treatment & overdosed mine, they started growing yellowish new stuff so I just gave plain ph water. I'm in soil tho, coco different

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Most new growth is much lighter in color than established leaves. It could be that you plant is pumping out newer growth that hasn't yet had a chance to grow it's darker green coloring/chlorophyll. After feeding, I find a ton of newer growth and lighter green centers to the growing points. These resolve in a day or two. I couln't make out too much from the photo due to it being too far away for my old eyes to see it clearly. Good Luck!!

02trueblue

02trueblue

Most new growth is much lighter in color than established leaves. It could be that you plant is pumping out newer growth that hasn't yet had a chance to grow it's darker green coloring/chlorophyll. After feeding, I find a ton of newer growth and lighter green centers to the growing points. These resolve in a day or two. I couln't make out too much from the photo due to it being too far away for my old eyes to see it clearly. Good Luck!!

^what he said. Your plants look happy and healthy so I wouldn't worry. The light green new growth is probably just from them growing very quickly.. the leaves will darken up as they age/get larger. As long as the plant looks happy overall, you should be good to go.

a close-up pic of the tops of the plants would help get a 100% answer

Flavachaser

Flavachaser

what’s up everyone? New to the farm and just recently got back into things after about 6 years off. Recently ran into a new problem and wanted to get input on it. I have 12 clones that were just recently transplanted from 1 gal pots to 7 gal fabric pots.

Medium: 3/1 Cyco Pearl coco with perlite and micrrohiza/ Cyco Sea coco with kelp, peat moss, perlite.

Nutes: Vegamatrix Grow, Bloom, Boost, Phyfe, Pryme Zyme nutes with a touch of Aurora Amino Aide

Ph: 5.8

The day after I transplanted I notice the newer growth was beginning to yellow and one or two of the inner leaves had yellowed a bit. When I say yellow, I mean the whole leaf went yellow (bright) but the veins stayed green.. Today (3rd day) It seems to have progressed much over night. Upon scouting the forums, as which I always do, I came across a few posts saying that it could be an iron deficiency/lockout but not necessarily from the nutes or ph. But from the stress of the transplant?? Has anyone ever experienced this? Also, I seemed to believe a couple of the leaves were starting to get their green color back?

can the plant go through this on its own and bounce back or should do a flush and start over at 1/4 strength nutes?

Thank you so much everybody 😎🌲💨
Don’t panic just yet it’s early days give them a few days they should adjust and sort themselves out, they look pretty healthy this can be common behaviour after a transplant, as I’ve experienced this several times, maybe once or twice it’s been down to a slight nitrogen deficiency, just feel them out and let them do their thing before making any rash decisions, I think you will be ok though, good luck growmie and stay positive 💪🌲👊

PistilPackTrichStack

PistilPackTrichStack

Thanks for all the input guys, they ended up bouncing back after a few days. Leaves are starting to green up fully and new growth is continuing to flourish. I was just worrying because transplants have always went very smoothly for me. I’ll post some updated pictures when I get home later.
👽💚💨🌲

Top Bottom