yellow spots and tips..HELP PLEASE!!!

• Thread starter egz91
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

are you sure about lock out? i will try only with ph 6 water for today and then see how it goes.
Think he means the nutrient amounts may be sufficient in the soil but due to ph may not be as available for uptake by the plants.

Personally I feel it needs more nitrogen. Which is pretty available through a wide range so I'm kinda leaning more towards more ferts.

The reason I think that is usually calcium or magnesium are the first signs of lockout due to ph in my experience.

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

you think i should lower the ph beacuse of the type of soil i'm using?
the information on the product you're using that I posted including the link to it suggest you should. You should read it. I did, and now I won't be mixing that type of soil in with ffof going forward

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

are you sure about lock out? i will try only with ph 6 water for today and then see how it goes.
Not only water, keep the newts at the PPM you're currently using, and adjust your water to 6.0 and see if they don't green up in a week or so, I bet they do

Edit: this-->
Think he means the nutrient amounts may be sufficient in the soil but due to ph may not be as available for uptake by the plants.

Personally I feel it needs more nitrogen. Which is pretty available through a wide range so I'm kinda leaning more towards more ferts.

The reason I think that is usually calcium or magnesium are the first signs of lockout due to ph in my experience.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

It says it has enough nutes for a week so it's probably okay to up your nutes if you want but myself I would just fix the pH first and keep it at 25% and see if I saw a change there

I might go to 33%, I wouldn't go to 1/2 yet on those small plants tho, I don't know what your newts are but I know I wouldn't feed them above 350 PPM yet, but that's just what I would do,

also this is not Coco so I might not feed them nutes every watering maybe feed, water, feed, water or a feed, feed, water cycle etc.,

but that takes time to figure this out so for now keep your nutes low and keep feeding them and post pictures if you see better or worse things happening

Last edited:
Top Bottom