Yellow tips on new leaves

• Thread starter Shay92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shay92

Shay92

Hello guys, it is my 1st grow, read a lot but I still need practice. The plant has been 24 days out of the soil, microbox 0.09m2, 35W CREE led + 25W full spectrum diodes. Yellow tips started showing when the plant started to preflower. I only used 3 times plagron power roots and no other nutes since I have Plagron Growmix and the girl was showing no deficiencies. What could be the problem here? I read that it could be nitrogen excess, but I didn't feed any. Girl was perfect till flowering started, could it be some sort of deficiency? Should I drop power root and give her only water? PH of water I use is 6.3. Never used too much/too little.

Yellow tips on new leaves
Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

A lot of factors come into play. Most deficiencies are cal/Mag especially in coco. The next most common are sulfer and magnesium. Simple way to sort out is put but in liquid and Foliar feed

Reklax

Reklax

how far have you got the light from top of canopy? Can you post a pic of your whole grow area, it will be much more diagnosable

Shay92

Shay92

how far have you got the light from top of canopy? Can you post a pic of your whole grow area, it will be much more diagnosable
cant right now. about 30cm above. These are leds, temp is 24-27*C so I doubt it is a light stress

fishbuds

fishbuds

Ph could be a factor as well. I personally calibrate my meters weekly
I go thru weeks, where, i will just dip my ph pen in 7.0 calib. solution, just to make sure. :)

If she reads 7.0 I make the feed, if not i calibrate. Seems the better i take care of the head the less calibration.

Reklax

Reklax

cant right now. about 30cm above. These are leds, temp is 24-27*C so I doubt it is a light stress
You would be surprised!
That is exactly why I'm asking, you can't measure LEDs accurately without a par quantom sensor, that top looks small so if you got all that light pointed at that, its gonna stress it out, hence why I asked for pics. If you can prove ppfd at canopy is correct amount for its cycle then you may have a lockout of an immobile nutrient as it's starting from the top. This is typical of a cal def

Jrod2676

Jrod2676

Hello guys, it is my 1st grow, read a lot but I still need practice. The plant has been 24 days out of the soil, microbox 0.09m2, 35W CREE led + 25W full spectrum diodes. Yellow tips started showing when the plant started to preflower. I only used 3 times plagron power roots and no other nutes since I have Plagron Growmix and the girl was showing no deficiencies. What could be the problem here? I read that it could be nitrogen excess, but I didn't feed any. Girl was perfect till flowering started, could it be some sort of deficiency? Should I drop power root and give her only water? PH of water I use is 6.3. Never used too much/too little.
CalMag . Low nitro or magnesium.

Jrod2676

Jrod2676

Kinda stuck looking at this , but I really think it’s your Ph . If ur watering with 6.3 , ur plants sucks a portion of that . And ultimate it’s more like 5.8 . Water it at 6.8 next 2 times ..

Harry_Manback

Harry_Manback

Hey there, had same issue, it was PH imbalance that caused lockout of nutrients. Try lowering your nutes to 50% and increasing PH to 6.8 mb, see how it goes. Deffo not a light burn.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Hey thats a magnesium deficiency. First of all, so eone said its a cal/mag def or it could be manesium or sulphur. Cal/mag IS calcium AND magnesium. They are bottled together because usually both are needed. Your plants are 100% magnesium deficie t. New LEDs chew through magnesium AND the plants need a lot more during flower. Get some epsom salts, magnesium sulphate. No fancy colors or pretty smells, just Mg2SO4. Mix 1 gram per gallon of water or for faster results use 1/2 gram per liter of water and spray the plants down. Let it soak in for 30 minutes then rinse the plants off to avoid a buildup on them. Heres a pic that shows how the plants nutrient requirements change as it grows. You are also going to need to get some bloom nutes or at least a PK booster. Now that they are flowering they will need more phosphorus and potassium. As you get closer to the end of flower you gradually lower the phosphorus and raise the lotassium to get rock hard buds. Oh and common misconception is that they need nitrogen in ceg but almost none in flower but the reality is that weeks 3-5 of flowering is when they use the most nitrogen in their life cycle. I personally dont use a "transition" feeding. I keep my veg nutes in my res and when i switch to flower i keep the veg nutes in my res but i top it up daily/every other day with bloom nutes until ive put 50 gallons of top ups in, then i make a new res for the last half of flower. I tried it this way and the first time i did i got way more yield. They like the veg nutes for the first 2 weeks they just also like exxtra P and K. Sorry for the length of this, btw. Any other questions, just ask. Oh almoat forgot, magnesium doesnt really get absorbed below a pH of 6. So it kinda depends on how often you water, the pH rises as it dries but if you water too freque tly the pH cant rise like its suppose to. I really think this is a magnesium issue but if your pH meter is off tou could be making the pH too low, but the chances are that if your pH was an issue we would be seeing other problems by now. The firls dont need a lot of nutes in veg, especially if you grow in soil. Girls in flower are completely different, they need food. Every single day they dont get what they need decreases your final yield.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom