YellowHouseCA's first grow: Blue Dream + others, Soil + DWC

• Thread starter YellowHouseCA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
YellowHouseCA

YellowHouseCA

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to the forums and growing in general, so I'm looking forward to learning from you folks.

Initially, my goal was to try to grow a single Blue Dream plant using a 5 gallon DWC. My goal is still to try to get one good Blue Dream plant grown using DWC, but since I’ve germinated a few extra seeds from a local dispensary, I figured I would grow a few plants in soil–space permitting. This is entirely an experiment to learn and even if I completely kill my plant without producing anything worthwhile, it’ll be a success in my eyes if I’m that much more prepared to nail it on the second try. (I expect a few raised eyebrows at my choice of DWC for the first grow, but I’m really interested in hydroponics and want to learn how to manage that sort of set up.)

Here's what I've got going on.

The Set Up:
- Tent: TopoGrow 32"x32"x63"
- Light: Mars Hydro TSW 2000W
- Seeds: Blue Dream (ILGM), Mojave Green (Equilibrium Genetics) 1, and Lemon Glue F2 (Equilibrium Genetics)
- Air Pump: 15L/m ActiveAqua
- Air Stones: 2x 4x2" VIVOSUN Air Stones
- DWC Bucket: Hydrofarm Root Spa 1
- Medium: Getting seeds started in these Jiffy pellets, then moving 1x to hydroton DWC, and the rest to FF Happy Frog with perlite.
- Fabric Pots: VIVOSUN 1 gal + 5 gal
- Nutes: Advanced Nutrients Grow, Micro, and Bloom, Hydroguard, Cal-Mag
- Meters: VIVOSUN pH and TDS
- Humidifier: Elechomes HTJ-2119

Where I'm at:
- I germinated the Mojave Green and Lemon Glue F2 starting on 2020-09-04 by soaking them in glass of tap water.
- I did the same with the Blue Dream when I received them the next day, and moved them to paper towel and eventually the jiffy starters.
- Here's some shots of the seeds after germination:

Yellowhousecas first grow blue dream  others soil  dwc
Yellowhousecas first grow blue dream  others soil  dwc 2
Yellowhousecas first grow blue dream  others soil  dwc 3

- Now, it has been about a week and I'm thinking they're about ready to be transplanted. Here are the most recent photos, plus a shot of the roots.

Blue Dream
Yellowhousecas first grow blue dream  others soil  dwc 10
Yellowhousecas first grow blue dream  others soil  dwc 9

Lemon Glue F2
Yellowhousecas first grow blue dream  others soil  dwc 8
Yellowhousecas first grow blue dream  others soil  dwc 7

Mojave Green
Yellowhousecas first grow blue dream  others soil  dwc 6
Yellowhousecas first grow blue dream  others soil  dwc 5
Yellowhousecas first grow blue dream  others soil  dwc 4

- It's worth noting that only the Blue Dream seeds are feminized, and I have one that took an extra day to come through the dirt and seems to be missing a starter leaf. We'll see if it holds on.
- I am streaming the plants to keep an eye on the temps and humidity and give my buddies some eyes into what's going on in the tent. Feel free to take a look.

Thanks for reading. Let me know if you have any feedback on my setup or grow so far.

Cheers!

YellowHouseCA

YellowHouseCA

YellowHouseCA

Hi folks,

I went ahead and transplanted the jiffy starters into 1 gallon cloth pots today, with one of the Blue Dream plants being placed into a 5gal DWC.

Any tips on how much I should be watering during these first few days of the transplant? I've seen mixed opinions.

Here's a shot from the tent cam:
Tent

YellowHouseCA

YellowHouseCA

Quick update:
- Thanks for the follows at twitch.tv/yellowhouseca !
- Plants are starting to take off. Pretty much on autopilot right now, just keeping the water in check in the DWC and keeping the soil plants watered.

Mojave Green Close Up:
IMG 1349

Another tent shot:
Tent2

YellowHouseCA

YellowHouseCA

Getting bigger! Gonna be topping them on stream tomorrow at 12PM PT if anyone wants to tune in. ;)

Capture

O

okidokerjoker

When you they don't look consistent from plant to plant all the same strain?? I grow in rdwc and living soil out side. But never grow any other way indoors than with my under current. Keep a close eye on your water temps..

Latest posts

Top Bottom