Yellowing 12 days into Vegg. Soil, Nutes, Advice.

• Thread starter Zoobear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

Zoobear

Hello all, and Thank You for taking the time to read my post. I hope that you will be able to offer some of your expertise.

The Rundown: I have 6 kids vegging in 2x2 cabinet under
1x 200Watt 6700k CFL
6x 23 Watt 6700k CFL

I am using Miracle Grow Organic Choice and I was planning on using Bio-Grow and Bio Bloom Liquid Ferts.
I was told that this would be MG would be sufficient and would not need any other additives other then the bio-grow when its time for nutes.

I would like to switch from using the MG Organic Choice. I cannot buy Foxfarms or any other of the mainstream soils talked about on these forums. And b/c of lack of expierence I am not to keen on the idea of mixing my own soil. I'm planning a trip to a nursery/garden center this weekend (Merrifiledgardencenter.com) so I was hoping to get some ideas on what I should be looking to get. I was told that that Miracle Grow Organic Choice and the Bio-Grow would suffice but this does not seem to be the case.

In anycase any ideas whats up with the kids?? any tips, advice, recipes, or links would be great. Thanks a ton, sorry for the long post.. And if you have offered your help to me already on another post, Thanks a ton.

I have left the website for the gardencenter I will be shopping at over the weekend, if anyone has the time to check out the site and offer some feed back as to what I should pick up, your help would be greatly appreciated and you would so ROCK. Thanks again.

Getattachment
B

bambam13579

looks like overfeeding, if you havent fed it maybe the soils too hot!!!

capegrower

capegrower

besides the sticks in the soil the first thing I would check is the PH
check the PH of your water after youve added the nutes

F

Fear

Ditch the miracle grow get a good organic soil. You can use plain water for awhile in a good soil. Find a nice nutrient line for soil also. Keep the ph around 5.5-6.2

F

forehead

looks like the new growth is ok ...cultivate(turn over) the top of the soil with a fork,,flush with best water ya got and get some wormcasting if ya can...they are perfect for starting baybees! iF ya can stand the smell Fish emulsion is great for youn- uns as well .good luck. Looks like they mite be a bit dry.

Caress of Steel

Caress of Steel

I'll second the notion of ditching the MG soil. Get some pro-mix or something similar. If you cant find that, peat moss and perlite mixed 50/50 or 60/40 works well too.

B

bigleek

mg soil is to strong for seedlings/clones you need to use a seed/cutting compost first until they are growing strongly

Top Bottom