Yellowing all around, room to recover?

• Thread starter prsp1341
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
prsp1341

prsp1341

Hi everyone,

We're a group of beginner growers and we've been having an issue with our first grow.

We have an indoor setup with GE 400w lightbulbs, and have been growing 3 pots of auto seeds (2 Bluetooth 1 AK47) since early February.

Our soil is Canna Terra Professional and we followed the attached chart for feeding.

Around day 17-20, we started seeing yellow spots in leaves. Plants were growing at a fast pace, except there was a point where the lights were too close to the plants and caused light burn, but we immediately took action and things were looking good from there.

However over the last few weeks the yellowing started growing from the bottom parts. We are now at Day 52, and the current situation is not looking good.

We used drinking water for feeding, played around with a pH between 6.1 and 6.7, and over the last two weeks we added Magnesium to our feeding solution. We also sprayed the plants with Magnesium. It seems like it has not helped as the yellowing has grown.

Based on the way the plants look, what would you say the cause of our problem is? Is there still room to recover and get a good yield out of these plants? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Yellowing all around room to recover
Yellowing all around room to recover 2
Yellowing all around room to recover 3
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Were you following the nutrient schedule exactly like it says?

prsp1341

prsp1341

Here's some more information in case it gives a clue regarding what might be going wrong.

• Our grow room is 90x90cm with 180cm height, and we're growing 3 plants in 14L pots.
  • For each 14L pot we're using 1L of water when watering (whether we're feeding or not)
  • For each feed we mostly used the recommended portion size, in some cases we gave less than that (minimum portion we used was half of the recommended)
Questions:
  • What should be the target pH for when we're flushing with plain water?
  • Would it help if we lollipop the plants?
  • I'm attaching a summary of our feeding schedule, how does the frequency and timings look?

A
prsp1341

prsp1341

Here's some more photos with better look at the leaves in bottom and top parts. We think we have multiple problems going on - possibly light burn, nutrient deficiency (whether caused by pH irregularity or other factors) or under/over watering. We've been using drinking water instead of tap water (we're located in Eastern Europe).

When we fed the plants we always used a ratio of 1/14 (water/soil). We have not increased the amount of water as the plants have grown. We played around with giving less nutrients randomly (range of 50% to 100% of the suggested chart) and yesterday added PK13/14 to our feeding solution, using 2/14 water per amount of soil.

Based on the recent photos and our history, what would you say our problems are, and how should we take action?

Thanks a lot.

Gr0
Gr1
growsince79

growsince79

Improper watering. 14l pots soil probably need about 4-5l each water.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I don't know about that feed schedule because it's soil but the same one from Canna they advice for Coco would kill many plants with to high nutes, I would suggest looking at going half nutes compared to the schedule and max 2/3.

JTShakes

JTShakes

Hi there,

I would suggest is a full flush of the soil if you haven't done one recently. If your tap water isn't terrible (7-ish pH and less than 300ppm) just put them in the shower/tub and run 20-30L of tap water through them until the runoff is clear. This will strip most of the salts and nutes from the soil. Once they drain, keep them in the tub and finish them with a few liters of pH'd water with your flowering nutrients at 50% strength. Most of it will run through but that's OK. They'll look droopy for a couple of days after the flush, but they'll recover. Don't water or feed them again until the pots feel much lighter, probably 4-5 days.

Improper watering. 14l pots soil probably need about 4-5l each water.
I would agree. I've always used the soak and dry method. Only water when the pots feel light and when you water, soak them thoroughly (enough to get some runoff). Feed every other watering at 50% ish strength.

• Would it help if we lollipop the plants?
It's a little late for that. Typically, two weeks into flower is the latest you want to aggressively defoliate. That said, definitely clean up the dried and old leaves from the plants. It will increase airflow and give pests less places to hide.

Whatever you do, don't get discouraged! Those lower leaves don't need to be perfectly healthy and lush, especially later into flower. They get less light so the plant makes better use of them as nutrients, rather than little chlorophyll sugar factories. Yes, we want our plants to be as healthy as possible, but it doesn't have to be 100% perfect to produce some really nice buds. Take my last grow, for example: A Durban Poison that was root bound and had pH issues for most of it's flower cycle. It was the yellowest and least healthy looking plant I have ever grown. It also produced 80gm of potent, tasty, and very desirable purple buds. Here's a link to the journal if you're interested: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/t...beautiful-dutch-passions-durban-poison.122920

d2add9dd-0cc2-4c0d-8a8e-0bd924570ef6-jpeg.1080267

img_e0041-jpg.1083782

25721b5f-7bd4-4125-8cb1-32e1d53f080c-jpeg.1085715

Best of luck to you and your fellow growers.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

It’s likely using up all the energy in the lower canopy first.

chemistry

chemistry

Cut the Nitrogen and feed more Potassium based flower nuits.

Top Bottom