Yellowing and limp leaves with H&G

• Thread starter nickcapuano
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nickcapuano

I recently switched from rockwool to coco and am currently using 3gallon fabric pots and H&G full line of nutes mixing as the feeding schedule suggests. i am getting some yellowing on the leaves that i have not seen from this strain grown in DWC or rockwool. i thought maybe i got them too close to the lights so i moved them farther away. its happening now on a different strain in coco so im thinking maybe something with the nutes.

i only have a camera phone so its hard for me to capture the yellow spots but i think you can see them in some of the pics.

i have also noticed that at then end of the 18hrs of light, the plants seem to look tired or beat down versus when the light is on at the beginning of the day and throughout the middle of the day. i have grown these under 24hrs before and they were perky the whole time.

i am using tap water that is bubbled for 24hrs with a ppm of ~100 from the faucet. H&G per the feed schedule for each plant, 5.8 ph and hand watering, about 1.4ec for largest plant and 1.0 for smaller ones. veg tage under t-5 48" 8 bulb. i was using GH lucas formula when i was in DWC and rockwool and never got this yellowing on these strains.
sorry about the pics quality but im going to try to show the yellowing and side by side of the plants early in the day and before lights out.

Yellowing and limp leaves with hg
Yellowing and limp leaves with hg 2
Yellowing and limp leaves with hg 3
N

nickcapuano

^^ its hard with my camera phone to get a good shot of the color of these leaves. they look worse in person than in the pics.

here is a side by side- end and start of day.

IMG 20110805 103638
IMG 20110805 184823
B

brookstown

You have the beginning stages of Mg Def. Using the tap water usually helps this but the coco tends to screw with the ph which in turns locks out the Mg. CalMg or I use Epsom salts with all new coco. you can also foliar to correct immediately.

Peace B

P

potgutz

ok with mg def use epsom salts as a foliar spray mixing half a teaspoon to one litre and dont forget to adjust your ph to 7 when foliar feeding also in the future with coco mix in a good handful of dolomite lime to a 30 litre pot and make sure u dont over water cause that can cause mg lockout so with coco if your hand feeding u only want to use bout 3-4 litres 3-4 x a day. GL with it.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

When I see somthin' weird going on with my plants I always flush.. Then I feed them but up the calmag & it usually fixes the issue.. foliar feed them with calmag is a great idea like the other posts recommend.. Both posts above mine have great info

Latest posts

Top Bottom