Yellowing and orange of leaves only on my Gelato

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

So I'm growing 3 Gelato Auto (3 in back row) and 3 Bruce Banner Auto (front 3). In the past 2 days, I have noticed so severe yellowing and orange on my leaves of ONLY 2 of 6 plants. HOWEVER they are 2 of my 3 Gelato. I am having the exact same issue as I had on my last/first time grower, which is no matter how low my PH is when I water, my soil PH continues to stay at 7 to 7.2 on one plant. I realize that these are 2 different strains and they probably need to be treated differently with nutrients and other factors. I remember having this issue on my "mutant" plant in my last grow and found out I was way to high on nutrients HOWEVER in the end it was my plant with tye densest stickies Buds. I'll attach some pictures of the yellowing in hopes I can get it resolved. I am due to water today. I'm following my last grow journal almost to the T and realize that this was about the same time I started having the yellowing issues before. Any help would be greatly appreciated cause the Buds are looking really nice for only 50 days since seed and I would hate to lose the plants. Thank you all

Yellowing and orange of leaves only on my gelato
Yellowing and orange of leaves only on my gelato 2
Yellowing and orange of leaves only on my gelato 3
Yellowing and orange of leaves only on my gelato 4
Yellowing and orange of leaves only on my gelato 5
Yellowing and orange of leaves only on my gelato 6
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
So I'm growing 3 Gelato Auto (3 in back row) and 3 Bruce Banner Auto (front 3). In the past 2 days, I have noticed so severe yellowing and orange on my leaves of ONLY 2 of 6 plants. HOWEVER they are 2 of my 3 Gelato. I am having the exact same issue as I had on my last/first time grower, which is no matter how low my PH is when I water, my soil PH continues to stay at 7 to 7.2 on one plant. I realize that these are 2 different strains and they probably need to be treated differently with nutrients and other factors. I remember having this issue on my "mutant" plant in my last grow and found out I was way to high on nutrients HOWEVER in the end it was my plant with tye densest stickies Buds. I'll attach some pictures of the yellowing in hopes I can get it resolved. I am due to water today. I'm following my last grow journal almost to the T and realize that this was about the same time I started having the yellowing issues before. Any help would be greatly appreciated cause the Buds are looking really nice for only 50 days since seed and I would hate to lose the plants. Thank you all
just ride it out, it’s nothing serious at this point..
just keep feeding them till the end..

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

You haven't steered me wrong with you're previous responses so I'll take it lol. Cool thing about keeping these grow journals is comparing side by side and I am seeing the exact same things at different time. Fact 1: I SUCK FROM WEEK 1 TO 4 with watering lol

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
You haven't steered me wrong with you're previous responses so I'll take it lol. Cool thing about keeping these grow journals is comparing side by side and I am seeing the exact same things at different time. Fact 1: I SUCK FROM WEEK 1 TO 4 with watering lol
i’m pretty sure the gelato strains like a balanced feeding regime from start to finish..
you did good..

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

And what about this PH issue I had last grow and this grow. I'm assuming FoxFarm Soil must have a higher PH naturally. I feel like no matter what I do (watering at even 5.15) I can't get my PH down past 7 to 7.2. Was wondering if this is part of my issue?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
So they don't look too bad in you're opinion for day 50 since seed?
there’s room for improvement for sure but that’ll come with every grow..
just getting to the finish when growing marijuana can be very challenging for some especially new growers, just don’t give up!!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
And what about this PH issue I had last grow and this grow. I'm assuming FoxFarm Soil must have a higher PH naturally. I feel like no matter what I do (watering at even 5.15) I can't get my PH down past 7 to 7.2. Was wondering if this is part of my issue?
i never ph or ppm or ec, have no clue what’s in my tap water..
you shouldn’t be in soil and some soilless mixes unless your using synthetic nutrients.,
personally i think your just loving your plants too much and your putting them into stress..
keep growing as you’ll get better and better but in the meantime maybe learn how to play guitar or golf..

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Bahahahhahahah. Love it I'm literally playing guitar as we speak. I'm an overthinker in all I do. I've owned a landscape company for over 20 years and a perfectionist so when I see what appears to be signs of failure I panic. So I will take the advice and keep doing what im doing. Clearly I had these same issues in my previous grow and in the end I was stoked. Lastly I do like learning so I tend to ask alot of questions and fortunately people on here have been very helpful and receptive. Thank you for all of you're help man

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

UPDATE: Plants are looking good. My Gelato (3 in back) are definetly going to be ready much sooner then my Bruce Banner (3 in Front. The plants right in tye middle (guessing light intensity) are getting frosty and dense as he'll. I've just come to realize I'm an overthinker and stress weeks 1 through 5 so much. I wanted to attach some pictures to see begging to current. Thank you all

20211102 222838
20211113 181543
20211116 212809
20211120 160403
20211121 121431
Screenshot 20211128 172520 Photos
20211203 160700
20211210 183903
20211229 225252
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Figured I would update. It's day 66 since seed. Still having yellowing issues in my Gelato but damn are they fat and chunky. I'm really leaning towards thinking my Gelato don't like the same amount of nutrient levels as my Bruce banner. The Bruce Banners are looking soooo good, not 1 yellow leaf BUT they are growing much slower. No big deal there as it looks like I may be having to harvest 2 of my Gelato in the next 2 weeks

20220105 141915
20220105 141228
20220105 140830
Bullmark69

Bullmark69

From your day 66 pics the gelato looks close….maybe another week or two….with the BB a couple weeks later. Great looking grow..
I have some Gelato autos from Fastbuds sitting in the on deck circle….just waiting on 3 Super skunks to finish. Those laggers are on day 92 or so and still heaving out thick clusters of white hairs. So much for the breeder’s claim of 9-10 weeks seed to ripe.
Anyway, u seem pretty dialed in so I wanted to ask about the Gelatos. I was thinking of growing in Ocean Forest….is that your medium?
Also, what did u feed them? Do they prefer lighter doses but consistent feedings?
Last ?…..what’s the smell of those Gelatos? I’ve never been around it. I just started growing again after a 25yr hiatus…and I only grew outdoors before. What a great hobby though.
Good luck with yours….I’m sure they’ll end up killer. Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Top Bottom