yellowing and wilting lower fan leaves 4thweek flowering

• Thread starter maddox420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
maddox420

maddox420

I've been growing outside for a couple years now and have never seen purple stems

maddox420

maddox420

I've been growing outside for a couple years now and have never seen purple stems

maddox420

maddox420

I did add some nitrogen I think possibly I've been usein to much p

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Let us know how it goes.

Different beast, growing inside compared to outside, isn't it? I just can't seem to do as well inside as I do out.

maddox420

maddox420

I did add some n it did seem to stop the yellowing so hopefully that wad it I just got 5 bubblegum clones today so I'm pretty excited about that what light schedule would you recommended I'm gonna use 24 light

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I prefer 18/6, or if they're going outside an interrupted matched photoperiod (matched for length of daylight, with night-time interrupted).

Danksnax

Danksnax

Hey Seamaiden, thank you for touching up on the subject of purple stems/petioles on your last two posts.
I have been looking for information regarding this as my outdoor tree has purple petioles, as well as stripes on the main trunk, and was wondering if it was genetics or deficiency. Fed it magnesium and P and still remained purple. Pretty sure it is genetics :cool:.

Next, the yellowing leaf issue, I have found it to be true, IME, that the plant will suck up and wilt off leaves that are crowded together or just too deep inside the plant to receive enough sunlight (and this is happening during vegetative stage). I've fed N and Mag to no avail, once the plant decides it's going to eat a leaf, that leaf is getting ate. Of course, I have not used your style of pruning and my inner canopy is pretty bushy.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If its trunk is striped, then IMO too that's 100% genetic.

I agree with you about the leaves being used, but if you don't respond the plant will gobble itself up pretty quickly. Can't quite reverse, but more like stave off or slow down that process.

Try going Brazilian! Easiest trim(ming) you'll ever.... uh... yeah.

Razor slipped

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've never seen red, only purple. Can you get a pic?

Bo0m

Bo0m

#TempleOfBoomMagikBeanCo
Supporter
I've met the man, his name is Jorge, and he's a very nice person, very genuine and great to talk to. I've actually ended up becoming friends with one of his traveling companions.
If you think his book(s) is/are crap, why don't you write your own? You can call it Bo0m! Like That! :D

I still think his plant shouldn't be yellowing like that at week 4, and I would still give them a small push of nitrogen. I still think the reddened/purpled petioles are an indicator of P not being utilized. Flushing wouldn't help either scenario, would it? I honestly can't tell much of anything about the rest of the plants, even in the second photo, the light's blown out and I can't make out a thing. What I can see looks good, but I can't tell how far up the yellowing goes.

A lot of people think the reddened/purpled petioles are normal. To them I say try this--grow that gal inside with her purple petioles, then try growing her outside in good soil and see what happens. IME, every time, and I mean every time I do that, the girls grown outside lose those purpled petioles. The only exceptions are strains that also have the purple striping on the mains. I'm still trying to work getting rid of that sign indoors. Got it down pretty well outside, inside not so much.

I was t saying he wasnt nice, I just said book was shit, and I can't hate to much. It was the first full colar book. But it's full of a lot of misinformation, or at least information that he didnt test, or shit that was just his opion, or at least was a halph thought. Plus his math is insane, and the light calucalations are straight up fuckig bullshit. People have been tryin to hit that 2.5 for ever, and I have seen shit for proof of it. NO ONE I KNOW HAS HIT IT. I have had a hole lot of bullshiters try to tell me they have, but by the look of there product there's NO fucking way.

It's funny you say I should right my own, :) becouse I am slowly working on it. Also jus a thought but if his book is so GREAT why do all the newb growers have so many damn problems and they always have his book. His book all it does is show problems after problems with no, real instruction on how to solve the problems when they arise. Plus it spits at fantascal ideas, and the grow room design section lacks. I mean LACKS.

Just my two cents though. Like I said it's in color and has real nice pages. :)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I don't know, I don't actually have his book, haven't read it. I have, however, seen a few of his videos, and met another traveling companion of his, a cat who's known around these parts and elsewhere as Chimera.

So, while I can't say that Jorge knows so much, it sure does seem to me that he knows some folks who are incredibly knowledgeable, like Chimera and some of the Dutch people highlighted in one of his videos. Maybe he relays some of their information. Again, I don't know, but I do know this--a *lot* of people have a *lot* of shit to say about a guy they don't know at all. I only spent the weekend visiting with him, but it left me feeling like I'd invite him to my own home and would enjoy chilling and toking and talking story.

And I bet *you* wouldn't mind that yourself, either. :)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Dude is *so* chill, Ken. And a good conversationalist, but mostly he's an interviewer, asks a lot of questions.

maddox420

maddox420

That's one of the worst leaves most of the browsing is just spotting

IMG 20130806 165802
Top Bottom