Yellowing keaves querstion?

• Thread starter Dobegarden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dobegarden

Hi all,

I have recently transfered some veg plants in to bigger pots, trimmed some lower branches and induced in to flowering.

Out of 9 plants, bout 5 now have yellowing on some of the big leaves. I'm not talking about a bit burning round the edges, the leaves are yellow from the outside of the leaf about 1cm inwards.

I've tried to upload some pictures but have failed in doing so!!!

I've also looked in some of my grow books and also Canna's leaflet on nute difficiency but cannot really see a similar leaf in these to mine. Also read past posts on yellowing leaves.

Any help greatly appreciated

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
Could be nitrogen deficiancy. Could be magnesium deficiancy. Either way, give a good flush with a mild and complete nutrient solution ~ 500ppm. Then get them back on track. Remember, when in doubt flush it out, get them back to square one and then start over.

T

Towelie

Could be nitrogen deficiancy. Could be magnesium deficiancy. Either way, give a good flush with a mild and complete nutrient solution ~ 500ppm. Then get them back on track. Remember, when in doubt flush it out, get them back to square one and then start over.

This is good advice. Sounds like nute def. Flush and re-nute. How often do you water?

D

Dobegarden

i'm now wondering if this could be due to a faulty Ph pen, i have flushed these plants for a week, watering every 2-3 days, the last 2 feeds have been cf1.4.

could an incorrect ph cause this?

R

Rolln J

i'm now wondering if this could be due to a faulty Ph pen, i have flushed these plants for a week, watering every 2-3 days, the last 2 feeds have been cf1.4.

could an incorrect ph cause this?

sure an incorrect ph can lead to a nutrient lockout...

I always have the vial/dropper ph kit on hand and you should have some calibration solution (4.0 and/or 7.0) to check your tester.

D

Denny Crane

Yep! pH can definitely cause a "lock-out". Adding more of whats locked out only compounds the problem.

Check your pH pen. Do you have a reagent pH test kit? I use one to back up my pen readings.

If your pH is within tolerances, then I'd say it's either a Ca, Mg or both issue. Most tap water has calcium in it in one form or another and is usually not very available. You could try a tablespoon of Epsom Salts, but I'd be all about starting a Cal-Mag regimen. That Cal-Mag is some amazing stuff. I used it last grow and they thoroughly LOVED the shit.
I get rusting (Ca deficiency) like clock work during flower. It starts at right around 2 weeks, and then again around the 5th or 6th week. A really knowledgeable guy on another forum told me that's usually when they start gulping Mg for bud growth spurts. It made perfect sense to me. He sure enough called it right by telling me when it starts manifesting itself. Trust me, Dude knows his shit.
I'm still getting my mind around all the interrelationships between elements, and Ca and Mg certainly have a real close relationship. Too much of one will lock out the other.
Hang in there. We have the best hobby in the world. What else can possibly be as infinitely frustrating and stressful as this can be yet we thoroughly enjoy and savor every second of it?

Top Bottom