Yellowing leaf tips, brown spots 5 weeks into veg

• Thread starter Maax457
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Maax457

Maax457

I am currently in week 5. Growing SnowLAnd hybrid from DNA genetics in coco coir. I was growing in 3.5 gallons and just transplanted 2 days ago because they were root bound. Now in 15 gallon pots and planning on switching to flowering in the next days. 2 of my 4 plants are showing yellow tips on new leaves and even brown spots. Older leaves don't have this issue. Using General Hydro nutes and current nutrient solution is: CalMag 3ml, Micro 5ml, Gro 5ml, Bloom 3ml, Diamond Nectar 2ml, Carborator sugars 0.5g Per Gallon of water
IMG_20191020_132456.jpg
IMG_20191020_132425.jpg
IMG_20191020_115955.jpg
IMG_20191018_164722.jpg
received_2291745677783514.jpeg

you growing from seed or clones?
Seeds. DNA Genetics SnowLAnd feminized
2. How old are your plants?
5 weeks
3. How tall are your plants?
14 inches
4. What type of hydro system are you using?
Coco coir/perlite hand watering until 15% runoff
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using?
General hydroponics
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution?
always beetween 5.8 and 6.2
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water?
85ppm
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution?
Currently at 800ppm
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution?
20 celcius
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check?
PPM falls about 200ppm in runoff
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check?
very little variations +/- 0.2
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
No
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
Currently using MH1000watt
14. How close are your lights to the plants?
22 inches
15. What size is your grow space in square feet?
16 square feet (4x4 tent)
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
24 celcius and humidity is at 50%
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
No
18. How much experience do you have growing?
First indoor grow

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

look like you over feed them to me,you just transplanted did you up yout ppm count when you did? 5 weeks in your 800 sounds about right,so what did you change?i mention this because it would still need a little or a week from transplant to get legs straight in the zone,that extra shock could have gave you the tip burn,the brown dot tell me ph,you mentioned everything just about right at 5 weeks in just saying,what about your water did it change as in a waterwell,mine changes with the weather and especially when it rains,im at 7.2 and 315 ppm,crazy high,when it rains and the aquifer fills again those number go down

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

forgot to ask ,did you rinse your coco at transplant?last rinse did you use the 800 schedule for last rinse

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That light will cause heavy transpiration if the VPD is too high, which could lead to overfeeding. 50 RH is a bit low for that stage under the conditions. I'd say either reduce the feed rate ppm or increase humidity closer to 65-70%

G

Germination

Hate to ask a question on your thread. But can someone here check out my most recent post and forget about the question . My week 3/4 plants r nothing like @Maax457 good job bro these look foods regardless lol compared to mine

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That light will cause heavy transpiration if the VPD is too high, which could lead to overfeeding. 50 RH is a bit low for that stage under the conditions. I'd say either reduce the feed rate ppm or increase humidity closer to 65-70%
Yup

Maax457

Maax457

look like you over feed them to me,you just transplanted did you up yout ppm count when you did? 5 weeks in your 800 sounds about right,so what did you change?i mention this because it would still need a little or a week from transplant to get legs straight in the zone,that extra shock could have gave you the tip burn,the brown dot tell me ph,you mentioned everything just about right at 5 weeks in just saying,what about your water did it change as in a waterwell,mine changes with the weather and especially when it rains,im at 7.2 and 315 ppm,crazy high,when it rains and the aquifer fills again those number go down
I have a waterwell and i have been cheking my ppm count everytime before adding nutrients and it always varies between 70 and 95 ppm. The only thing i have changed appart from transplant is my nutients... I have upped my ppm's from 650 to 800... Was thinking of nute burn but at the same time 800 isn't that high. I'm planning on feeding with half dose of nutes for a week starting today because my lower leaf tips are starting to yellow also.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I have a waterwell and i have been cheking my ppm count everytime before adding nutrients and it always varies between 70 and 95 ppm. The only thing i have changed appart from transplant is my nutients... I have upped my ppm's from 650 to 800... Was thinking of nute burn but at the same time 800 isn't that high. I'm planning on feeding with half dose of nutes for a week starting today because my lower leaf tips are starting to yellow also.
i dont really go by a set feed,i figure what each amend does in seperate glasses,so if im using cal mag or silca i put it in first right at or around 200 ppm max then i add my nutes to get the ppm im looking for ,so changing nutes doesnt even bother the plant,just as we do going to mcdonalds today burger king tomorrow kind of thing,dogs and cats eat same shit everyday,boring right,well drop a tater on floor and watch um come running for it just saying,no doubt in my mind this could cause a disruption in there diet but not to a point were it harms them,so i go by what stage of growth and adjust ppm for what i think plant wants and needs,and ph is always the same,so the change for the stress lay somewere else i always imagine,be humidity ,heat,bugs above and below the soil ,did somone walk in my room cause they were mad at me and take a piss on the plant,such shit as that,you know,but my feed could be tea this week then dry amends next week and so on if you dig

Latest posts

Top Bottom