Yellowing Leaves 4 Weeks Into Flower.

• Thread starter Midnite Tokr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Midnite Tokr

Midnite Tokr

This is my first time growing an indica plant, I'm not 100% on the strain, but I believe its girl scout cookies, based on looks, its my youngest in flower yet has the most trichs, almost totally covered in them, and a light green, and the sweet ass smell of what can only be described as baked goods, and a mild vanilla coming off of it, like cookies. It is 4 weeks into flower, same as my 2 sativa ladies, but the indica is starting to yellow its leaves, from the bottom up, like a tree does in the fall outside. My set up is a 4 foot by 2 foot by 5 foot tall, mylar flower tent, (I have a separate tent for my vegging ladies, as I perpetual grow ;) ) a 400w extra sun HPS light, and dimmable digital ballast, non vented reflector (grow is in basement, below ground for security, so light being non vented provides the heat for "day time") has a 4 inch desktop fan for air intake, a 2 tiered cross blowing osculating fan blowing below, thru, and above canopy, a vivosun 4" 200cfm inline fan for exhaust, that vents out air from both tents, temp during day is between 78.4-81.3*, night is usually at 67.8-72.5*. The soil is jiffy natural potting mix, the nutes are Sensi cal mag, used every time I get plant wet, terpinator, used every misting, and in every feed, but not flush's, fox farm big bloom, and fox farm tiger bloom, mixed 3/4 strength, and together, given every other watering, and a mix of 1/4 strength big bloom, and tiger bloom, with full strength terpenator and 1/2 strength sensi cal mag extra as a daily mist for them, being sure to do it out of direct light, and with good ventilation so buds don't develop mold. This regimine has been the same for my Sativa's and this indica for the entire veg and flower phase so far. The Sativa's are loving life, abundant growth, deep lush green leaves, still stretching, and growing new bud sites, 4 weeks into flower. My indica was like this, but now is yellowing from the bottom up. Pistils are curling, starting to amber, I'd say about 25% are ambered, and curled, 25% still white and straight, and 50% are curled and white. I used mag lenses and looked at the trichs. They look like little balls of plastic, 100% are white, and about 1% are amber. The tops still look nice and lush, healthy. My Sativa's have not a yellow leaf on them, anywhere. What's going on here?? Any help would be appreciated.

Midnite Tokr

Midnite Tokr

Oh, I forgot, RH ranges between 35-45% give or take, I water and flush with pH based solutions st 6.0 pH. Root zone pH ranges from 5.9-6.3. I like to let it be fluid, and move in between 5.5-6.5 pH. A few times it rose to 7, and was brought down to range over a 24 hour period.

jammie

jammie

yellowing from the bottom up is classic nitrogen deficiency. it pretty common because flower nutes have low nitrogen. just go back to grow ferts or add urea or dried blood, both of which can be found at any garden store

Midnite Tokr

Midnite Tokr

yellowing from the bottom up is classic nitrogen deficiency. it pretty common because flower nutes have low nitrogen. just go back to grow ferts or add urea or dried blood, both of which can be found at any garden store
It seems to be finishing up way quicker than the Sativa's tho. I would think if it was a deficiency, all plants would have it, since all are grown, watered, and fed under same condition's. The Sativa's havent started to curl hairs, or whiten trichs yet. This indica had all white trichs, and the hairs are browning, and curling inwards, signs of bid maturation, but idk why it's behaving this way. Buds are a very nice size for the size container plant is in, fat and juicy, very nice looking, but I thought it would flower way longer. I think in like 18 days this will be ready for harvest, but that's only about 7 weeks of flower, my Sativa's tend to run 70-90 days. Is there that much difference between the 2?

Leew421

Leew421

The indicas always finish sooner. You see hybrids where indica is added to shorten flower time.

Midnite Tokr

Midnite Tokr

The indicas always finish sooner. You see hybrids where indica is added to shorten flower time.
So, do you think I should start my 2 week flush? The yellowing has reached bottom buds. I was going to harvest at 50% hair change since trichs are already white and plasticy looking, I don't want harsh smoke, and hairs are almost all curled now, and roughly 20-25% have browned. If I flush now, in 2 weeks will they be where I wanted for harvest?

Leew421

Leew421

There is nothing wrong with using just water for a while. Like 2 3 weeks. I would add another week onto whatever you think is done.

jammie

jammie

most gsc that ive grown go 60 days. unless its a real fat leaf, its probably a hybrid. if your only at 4 weeks, i think you have a while to go. i respectfully disagree with Lee- this is the time the plant is putting on weight. the yellowing leaves are telling you it wants more food. don't over do it but plain water at this stage will limit bud production and weight- good luck

Midnite Tokr

Midnite Tokr

most gsc that ive grown go 60 days. unless its a real fat leaf, its probably a hybrid. if your only at 4 weeks, i think you have a while to go. i respectfully disagree with Lee- this is the time the plant is putting on weight. the yellowing leaves are telling you it wants more food. don't over do it but plain water at this stage will limit bud production and weight- good luck
Its leaves are very short, bit damned near as wide as they are long. Even the oldest leaves barely get as big ad my hand, but they are as wide as my hand. My Sativa's are growing leaves as big as my head, with fingers about 6-8 inches long, the indica is growing about 4 inch long fingers, on leaves just as wide, or wider. The indica buds are as wide as they are long, tapering off to a blunt point, fat, juicy. I'm still leaning that it isn't a deficiency, as the other plants grown under exact same conditions aren't displaying this sign. I think it may just be finishing early. Its only in a 1.5 gal pot, the Sativa's are in 3 gallon pots, that's the only difference. Bud set is done on indica, its just been plumping up. The Sativa's are still growing tall, getting new tops, buds are growing long new buds setting in, havent started to plump, but my Sativa's usually run 68-90 days, plumping the last 3 weeks, hairs changing a week prior to plumping. Generally speaking. The indica is displaying these signs now, trichs all white, starting to amber, hairs curling and browning..... Idk. I've been told too cool temps can make them finish early, and that Indica's run 45-60 day flowers. I'm not 100% on the strain, just know for sure its an indica. Would that want more nitrogen during flower than my Sativa's? I continued their nitrogen full strength thru foliar feeding, and watering for the first 2 weeks, than its been switched to bloom and flower ferts. For last ........ Hmmmmm....... My math may have been off. I'm almost done with 3rd week of flower ferts..... So its going on the end of 5th week? . Either way, if the 45-60 day flower time for an indica is correct, flushing for 2 weeks, in like 3-4 days when it needs water again, will put flowering time at 46-53 days of flowering. I could give it a weak shot of N I suppose, I just don't want couchlock weed, or harsh smoke.

jammie

jammie

this is the perfect tool to check those trichs. costs about $44 on amazon
Celestron 44302 Deluxe Handheld Digital USB Microscope

Midnite Tokr

Midnite Tokr

this is the perfect tool to check those trichs. costs about $44 on amazon
Celestron 44302 Deluxe Handheld Digital USB Microscope
I have a 50x-100x jewelers glass for that already. Not digital, but works just fine, only $20 lol

fatawa

fatawa

I hav a couple strains that like there "n" even in flower.theres a big differnce in yellowing out undergrowth and yellowing out at canopy.if canopy yellows u def need nitro.i would never swith back to veg nutes just add few ml's per gal with flower nutes.keep bumping up till yellowing stops in thats yur number.nxt run add it b4 it yellows.

Midnite Tokr

Midnite Tokr

I hav a couple strains that like there "n" even in flower.theres a big differnce in yellowing out undergrowth and yellowing out at canopy.if canopy yellows u def need nitro.i would never swith back to veg nutes just add few ml's per gal with flower nutes.keep bumping up till yellowing stops in thats yur number.nxt run add it b4 it yellows.
Yea canopy isn't yellowing at all, just random leaves

Tank707

Tank707

All strains need they're own certain nutes to maintain themselves. My indicas always need more N than my sativas

Latest posts

Top Bottom