Yellowing leaves and pot problems

• Thread starter Naps1312
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Naps1312

Hello people,
I am a new grower and I am currently growing my first small pot plant (1.3L) (I know a bigger pot would be better but I didn’t really care about a big yield so I didn’t thought it would be a problem) on a soil medium of 55%-65% humidity an 5,5-6,5 ph.The strain is Runtz Auto from Barney’s Farm genetics and It’s now entering the 3rd week of growth on a 24/24 light schedule. The first week I only gave it Ph’ed water, the second week I fed it once with a nutrients solution of Advanced Nutrients Ph perfect, 1.5ml/L Micro (2-0-0),1.5ml/L Grow(1-0-4) and 1,5ml/L Bloom (1-3-4). For the rest of the week I again gave it plain Ph’ed water (This time the ph may have been a bit over 6,5 but surely under 7). The plant was looking great an it grew with an amazing pace, but three days ago or so I noticed that the two first leaves (not the real leaves but the ones at the bottom) started yellowing and the rest of the plants leaves had a really small downward angle. The next day the yellowing started moving on to the first true leaves on the bottom of the plant ( even yellowing, turning the color of the leaves to a lime color ). At first I thought it was due to over watering since the pot was plastic and didn’t have that good of a draining system and the soil may be a bit more compact than it needs to be,so I opens some small holes on the bottom and on the sides of the pot and I left the soil to mostly dry out. Then I realized that it might be a Nitrogen dificiency, so I fed the plant with the AN solution (4ml/L of each component as the schedule suggest) . This was yesterday and I can’t really tell if the plant is getting better or worse. I posted this in an other forum and most answers said that the plastic pot would be a problem and suffocate the roots,that the holes would do nothing and that my only option is to transplant the plant into a fabric pot. The problem is that being inexperienced I don’t want to stress my plant.I provided some photos of how it’s holding up today. Can anyone tell me their opinion on what the problem might be and suggest what’s the best root to take to cure it? Do you think that I can get away with the plastic pot as it is or maybe with more side holes?
It would be a great help,
Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Yellowing leaves and pot problems
Yellowing leaves and pot problems 2
Yellowing leaves and pot problems 3
Yellowing leaves and pot problems 4
SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Hello people,
I am a new grower and I am currently growing my first small pot plant (1.3L) (I know a bigger pot would be better but I didn’t really care about a big yield so I didn’t thought it would be a problem) on a soil medium of 55%-65% humidity an 5,5-6,5 ph.The strain is Runtz Auto from Barney’s Farm genetics and It’s now entering the 3rd week of growth on a 24/24 light schedule. The first week I only gave it Ph’ed water, the second week I fed it once with a nutrients solution of Advanced Nutrients Ph perfect, 1.5ml/L Micro (2-0-0),1.5ml/L Grow(1-0-4) and 1,5ml/L Bloom (1-3-4). For the rest of the week I again gave it plain Ph’ed water (This time the ph may have been a bit over 6,5 but surely under 7). The plant was looking great an it grew with an amazing pace, but three days ago or so I noticed that the two first leaves (not the real leaves but the ones at the bottom) started yellowing and the rest of the plants leaves had a really small downward angle. The next day the yellowing started moving on to the first true leaves on the bottom of the plant ( even yellowing, turning the color of the leaves to a lime color ). At first I thought it was due to over watering since the pot was plastic and didn’t have that good of a draining system and the soil may be a bit more compact than it needs to be,so I opens some small holes on the bottom and on the sides of the pot and I left the soil to mostly dry out. Then I realized that it might be a Nitrogen dificiency, so I fed the plant with the AN solution (4ml/L of each component as the schedule suggest) . This was yesterday and I can’t really tell if the plant is getting better or worse. I posted this in an other forum and most answers said that the plastic pot would be a problem and suffocate the roots,that the holes would do nothing and that my only option is to transplant the plant into a fabric pot. The problem is that being inexperienced I don’t want to stress my plant.I provided some photos of how it’s holding up today. Can anyone tell me their opinion on what the problem might be and suggest what’s the best root to take to cure it? Do you think that I can get away with the plastic pot as it is or maybe with more side holes?
It would be a great help,
Thanks for taking the time to read my post!
The size of the pot will most likely cause you issues latter on. Looks to be a little hungry but since you fed again I would wait and see. Soil takes a while to see a difference. The cotyledon leaves will normally turn yellow and die off. What kind of soil are you using?

T

therealface

Migh be over watering, keep an eye on that and leave the soil dry so can breathe. Don’t be afraid to do that sometimes. Good luck

Top Bottom