Yellowing Leaves In First 2 Weeks Of Flowering

• Thread starter Wilhelm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Wilhelm

Hello fellow Growers

I am looking for some advice on my plants. I am in the first 2 weeks of the flowering stage and my plants leaves are yellowing. I have 4 different strains currently growing (in separate pots) and it is showing on 3 of them. I had no issues during the vegetation stage and my ph level is right.

I would like some advice whether I am over watering the plants or if it is perhaps a nutrients deficiency. I have added Epsom Salts (magnesium) but this didn't help a lot. I have included some images for reference. I haven't noticed any nutrient burns on the leaves either.

Should I perhaps let them dry out and do a flush and start over or can anyone give me some advice moving forward

Our climate is typically Mediterranean, with warm, dry summers and mild, moist winters. It has been very hot lately so I have been watering them quite frequently so that could possibly be the issue but some advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

FWUI8156
MYMW2793
PICK7798
QGEN0813
RDBT0960
WHKE1733
YFZQ6351

newh

newh

they look hungry,this is when they eat the most.nice thatch roof lol you dont see that everyday,well not around these parts lol

Erick31876

Erick31876

Also the soil looks very dry. I agree with the other people who posted that they look hungry, hence the deficiency. Try upping your nutrients a little or feeding more frequently

W

Wilhelm

Hi guys
thanks for all the feedback. the soil is slightly dry as I have been watering a little less as I feared I might be over watering.

so I have a mixture that I mix with water and I give it to the plants in the morning. The mixture I had made up for flowering stage.
Do I need more Nitrogen perhaps?

1551211536256 847605887

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Hello fellow Growers

I am looking for some advice on my plants. I am in the first 2 weeks of the flowering stage and my plants leaves are yellowing. I have 4 different strains currently growing (in separate pots) and it is showing on 3 of them. I had no issues during the vegetation stage and my ph level is right.

Our climate is typically Mediterranean, with warm, dry summers and mild, moist winters. It has been very hot lately so I have been watering them quite frequently so that could possibly be the issue but some advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
It's dinner time!! Your plants look pretty good but are displaying the classic signs of a nitrogen deficiency. If you notice, the leaves that are turning yellow are the larger fan leaves, with the ones towards the bottom being more yellow than the ones on the top. Fan leaves act as a "repository" for some different nutrients as well as storing food. When you are low on Nitrogen, the plant will try to compensate by pulling whatever it needs from these larger fan leaves. If you pull enough, the leaf dies.
When you start flowering, the plants usually stretch a few inches and begins to go into flowering mode. All of this changeover takes a lot of energy and nutrients. If there isn't enough in the soil to replace what the leaves have given up, the fan leaves start to yellow as they get depleted. I think that a god meal with enough Nitrogen will fix the problem. FWIW, many growers cut back on the amount of Nitrogen that they use during flowering. This is kind of tricky as you want to feed enough, but not too much Nitrogen during flowering. The overall plant looks a little pale...just about any fertilizer will bring about a good change, just don't overdo it. Make sure that you have enough, but not an excess, of water.
Things are looking pretty good overall. I think a dose of a general flowering fertilizer will correct any problems you are seeing. Keep up the good work!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'll also add, with watering dont be afraid to soak it when you do water. Ideally soak it to the point of getting some runoff. BUT let it dry out well before you water it again. You dont want to be giving little sips of water frequently, you should soak and let dry.

And yeah your fert is a little low on N.

W

Wilhelm

Hello Everyone
Thank you for all the Feedback this has really helped me a lot and I do appreciate the advice we dont have a lot of growers around here which I can consult

Another Question I have: How long more or less will it take for the plant to recover? and also will the leaves get their colour back?

below is what I normally give during veg stage should I perhaps include a dosage of this again?

IMG 20190228 WA0000

Thanks again!

Madmax

Madmax

Within a week it should b looking a little greener..foliar would work best without disturbing the soil as plant looks good just a little light....i done mine 3 days ago to help green up a little...i drenched mine though..too stoned to think of foliar spraying :banghead:..

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I'll also add, with watering dont be afraid to soak it when you do water. Ideally soak it to the point of getting some runoff. BUT let it dry out well before you water it again. You dont want to be giving little sips of water frequently, you should soak and let dry.
I drench the shit out of mine, daily. I usually give them between 1 and 1.5 gallons of water/bucket/daily. I'm using Promix, which I think is impossible to overwater due to it's drainage properties. I have seen some buckets that didn't get the soaking have a dry interior if packed too tightly or not watered enough. The surrounding dirt was wet and sustained the plants, but the center of the bucket's dirt was much dryer than the outer portions. You don't know anything about it until you empty the buckets after you are finished and find the big void where roots didn't develop and the water didn't saturate it. In a 6 gallon bucket, Promix will easily hold and distribute a gallon or more of water and still not be saturated to the point that it harms the roots. Let the water flow!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I drench the shit out of mine, daily. I usually give them between 1 and 1.5 gallons of water/bucket/daily. I'm using Promix, which I think is impossible to overwater due to it's drainage properties. I have seen some buckets that didn't get the soaking have a dry interior if packed too tightly or not watered enough. The surrounding dirt was wet and sustained the plants, but the center of the bucket's dirt was much dryer than the outer portions. You don't know anything about it until you empty the buckets after you are finished and find the big void where roots didn't develop and the water didn't saturate it. In a 6 gallon bucket, Promix will easily hold and distribute a gallon or more of water and still not be saturated to the point that it harms the roots. Let the water flow!

That's a good point. Promix has a surfactant in it that helps the wetting qualities and drainage so it's very hard to overwater it. That surfactant does break down and get flushed away eventually, usually by the time people get into flower. Which is also the time the roots have filled the pot and really start drying it up. So it's important to give it a really good soaking st that point.

I actually replenish my soil surfactant when I go into flower. I use a nonionic surfactant called revolution that works extremely well.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
That's a good point. Promix has a surfactant in it that helps the wetting qualities and drainage so it's very hard to overwater it. That surfactant does break down and get flushed away eventually, usually by the time people get into flower. Which is also the time the roots have filled the pot and really start drying it up.
I've never added any additional surfactant as the water seems to penetrate pretty well...but, like you saud, during flowering, the roots can really fill the bucket and there isn't as much ability to hold water, I guess. When things are flowering, particularly with Sativas, I need to put a catch basin under the buckets to allow the plant to take up any overflow...which it does within a few hours. It's crazy how much water these things drink up on a daily basis. 1.5 gallons of water is a LOT of water to transpire in one day. Multiply that by a couple plants and you have over 5 gallons of water to fan away. When you think of that much water coming out of a small area, it makes a fan's job very apparent. Anyhow...I water the shit out of everything...as long as there isn't standing water (other than a little overflow in catch basin). I try to let them dry out a little between watering's, but some need water damn near constantly.

Top Bottom