Yellowing leaves no clue what it is.

• Thread starter Pjtime84
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pjtime84

Pjtime84

My 2nd grow ever. I am using soil in a 2x4 tent with two ViparSpectra xs2000s. I feed every other feeding usually 3-4 days between with the pictured nutrient. This started a couple weeks ago when I added the second light they started to taco and discolor so I now having each light at 50%. I keep my PH of water going in around 6.0-6.3. Have not checked my run off.

Yellowing leaves no clue what it is
Yellowing leaves no clue what it is 2
Yellowing leaves no clue what it is 3
Yellowing leaves no clue what it is 4
BigDraco

BigDraco

Water more. Drop your ph to between 5.8 and 6.5 (aim for 6.0).in veg you need higher nitrogen, I’d suggest new nutrients. Honestly jacks 321 is rly good pretty cheap for a huge amount there’s a rly good hydro version too. Or remo, house and gardens, or advanced nutrients. Idk what soil medium your in but try a good flowering dirt, living soil, perlite mix if your feeding less. More nitrogen at the start, higher phosphorus nearing the middle for bigger buds and better flowering and high potassium at the end. 1400ppm and add a flower booster. Flush two weeks and if you have soil add mollassis for bud flavour and microbial food. Better budd

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I am not a soil guy but you couldn't have a more classic case of magnesium def in my opinion. 👍

There may be plenty in the soil/feed so PH may be a factor blocking it.

If it turns out def, maybe because you have a beast LED, an Epsom salt foliar is a good remedy.

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Water more. Drop your ph to between 5.8 and 6.5 (aim for 6.0).in veg you need higher nitrogen, I’d suggest new nutrients. Honestly jacks 321 is rly good pretty cheap for a huge amount there’s a rly good hydro version too. Or remo, house and gardens, or advanced nutrients. Idk what soil medium your in but try a good flowering dirt, living soil, perlite mix if your feeding less. More nitrogen at the start, higher phosphorus nearing the middle for bigger buds and better flowering and high potassium at the end. 1400ppm and add a flower booster. Flush two weeks and if you have soil add mollassis for bud flavour and microbial food. Better budd
+1 for Jack's or Masterblend, you need a complete nutrient and what you're using is not that (Recommend you stay away from AN nutrients)
Screenshot 20201123 114115 Chrome

Btw you are not exactly in soil, its peat based therefore recommend a pH of 6.2 - 6.4

Screenshot 20201123 114759 Chrome

also recommend you do a slurry test and see what the pH of your medium is before you change too many things

Last edited:
Pjtime84

Pjtime84

I am not a soil guy but you couldn't have a more classic case of magnesium def in my opinion. 👍

There may be plenty in the soil/feed so PH may be a factor blocking it.

Roots organic soil.

amekins

amekins

Growing in soil, I aim for a ph between 6.2 and 6.8.

amekins

amekins

My 2nd grow ever. I am using soil in a 2x4 tent with two ViparSpectra xs2000s. I feed every other feeding usually 3-4 days between with the pictured nutrient. This started a couple weeks ago when I added the second light they started to taco and discolor so I now having each light at 50%. I keep my PH of water going in around 6.0-6.3. Have not checked my run off.
I would have thought this is a nitrogen deficiency.
B0C39997 C0B5 4D52 AF7C 9098B5446BD6

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I would have thought this is a nitrogen deficiency.
Nitrogen is going to yellow the entire leaf not just in between the veins that's how you tell the difference

N will also start from the very bottom of the plant and work its way up where magnesium can start in the middle and spread everywhere from there

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Roots organic soil.
Friend if you'd like to mince words that's up to you, I'm only trying to help

I pointed out that what you're using is not a complete fertilizer and you have at least a serious magnesium issue going on as mentioned above, and it's not going to stop until you get a complete fertilizer

also I told you what you medium was and what the pH should be; if you do a slurry test and would like more input post the results, either way best of luck.

amekins

amekins

Nitrogen is going to yellow the entire leaf not just in between the veins that's how you tell the difference

N will also start from the very bottom of the plant and work its way up where magnesium can start in the middle and spread everywhere from there
Thank you!

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
20201123 120117

On the left magnesium on the right nitrogen @amekins you notice the difference how when is more in between the veins? Also where it is and how shows up on the plant is a big indicator

Ndana

Ndana

+1 for Jack's or Masterblend, you need a complete nutrient and what you're using is not that (Recommend you stay away from AN nutrients)
View attachment 1059348

Btw you are not exactly in soil, its peat based therefore recommend a pH of 6.2 - 6.4

View attachment 1059350

also recommend you do a slurry test and see what the pH of your medium is before you change too many things
What is wrong with AN nutes? I use the sensi perfect ph with RO water and get amazing yields

Top Bottom