Yellowing Leaves on Durban Poison

• Thread starter paulsreef
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
paulsreef

paulsreef

My outdoor Durban Poison has just started to show signs of pre-flower, and I've noticed that every day I'm pulling off yellowing leaves. The 2 plants are in 25 gallon pots, with Promix Organic soil. I've been feeding the plants Gaia Green Worm Castings, All Purpose, and Power Bloom. The plants get watered 5 gallons each,
Yellowing leaves on durban poison
Yellowing leaves on durban poison 2
Yellowing leaves on durban poison 3
Yellowing leaves on durban poison 4
every 2-3 days, when the pots get light. The yellowing leaves are in random locations, bottom and middle. I've attached photos. The weather in Toronto Ontario has been hot and sunny, very little rain, not even worth mentioning. Is there something I can do to prevent more yellowing?

Itman

Itman

My outdoor Durban Poison has just started to show signs of pre-flower, and I've noticed that every day I'm pulling off yellowing leaves. The 2 plants are in 25 gallon pots, with Promix Organic soil. I've been feeding the plants Gaia Green Worm Castings, All Purpose, and Power Bloom. The plants get watered 5 gallons each, View attachment 1273052View attachment 1273053View attachment 1273054View attachment 1273055every 2-3 days, when the pots get light. The yellowing leaves are in random locations, bottom and middle. I've attached photos. The weather in Toronto Ontario has been hot and sunny, very little rain, not even worth mentioning. Is there something I can do to prevent more yellowing?
Drying out.?

P

Psy3784

I don't even give my in ground plants 5 gal and I have never had a yellow leaf. That much water, seems to be way too much, but i could likely be very wrong Lol

Gorgeous plants though :)

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
it should be good as your in a bag/pot that the plants are stretching/putting on lots of growth so they are using a lot of nitrogen for the growth spurt..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
it should be good as your in a bag/pot that the plants are stretching/putting on lots of growth so they are using a lot of nitrogen for the growth spurt..
and how’s toronto, i escaped out of there 8 yrs ago after living there for 28 yrs..

paulsreef

paulsreef

I don't even give my in ground plants 5 gal and I have never had a yellow leaf. That much water, seems to be way too much, but i could likely be very wrong Lol

Gorgeous plants though :)
I have 25 gallons of soil in each pot. When I water 5 gallons each, I don't even get run-off. In 2 days in this sun and heat, the pots are light and the leaves are drooping.

paulsreef

paulsreef

and how’s toronto, i escaped out of there 8 yrs ago after living there for 28 yrs..
I've lived here for over 60 years and have been many places, but still love Toronto. My children might be forced to leave some day because the housing market has gone crazy, unless they want to live in a condo the size of a shoebox.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I've lived here for over 60 years and have been many places, but still love Toronto. My children might be forced to leave some day because the housing market has gone crazy, unless they want to live in a condo the size of a shoebox.
oh i hear ya, i loved that city up until the early 2000’s than it all went to hell..
well your plants look great, nothing is wrong or out of the norm for this transition into flower, just makesure at night that there are NO lights on in the area, DARK..
7D33AC61 AD95 4AD8 A562 2B7C1656CE03

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Oh. You haven’t seen the leafs win a cup either! Might consider raising the Pots off of the ground. Probably be doing some defoliating pretty soon anyway. They need some N all the way to the end. But not much from here on out. So if you do add some, go pretty light on it. They look good.

paulsreef

paulsreef

Oh. You haven’t seen the leafs win a cup either! Might consider raising the Pots off of the ground. Probably be doing some defoliating pretty soon anyway. They need some N all the way to the end. But not much from here on out. So if you do add some, go pretty light on it. They look good.
I actually saw the Leafs win the cup when I was 6 years old. All I remember is my parents and grandparents screaming. It would be nice to see it now! With the Gaia Green organic fertilizer, the results take time to appear. On my indoor grows I use a synthetic fertilizer and the results appear much sooner. I have started to taper off on the all purpose and been feeding mostly the Power Bloom and Worm Castings now.

Itman

Itman

I have 25 gallons of soil in each pot. When I water 5 gallons each, I don't even get run-off. In 2 days in this sun and heat, the pots are light and the leaves are drooping.
Drop them in pre watered holes will fix

P

Psy3784

Yeah I didn't really factor in climate differences lol. My bad, but wow ya that's insane. Either way, beautiful plants. Hopefully you can get a fix for the yellowing. GL :)

Top Bottom