Yellowing Leaves with brown spots starting at the bottom

• Thread starter Al_Pal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Al_Pal

Al_Pal

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help identify whats going on with plant.

Facts:
Seeds sprouted 4/19/21
Media = Ocean Forest
Pot= Fabric Pot
Strain = Green Crack
Location = Outside
Amendments = Alaska Fish Fertilizer 1tsp/gal every 3 weeks or so PH 6-6.5
Conditions: It has rained a lot

Description of the Issue:
The leaves started yellowing which I thought was due to the crazy rain we have been getting. I kept an eye on it and now that its drying out its not getting better. The yellowing has started from the bottom. Now the leaves have developed brown spots and crispy tips. The yellowing seems to start at the tip of the affected leaves and moves inward toward the stem. The new grow at the top seem t look great but the yellowing seems to be moving up the plant slowly.

I am thinking this is either:

1. Nitrogen deficiency because the yellowing is moving up the plant from the bottom. This doesn't seemlikely because I have added the fish fertilizer which is 5-1-1 npk unless its lock out see #5

2. Magnesium deficiency because the leaves are yellowing and there are brown spots.

3. Leaf Sporia because the speckling of the brow / black spots

4. over watering because of the rain

5. Neut lock out because the PH is not correct causing either item 1 and or 2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Al_Pal

Yellowing leaves with brown spots starting at the bottom
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I'm thinking you're got two problems: Low N and something else (maybe a pest) causing the brown spots.

It's hard to see without a closeup of the affected leaves, but the brown spots look like they're following leaf veins. Have you scoped them for pests?

AmokNewb

AmokNewb

I had to balance a diet between two plants on the same reservoir and had to drop my N for one of them. This same thing happened to the one still stretching. Eventually she cam out of it but with all that being said I would think it is an N deficiency with some over watering from the rain. This is just a guess in my part. Otherwise she looks pretty awesome!

AmokNewb

AmokNewb

Also if I can give a suggestion? I would elevate her some for better bottom drainage when it does rain.

Al_Pal

Al_Pal

Ill try to keep an eye on the Nitrogen input going forward and hope the rain holds off a little. Ill try to post some more up close photos this evening.

The plant is actually on a small stand under the fabric pot to let it drain easily.

Cmclean

Cmclean

Hello,

Facts:
Seeds sprouted 4/19/21
Media = Ocean Forest
Pot= Fabric Pot
Strain = Green Crack
Location = Outside

The leaves started yellowing which I thought was due to the crazy rain we have been getting. I kept an eye on it and now that its drying out its not getting better. The yellowing has started from the bottom. Now the leaves have developed brown spots and crispy tips. The yellowing seems to start at the tip of the affected leaves and moves inward toward the stem. The new grow at the top seem t look great but the yellowing seems to be moving up the plant slowly.

1. Nitrogen deficiency because the yellowing is moving up the plant from the bottom. This doesn't seemlikely because I have added the fish fertilizer which is 5-1-1 npk unless its lock out see #5

2. Magnesium deficiency because the leaves are yellowing and there are brown spots.

Al_Pal
I had the same thing going on and come to find out after trying everything else recommended that it was an infestation in the soil of fungus gnat larvae, hope this helps

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

I had the same thing going on and come to find out after trying everything else recommended that it was an infestation in the soil of fungus gnat larvae, hope this helps
Cmclean, What was your fix for the infestation in the soil ?

Cmclean

Cmclean

Cmclean, What was your fix for the infestation in the soil ?
I lightly raked across the top layer of soil in small areas at a time and look very closely and I could see the larvae moving. Had to look very close but def seen them. Once I moved the dirt around I seen a couple gnats fly out and I knew right then what it was!!

Djrvalley

Djrvalley

Hi, I have only 2 years of growing under my belt but I was thinking that the reflective light and heat from the deck could be just a bit too much for the lower leaves. I know how hot those decks can't get in direct sunlight. Maybe raise it up on top of a stand ? Hope all went well with this grow! Wishing much luck from upstate N.Y!

Pawpawpawpaw

Pawpawpawpaw

Hello,

Facts:
Seeds sprouted 4/19/21
Media = Ocean Forest
Pot= Fabric Pot
Strain = Green Crack
Location = Outside

Al_Pal
Flush flush flush and start with feeding balanced nutrients. Check ph AFTER adding them to water.

Top Bottom