Yellowing leaves

• Thread starter Vinnyscribbles
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vinnyscribbles

Vinnyscribbles

Small yellow spots forming on leaves. I believe its from a calcium deficiency from reading other forums and online. Just looking for confermation. My light is about 10 inches away. I run a 24 HR cycle right now. Watering with tap water. Not feeding with any nutrience yet. Recently had to transplant to smaller pot because it was sagging from being over watered and not having enough oxygen, was in a 3 gallon pot. It has perked up and shown lots of new growth since transplant just worried about the tan spotting.
Yellowing leaves

Mr.Budly

Mr.Budly

Small yellow spots forming on leaves. I believe its from a calcium deficiency from reading other forums and online. Just looking for confermation. My light is about 10 inches away. I run a 24 HR cycle right now. Watering with tap water. Not feeding with any nutrience yet. Recently had to transplant to smaller pot because it was sagging from being over watered and not having enough oxygen, was in a 3 gallon pot. It has perked up and shown lots of new growth since transplant just worried about the tan spotting.View attachment 942710

I don't think I would worry yet, downsizing was probably a good idea though. What's your medium? What kind of light? What p.h. you watering? What ppm is your tap water? What's your water schedule? How much water? How big is your pot you transplanted to? I got 3 plants with an ugly first node growth but look good now even though one turned up male so far.. I think you will be alright, the folks here are good to help

Vinnyscribbles

Vinnyscribbles

I don't think I would worry yet, downsizing was probably a good idea though. What's your medium? What kind of light? What p.h. you watering? What ppm is your tap water? What's your water schedule? How much water? How big is your pot you transplanted to? I got 3 plants with an ugly first node growth but look good now even though one turned up male so far.. I think you will be alright, the folks here are good to help
My medium currently is jiffy organic seed starting mix, when I transferd tho I was going to transfer into fox farm ocean first soil, I'm not certain of the kind of light, I got it at ace hardware it resembles a regular light bulb but for plants. I'm also not certain of the water PH or PPM. The new pot is probably about 6 inches. This is my first serious grow and everything up to this point has been reactive instead of proactive so I havent really been recording that information and have been kind of making it work as I go, up to this point no real consistint amount of water or schedule.

Any advice?

THCMonster

THCMonster

PH plays a big role on calcium deficiency, but like Mr. Budley said I wouldnt worry too much unless it continues. If it does continue then i would suggest grabbing some calmag, or dolomite lime.

Mr.Budly

Mr.Budly

My medium currently is jiffy organic seed starting mix, when I transferd tho I was going to transfer into fox farm ocean first soil, I'm not certain of the kind of light, I got it at ace hardware it resembles a regular light bulb but for plants. I'm also not certain of the water PH or PPM. The new pot is probably about 6 inches. This is my first serious grow and everything up to this point has been reactive instead of proactive so I havent really been recording that information and have been kind of making it work as I go, up to this point no real consistint amount of water or schedule.

Any advice?

I'm learning that each plant is its own beast in nature... Same strain doesn't necessarily mean same requirements for attentiveness. The smaller pot should discourage over watering. Ocean forest is good, I had good turnouts except every bean I've popped says the mix is a little hot right off the bat and show nutrient burn on a water feed but pull through. I would recommend a good pH meter minimal, got to know what you are feeding em. Some sware by e.c. but I don't grow like that, I watch pH and try to understand what the plant is telling me. Should test your tap once you aquire a pH meter so see what your base is. Also, runoff pH is important, just found I had acidic soil this go around causing a lockout.. may or may not ruin this grow... pH is key in and out! Do you know the wattage of your light? What's your grow space?

dire wolf

dire wolf

Excellent intuition on moving down in size , i been seeing so many people just going up for no reason and running into problems
Also , next time if you can , cut your jiffy with promix and perlite,
Less chance of burn and better airation
Just my thoughts....

Top Bottom