Yellowing / Lighter yellows - what gives?

• Thread starter elduderito
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
elduderito

elduderito

Two separate plants in similar conditions - under LED temperatures are running a bit hot (sometimes up to 85) -in biobizz allmix with biobizz nutes (around half recommended) - they got one top dressing of plagron bat guano in first week of flower and another at around day 26...

First one is Karma Haze at day 30

A few of lowest leaves completely dried up and fell off and now more of the bottom is turning light green - some of the leaf tips are clawing slightly but no burnt tips... I had been putting little to zero biobizz grow for fear of nitrogen sensitivity - but I feel like she's throwing me mixed signals?

Yellowing  lighter yellows   what gives
Yellowing  lighter yellows   what gives 2
Yellowing  lighter yellows   what gives 3
Yellowing  lighter yellows   what gives 4

elduderito

elduderito

Second plant - at day 40 - different leaf issues - some yellowing and some of these 'curled' leaves that feel frail and weak when touched...
20210509 204623
20210509 204629
20210509 204636

elduderito

elduderito

Thx for feedback... so its not being fed enuff therefore ite feeding on itself? Ill feed with BioGrow next watering and see what happens

elduderito

elduderito

What about the first post with the Karma Haze that has clawing leaf tips and lower leaves going light green? I figure the light green means N deficient but what would be causing the clawing?

Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

Two separate plants in similar conditions - under LED temperatures are running a bit hot (sometimes up to 85) -in biobizz allmix with biobizz nutes (around half recommended) - they got one top dressing of plagron bat guano in first week of flower and another at around day 26...

A few of lowest leaves completely dried up and fell off and now more of the bottom is turning light green - some of the leaf tips are clawing slightly but no burnt tips... I had been putting little to zero biobizz grow for fear of nitrogen sensitivity - but I feel like she's throwing me mixed signals?

View attachment 1122465View attachment 1122466View attachment 1122467View attachment 1122468
Good news is that it's a mobile nutrient issue which narrows your search a bit. One thing I found when I switched from HID lighting to LED's is that I had up my feet in the first couple weeks of flower by about 15% (ec) because I was having a similar issue. The general rule of thumb is that you want to trim off your nitrogen in flower but they need it while they are transitioning to flower.

elduderito

elduderito

So I increased the dose of biobizz grow 1.5ml/l but i don't think it's helped much... the lower leaves continue to yellow and die off pretty fast... the clawing continues on most of the leaves at around mid-height.. but the tops seem relatively healthy and no real sign of burnt tips... am i still being too light on the N?

20210519 210016
20210519 210039

elduderito

elduderito

still looking for more feedback on these issues i've had with this strain (haze strain posted first)... what do you think is causing the clawing tips and yellowing lowers?

I'm planning on running it again soon ... I'm wondering if another line of nutrients or different method may be better suited.. but I'm really not sure as I haven't pinned down what went wrong the first time..

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

still looking for more feedback on these issues i've had with this strain (haze strain posted first)... what do you think is causing the clawing tips and yellowing lowers?

I'm planning on running it again soon ... I'm wondering if another line of nutrients or different method may be better suited.. but I'm really not sure as I haven't pinned down what went wrong the first time..
Since you tried what was previously suggested ... it was sound advice ... and it didn't work, I'm wondering if your soil has a pH issue. Check run-off pH at next watering and report it in this thread.

growsince79

growsince79

They look overwatered. How big are the pots,? How much and how often do you water?

elduderito

elduderito

this was a previous run that is finished - they were in 5 gallon pots - and were watered about once every 4-5 days with approx. 0.5 - 0.6 gallons...

This was first time in 5 gallon pots and I think I may have been off with watering practices - especially immediately after repotting... there may have been a lack of aeration (perlite) as well

For this next run I have 3 or 4 clones - one is a at 5 weeks veg and I'm about to transplant from 1g pot into either 3gallon or 5gallon fabric pot - I'm leaning towards 3 gallon as it seems it's easier for me to get the water cycle down...

DrStadanko

DrStadanko

View attachment 1122465View attachment 1122466View attachment 1122467View attachment 1122468
if you have to run so hot introduce Co2 check your nitrogen levels maybe add cal-mag

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

this was a previous run that is finished - they were in 5 gallon pots - and were watered about once every 4-5 days with approx. 0.5 - 0.6 gallons...

This was first time in 5 gallon pots and I think I may have been off with watering practices - especially immediately after repotting... there may have been a lack of aeration (perlite) as well

For this next run I have 3 or 4 clones - one is a at 5 weeks veg and I'm about to transplant from 1g pot into either 3gallon or 5gallon fabric pot - I'm leaning towards 3 gallon as it seems it's easier for me to get the water cycle down...
The 3 gallon fabric pot you're leaning towards is certainly not a bad choice. However, Those pots will likely need about 1 gallon of water per watering (per pot) and need watering approximately 2x's a week. The .5-.6 gallons you were using in the previous grow was not sufficient enough to penetrate the complete 5 gal pot and would have had wet/dry spots. I agree that "not nailing" the water cycle was the source of issues in the grow.

Last edited:
elduderito

elduderito

Since you tried what was previously suggested ... it was sound advice ... and it didn't work, I'm wondering if your soil has a pH issue. Check run-off pH at next watering and report it in this thread.
Thanks - I will check run off
The 3 gallon fabric pot you're leaning towards is certainly not a bad choice. However, Those pots will likely need about 1 gallon of water per watering (per pot) and need watering approximately 2x's a week. The .5-.6 gallons you were using in the previous grow was not sufficient enough to penetrate the complete 5 gal pot and would have had wet/dry spots. I agree that "not nailing" the water cycle was the source of issues in the grow.
Thanks! I currently run thee 3 gallon pots and I find that if I water more than 0.5 gallon I start to get run-off... I've read that with biobizz (and organics in general) there is no need to water until run-off....

DrStadanko

DrStadanko

Grampa is right most def. 5 gallon pots you really will see a big diff. in size and quality

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Thanks - I will check run off

Thanks! I currently run thee 3 gallon pots and I find that if I water more than 0.5 gallon I start to get run-off... I've read that with biobizz (and organics in general) there is no need to water until run-off....
There is a need to thoroughly water the soil so there are no dry spots. I find that easier to do by pushing water through it until there is plenty of run-off. Enough so that I can pH it and monitor what is going on in the roots of my grow.

I don't use biobizz. I use Fox Farm Cultivation Nation dry salts 2 part series (veg and flower). Your nutrient choice will not have nearly the impact on a grow as poor watering practices do. The most common errors is either over-watering (not allowing enough time between watering) or underwatering (dry spots through out the soil). Both can wreck a grow.

growsince79

growsince79

^^^^^^^^100% correct^^^^^^^^

elduderito

elduderito

thanks guys! I think this is correct --- I just transplanted one plant from a 1 gallon to a 5 gallon and I realized just how much water it took to saturate the medium fully - and just how heavy the pot was before and after saturating...

I would defolaite that plant. To keep those yellowing leaves from becoming an issue later. Defoliate from the yellow down.
thanks - I removed the yellowing leaves after taking that photo - that plant is already harvested and almost all smoked now... I'm gonna run 2-3 cuts again to try and improve my results!

elduderito

elduderito

So upon transplanting a clone from 1/4 gallon to 1 gallon into my soil mix - I fed with a half dose of BioBizz root juice and added citric acid to get to PH 6.8 - the run off came out at 5.8.

What's ideal run off ? I've done a bit of reading and found different theories...

Top Bottom