yellowing new growth* Current Culture grow

• Thread starter All4freedumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Ok, so this is my first run with my Under Current, Current Culture system. The plants ran in the system for two weeks in veg. and were just switched two days ago into flower. After the switch I have started seeing the yellowing start. The yellowing is only on new growth. ppm sitting at 1000 and ph sits at 5.8. All water goes through a filtering system and I did flush all plants in ph balanced water before the switch. My first week in veg ppm sat at 800 and second was changed and ran at 900. Ph was 5.8-6.0. The plants were in veg before going in this system, just in a ebb flow system. Room temps sit between 78 and 81. Water temp is 68. Vertical 1000 watt lighting. Advanced nutrient is being used. If I missed anything you might need to help just ask. Your help is appreciated. Oh yeah and these pictures are during night cycle. Thanks again....

Photo 1
Yellowing new growth current culture grow 2
Photo 2
Photo 4
UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Broken record here.

PPM's seem about 25% too high and your lights seem a bit high(unless you'd raised for pic?)

Not to beat up on AN but it's got a bad track record in the UC to date. IMO Not to blame it on the nutes but it might be worth looking into a UC proven nute line.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I appreciate it, I was only using the Advanced because it is what I had left from my old style. After doing some reading I also think eating my remaining nutes and buying new ones seem to be worth the buck. I will reduce my ppm now thank you...

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

how close should my lights be? the bottom of my lights are about even with the top of the plants. thanks

St3ve

St3ve

yea your lights seem to be positioned for horizontal with reflectors. With vert you normally want them hanging down lower in the plants more. However it seems your footprint might be a tad tight for that.

U

UCtestn

Yup, lights seem about 2 ft too high.

People have lost there plants two weeks into flowering for no known reason. A lot of people are having really good success with just using base nutes from Canna Aqua at 400-600 PPM. It should not be that expensive to switch now to save your garden.

F

FatFreddysKat

I just recently learned you must keep any eye on your nutes, and dont follow manuf. label directions, seems these UC's thrive on 1/2 strength, a lesser is better approach.My babies recovered and our doing much better!!!

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Thank you all for your advice. We got them flushing now and I will be going to hydro store today for some new nutes. SUCKS I have so much AN bloom from our old system. Oh well, out with the old and in with the new.... I lowered lights so they are sitting down in the mini trees. roots are incredible for just two weeks in this system. In the two weeks of veg in this system the plants have grown between 12 and 18 in. I'm really looking forward to this run. With no doubt I will run into things that I will learn, change or fix for the next run. I feel like a kid all over again.... Thanks again for your help. I am sure I will have more to ask along the way....

Top Bottom