Yellowing spreading from inside outward and on tips

• Thread starter Huntress85
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If your using water with Chloramines that done evaporate almost at all you can garuntee that those microbes are gone. Lol
I have water that uses free chlorine and my city said that you can’t really evaporate it out.

There is usually only a few ppms of chlorine in tap water. It is harmless and plants actually use some as nutrient. You can get a water report to see local results.

MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

Does bubbling work for chloramine? I’ve read much about that. My conclusion is a couple drops of humic acids breaks the chemical bond between chlorine and ammonia. You’ll still have the ammonia but the freed up chlorine will gas off quickly.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
There is usually only a few ppms of chlorine in tap water. It is harmless and plants actually use some as nutrient. You can get a water report to see local results.

The big growers around here make sure to keep it below 3ppm iirc. Over that can affect the burn characteristics negatively.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Does bubbling work for chloramine? I’ve read much about that. My conclusion is a couple drops of humic acids breaks the chemical bond between chlorine and ammonia. You’ll still have the ammonia but the freed up chlorine will gas off quickly.

no chloramine won’t evaporate out. And just FYI it only takes a short time to off has regular chlorine. Hours not days. And no bubbling needed. Just pouring it will dissipate it. I just stirred the bucket of water A few times when I had treated water. I have a well now.

never heard humid acid would help. Don’t know why it would. There are drops at the pet store for Fish tanks that work.

Every grower should have a water test or info. First thing that should be done when growing.

MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

no chloramine won’t evaporate out. And just FYI it only takes a short time to off has regular chlorine. Hours not days. And no bubbling needed. Just pouring it will dissipate it. I just stirred the bucket of water A few times when I had treated water. I have a well now.

never heard humid acid would help. Don’t know why it would. There are drops at the pet store for Fish tanks that work.

Every grower should have a water test or info. First thing that should be done when growing.
Type in chloramine and humic acids. Humic acids are very beneficial for plants

Last edited by a moderator:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I read and tried that also but didn’t have any luck. I suspect I didn’t have a correct ratio. How much to use? I tried 1/4 tsp per gal.

well I read 1 tsp for 100 gallons but it’s the first I’m seeing this so I don’t know.

if you only have 3 ppm or less it’s actually good for the plants and doesn’t harm micros.

Latest posts

Top Bottom