Yellowing tips on top of plant with brown spots on lower leaves

• Thread starter BloominOnion
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BloominOnion

I am growing a tangerine dream auto in fox farm ocean forest mixed 50/50 with fox farm coco loco. I’ve only given her protekt and water ph’d down to about 6.3. I started to notice these yellowing leaf tips the past week or so at the top of the plant and these brown spots on the bottom of the plant. I was initially thinking nutrient burn from the hot fox farm soil but the yellowing started only recently. The brown spots look like a phosphorus deficiency. I do have a seedling heat mat running under the pots which I’m wondering if it is keeping the roots too warm and causing the yellowing at the tips. Any thoughts on what it could be causing the yellowing?

Yellowing tips on top of plant with brown spots on lower leaves
Yellowing tips on top of plant with brown spots on lower leaves 2
B

BloominOnion

Here is a pic of the whole plant. Also I’m growing under LEDs as well using a Mars hydro ts 600 which is about 26 inches away from the plant.

664D0649 84AD 4899 B290 5EFC9ED1DE28
B

BloominOnion

I’ve been watering about 1.5x a week soaking the dirt and they get about 1/3 to 1/2 gallon each watering. I wait for the dirt to dry out on top before watering again. I’ve been adding 1ml of protekt each watering then dropping the ph to about 6.3 with ph down.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Basic Watering

Watering SOIL

B

BloominOnion

Thanks comfortablynumb for the info and comments. They were due for a watering and I’ve fed it some grow nutrients from Dyna grow at 1/4 strength today. And may up the nutrients next time I water depending on how the plants react. Hopefully it helps!

Oldman13

Oldman13

Num's the word!... I'm just curious what are you using that kind of a pot? Do you like it because it looks cool? Do you happen to feel you're getting more a i r to your roots? I've been curious about those particular kind of planting pots but trying to transplant from that must be hell ! I mean talk about traumatizing your young ladies you must have to rip half the roots off them transplant it doesn't slide right out I'm sure!? So I was just curious on what your opinion for using those particular airpods? I guarantee you that fabric bag would be much better unless you're never going to transplant!?

Oldman13

Oldman13

Keep listening to comfy and you'll probably become numb LOL I heard he didn't come in to try to tell you how to cultivate I'm just wondering why you are using that Goofy airpod roof gripping planter yes he will air prune but does not look healthy for transplanting!

Oldman13

Oldman13

Keep listening to comfy and you'll probably become numb LOL I heard he didn't come in to try to tell you how to cultivate I'm just wondering why you are using that Goofy airpod roof gripping planter yes he will air prune but does not look healthy for transplanting! Typo correction after I said LOL it was supposed to say (I didn't come here )not (I heard he didn't come here) seriously all it takes is one word how to change the meaning of an entire novel!

B

BloominOnion

Hey old man, I got those pots because I don’t really like the fabric pots. I’ve grown vegetables in the fabric pots and was just not a fan due to their non rigid sides and a few other things. So I went with this style instead for the air pruning effect without using a fabric pot. Also these are the final pots I transplant into but the pot does open up, there is a seam on the sidewall and blue screws hold that seam together around a baseplate underneath, so cleaning out this type of pot won’t be an issue. I actually think they look stupid and did not buy them for looks.

Oldman13

Oldman13

LOL actually I don't think it looks stupid but I didn't know they open up which does change things up a bit thanks for letting me know that... I hope you didn't think I was being a jerk? Because I have seen those Planters before and wondered how they work exactly?. I don't know why you had a problem with us maybe it was the type you bought . Actually I used to make my own.. and when I was doing so I didn't realize that you can't get root bound when using cloth pots. Also I'm pretty sure you cannot get rootbound using that particular type as well how much do they cost by the way? I started using these felt fabric type because I guess the wife got tired of watching me sewing the the bag by hand! And the very first ones I ever made, I made them out of canvas duck which was a big mistake, in about a month-and-a-half play rotted away from all the nutrients to plants needed to live LOL being I was a room for my whole life the next bags I made where are made out of fabric that would have been coated with elastomeric roof coating if you were Ruby was it but I needed is it to drain that was about eight years ago and I would have have them today if the wife didn't decide to buy these which I find far superior to any plastic or clay pot I ever used

Oldman13

Oldman13

Typo correction where I said I don't know why you had a problem with us was supposed to say I don't know why you had any problem with the cloth bags ?!
Second typo correction further down where it says . I was a room for my whole life, was supposed to say I was a roofer my whole life till I got permanently disabled... Hopefully I got them all feel sorry for the typos

B

BloominOnion

Oh I didn’t take any offense to your comments no worries :) I didn’t really have any problem with the fabric pots, I just wasn’t a huge fan of thwm since they were not rigid, could tip over easily and were more difficult to move around. The plastic pots also seemed a bit more durable. What type of pot are you using now your current pots look nice!

Oldman13

Oldman13

Actually not long ago I had an emergency I need a very large pot I had you quickly make a cloth bag to accommodate a emergency transplant I believe that's when I happened to meet Comfortably Numb? So as Festus I was singing I was sewing
0820211916 Film4

Oldman13

Oldman13

Oh I didn’t take any offense to your comments no worries :) I didn’t really have any problem with the fabric pots, I just wasn’t a huge fan of thwm since they were not rigid, could tip over easily and were more difficult to move around. The plastic pots also seemed a bit more durable. What type of pot are you using now your current pots look nice!
Yes these ones are rigid, but the ones I made we're not rigid actually I put a piece of aluminum reflective heat transfer foam rubber around the top Edge which made them stand up after I filled with dirt I know what you mean soft bags because you can't keep top to stand up the hold water when you water them but I solved that problem

Oldman13

Oldman13

Are you from Down Under the only place I ever seen or had a Bloomin Onion why is it when I ate at Outback Steakhouse or talk to somebody from Australia would like to use the words blooming onion. An awful lot LOL

Top Bottom