Yellowing Too Much?

• Thread starter SoLowDolo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Hey guys, I got another newb question... I'm almost 5 weeks into flower and got quite a bit of yellowing on the bottom and it seems to be spreading faster.

Today I gave it a couple tbsp of big bloom with it's watering.

Last watering I gave it 3/4 strength tiger bloom.

Is this something I should worry about? It's always had a few yellow leaves that occasionally die off, but this is starting to worry me a little. Thoughts?

Yellowing too much
Yellowing too much 2

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Low on nitrogen. Perfectly normal. You could give her a little nitrogen but I wouldn’t worry about it.
Glad it's not much to worry about. I added cal-mag to my water too. So it got a little bit of nitrogen. I am just worried how fast it will progress. Don't want all my leaves dying lol

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
It’s normal and not a bad thing. If you want them to remain greener just keep up with your grow fert a little longer into flowering next time. But you’re doing fine. Kudos.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

It’s normal and not a bad thing. If you want them to remain greener just keep up with your grow fert a little longer into flowering next time. But you’re doing fine. Kudos.
Thanks for taking your time to help, and to reassure me. Much appreciated. Yea, that's good advice cuz i cut out the grow fert as soon as I seen buds forming. Perhaps I should have decreased it more gradually over time...

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah you can cut back but I don’t usually cut it out until about week 3 or 4 into flowering. Then the yellowing starts at about week 6 through chop.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Don't add ANYTHING! This is normal as budding progresses. The last thing you want to do is slow down budding with a bunch of nitrogen. The leaves will yellow, and die, and thats perfectly OK. Just pluck them as they die. The plant is consuming the nutes and energy in those leaves into making buds. It uses the leaves up, and then kills them. Again, that is normal, healthy plant behavior.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
What soil are you in?
See ,some inert soil I’ve seen this yellowing happen too fast, 4 weeks in and if you running say a sativa leaning strain the plant would eat itself before the buds ready
It’s why I supplement with fish emulsion throughout if you are in say like a promix high porosity type media.
Even in super soil I add fish throughout.
I’d say water with cal mag everytime to keep her alive long enough to finish. The micro n it gets in the cal mag should sustain but get a organic cal mag as they have macro nutrient in em and add 2 tsp/5gal Mollases in watering as well for the boron that’s freely avaible that slows the n deficiency down.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

What soil are you in?
See ,some inert soil I’ve seen this yellowing happen too fast, 4 weeks in and if you running say a sativa leaning strain the plant would eat itself before the buds ready
It’s why I supplement with fish emulsion throughout if you are in say like a promix high porosity type media.
Even in super soil I add fish throughout.
I’d say water with cal mag everytime to keep her alive long enough to finish. The micro n it gets in the cal mag should sustain but get a organic cal mag as they have macro nutrient in em and add 2 tsp/5gal Mollases in watering as well for the boron that’s freely avaible that slows the n deficiency down.
I'm in FFOF. I use distilled water and add cal-mag every time I water. I was a little worried, because I could have 5+ weeks left...

Monster762

Monster762

Hey guys, I got another newb question... I'm almost 5 weeks into flower and got quite a bit of yellowing on the bottom and it seems to be spreading faster.

Is this something I should worry about? It's always had a few yellow leaves that occasionally die off, but this is starting to worry me a little. Thoughts?

View attachment 829130 View attachment 829131
You’re good. 5 weeks in lowers only you’ll see the fade move upwards. Could be cal mag but I don’t think so. I think you’re right on that line you want to be on. If you think you got 5 weeks left you can throw a little cal mag on feeds. For a week or 2 but I think they look good. I like em on that line makes flushing easy.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Thank you to everyone who took the time to reply. So do you guys think I should stick with 3/4 strength tiger bloom?

Monster762

Monster762

Thank you to everyone who took the time to reply. So do you guys think I should stick with 3/4 strength tiger bloom?
I’m not seeing any burn so they like it. I’m not sure exact numbers on that one.

Monster762

Monster762

No I don't. Any you recommend in case I decide to pick some up?
Tiger bloom is fox farms right? They make a powder called beastie bloomz. 0-50-30. I’m sure there are better ones but I’ve used that one. If you do get any I only use 1/4 tsp per gallon. I do not use it once a week as directed. Only as a boost like 2 times in flower is how I use it. And that little jar of powder goes a long way. I’ve used in combo with advanced nutrients too no negatives. Im sure someone knows better than me though but it was what I settled on when researching boosters.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Tiger bloom is fox farms right? They make a powder called beastie bloomz. 0-50-30. I’m sure there are better ones but I’ve used that one. If you do get any I only use 1/4 tsp per gallon. I do not use it once a week as directed. Only as a boost like 2 times in flower is how I use it. And that little jar of powder goes a long way. I’ve used in combo with advanced nutrients too no negatives. Im sure someone knows better than me though but it was what I settled on when researching boosters.
Yea it's fox farm. I'll definitely look into it bro, thanks for the tip

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

Yo Your good , towards the endof flower shell feed!off her nitro , sugar and starch reserves to give her the extra boost she needs to finish flowering

So its completely normal

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

The Ol Reefers Are Just like humans
They also crave & thrive off Complex carbs , sugars , starches , electrolytes ,B vitamins & Amino's as well as their base nutrients

I'd Be Flushing her real good starting at week 6.5 & let her Go 9 minimum or until 70-100% of hairs have darkened and are no longer white & depending when you harvest her you'll get different highs and only you can decide what you Like but since she's yellowing , its meaning she's approaching Ripeness so take some lowers as you go and mark em and dry and cure em and try em out and you'll know exactly what you like and when your preferred harvest window will be for your next run of it

I let mine go no less than 80% orange and flush with molasses the first few days Then a Big dose of Clearex And H20 till she's done

Also put her in the dark for 48-96 hours before chopping her and also let her dry out & the Trichs come out more

I used to let my sour go 9-9.5 weeks fwiw

Cheerz mayne

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

The Ol Reefers Are Just like humans
They also crave & thrive off Complex carbs , sugars , starches , electrolytes ,B vitamins & Amino's as well as their base nutrients

I'd Be Flushing her real good starting at week 6.5 & let her Go 9 minimum or until 70-100% of hairs have darkened and are no longer white & depending when you harvest her you'll get different highs and only you can decide what you Like but since she's yellowing , its meaning she's approaching Ripeness so take some lowers as you go and mark em and dry and cure em and try em out and you'll know exactly what you like and when your preferred harvest window will be for your next run of it

I let mine go no less than 80% orange and flush with molasses the first few days Then a Big dose of Clearex And H20 till she's done

Also put her in the dark for 48-96 hours before chopping her and also let her dry out & the Trichs come out more

I used to let my sour go 9-9.5 weeks fwiw

Cheerz mayne
Thanks for the input bro. I got 3 plants going right now and this one seems way ahead of the other 2. It has orange hairs all over while the other ones are basically all white. They are all "sour diesel." Not the real deal SD but the breeder says 75-85 days flowering so I planned on them going a while. Although I read some reviews on it that said around 60 days or so it was ready. I guess I will just have to see how it progresses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom