Yellowing Veins and Failing Seedlings

• Thread starter Stugots
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

brazucagrower

this is very frustrating, there´s something obvious going on I can´t see.
It´s been 4 rounds with 3 FB seeds each. 100% germination rate all sprout very healthy.
Then a week later all came to the same thing. Some go past week 4 very small and suffering, others doesn´t.
Changed medium, methods, light height and dimm power, brands of nutrients, soiless as coco and promix, organic living soil just water, you name it.

Now after changing the curtains of the room to fabric and cutting the vinyl window off the grow tent trying to mitigate some sort of invisible enemy in the air (pvc chroline offgassing maybe) and added a CO2 bag, I just have to think whats next?!

Dude, very frustating...

B2ACG

B2ACG

Hey Farmers,

Why do I struggle so much with indoor growing? I just CAN’T get weed to grow with my indoor setup and pro-mix hp and an LED light. It very well could be the bag seed, but it worked just fine when I put them under the sun this year? I have a Mars Hydro 1000W (150W) and a 2nd 150W light, I get the same results with either. I got week 1 down nooooo problem. 100% germination rate basically, and it sprouts wherever I plant after ~2days, looks nice and green until the Day 6/7 mark, and then it goes straight to hell. It always looks like an N or Cal problem. The leaves will always yellow from the veins (which I find odd) and the new growth will be yellow. The plant gets stunted and I usually just toss em.

View attachment 1063464

Otherwise this monstrosity happens. A plant that’s been in veg for 3 months and is 2 inches tall.

View attachment 1063468

Of all my trials, a solo cup with only holes in the bottom worked best. The roots start getting close to the bottom around day 6... really starting to stretch out towards the sides of the cup.
I’ve tried different water techniques like bottom watering or watering in a ring. I’ve tried just spraying the outside of the jiffy net with water to promote stretching of the roots. Nothing ever looks like what it does online for me where the plant is trying to hulk out of the jiffy pod, or roots surrounding the edge of the cup are so abundant. I’ve tried different ratios of pro-mix/perlite/EWC with no luck. I’ve tried the same thing with liquid noots and different run-offs for each cup (200ppm/300ppm/400ppm etc), no luck. For the first 2-3 weeks I shouldn’t even need nutrients (could just be the case with quality seeds), so at least one of these trials should have worked. I’ve tried pre-watering/drying the medium for 2 weeks to activate to dolomitic lime. Fans, no fans, exhaust, no exhaust, humidifier, no humidifier, tap water aerated for 24 hours, distilled with a touch of cal-mag, 50/50 tap and distilled, lake water @ 300ppm... I can not get pro-mix HP to work with Indoors. I’m really losing momentum here and wanted to make use of this bale of HP.

I’ll admit that in the early trials, I lost some to damping off, but those seedlings were looking like they were headed in the same direction regardless. Now I seem to have the damping off under control by only giving ~75ml of water each time (while in the solo cups) and waiting till the medium is decently dry.

I finally gave in and started a seed in basic Miracle Grow potting mix (0.21/0.11/0.16) thinking my problem would finally go away. Saaaaame thing. Couldn’t believe it.

View attachment 1063469

4x4x7 tent. GH 3-part with Botanicare Cal-Mag, and Diamond Nectar.

Please help my non-green thumb havin’ ass. Thank you 👊🏼
I would recommend getting your seedlings under a humidity dome and a gentle light at first.. plants adapt slowly.. dont overwatering...

B

brazucagrower

Outdoors and sunlight the poor things reacted. Light? Offgassing?

S

Shneex0338

This may be an older thread, but: I'm glad I found my people after all those weeks of trying to find similar cases. All my seedlings die because of the same exact problems. Yellowing on new growth, losing color, then dying.

All substrates tested out, more or less perlite, different light settings, just everything. I already made a thread about this, but I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with exactly these problems every time. Some got less water, some got more water, yet they all died looking like this. I hope you guys found the fix! As recommended by some users in my post, I'll let it dry out almost fully this time, but problem is that I already did that once, and it still looked like this. But hey, it's worth a try again.

20230906 134815

Latest posts

Top Bottom