Yellowing Veins and Failing Seedlings

• Thread starter Stugots
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stugots

Stugots

Could you possibly help me with my problem as well lol mine is starting to make me panic. On one auto all the leaves turned yellow, buds arent big but hairs already turned orange and curled in, and like two feet tall, im probably gonna get an quarter off of it. Dont want to say too much because this thread isnt mine lol sorry stugots for asking on your forum
I’m probably not the person you want to help you lol. You need to upload some better quality photos without your blurple lighting on for the more experienced growers to help you. I’ve had crispy green leaves to the touch when I gave my re-veg plant too MUCH nutrients btw.
9BF4C317 1F18 4601 8E93 3CE0684F6368

Could be relevant, probably not though.

MegaStoner420

MegaStoner420

I’m probably not the person you want to help you lol. You need to upload some better quality photos without your blurple lighting on for the more experienced growers to help you. I’ve had crispy green leaves to the touch when I gave my re-veg plant too MUCH nutrients btw. View attachment 1063536
Could be relevant, probably not though.
Your right ive probably been giving it too much molasses

Stugots

Stugots

Your right ive probably been giving it too much molasses
If you haven’t been watering till run-off, chances are you couuuld have some nutrient/sugar build up in the soil if you’ve been going ham on the Molasses. Like I said in my earlier post, I don’t remember it changing the ph at all, but it added some decent ppm to my water, I was surprised.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

How I would mix my noots for veg:

Potassium Silicate first, wait 1 hour(acts like a ph up)

Cal. Mag 2nd, wait 15 minutes (also a ph up? Can’t remember atm)

Micro (5-10 minutes is fine)(GH is set for 5.8 so it starts bringing ph down)

Gro+ Bloom (I would put a little less Bloom when adding Molasses)

Nectar

Molasses (don’t remember this touching ph but it for sure upped the ppm)

THEN, I would ph to 5.8-6.2 because pro-mix hp is “semi-soiless”

I maintained 500ppm max on my run-off @ 6.2-6.4 ph and they looked nice and green. If I had up-potted them sooner or stuck them in the ground they would have grown much bigger.
Too low, use 6.2- 6.4 in promix

beluga

beluga

legit you can just use water
👆

You're overcomplicating and overfeeding it.
Bagged soils/soilless mixes come out the with adequate nutrients for weeks of growth.

I would at least use just water for a while if not flush it to rid some of that excessive nutrient content. Definitely pH adjusted.

Molasses needs to have beneficial microbes added to it to be assuredly useful. In your situation, it's not going to help anything right now.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Stugots

Stugots

👆

You're overcomplicating and overfeeding it.
Bagged soils/soilless mixes come out the with adequate nutrients for weeks of growth.

I would at least use just water for a while if not flush it to rid some of that excessive nutrient content. Definitely pH adjusted.

Molasses needs to have beneficial microbes added to it to be assuredly useful. In your situation, it's not going to help anything right now.

Oh shit, you’re saying you think the pro-mix HP out of the bag is possibly too hot? Thaaaats something I never really thought of what’s in the ingredients.

This was the grow before the MG cup. I had 2 cups of just pro-mix hp out of the bag, 3rd cup with top pro-mix/bottom perlite, 4th cup out of frame is the monster.

You said I’m over complicating things but this is a basic setup that failed as well. This is day 4 after sprout... you can already see the veins starting to change colour slightly.

07535F5C 3FF2 4A62 AB23 81BC79A8670C
CACF76CA 05BB 4703 80EF EFA75C5E0695
E8353AFD C7A6 4DD8 90FA B2C08576D602
1B886F05 54A4 458A 9916 C29D1AFCB6A0

Stugots

Stugots

D66CB455 FE62 4CBE A646 D9492365F386

Pro-Mix HP is pretty basic. I never thought it would be too hot.

beluga

beluga

Not necessarily too hot, just not in need of anything additional for the first couple weeks of growth.

If you're not adding anything extra, then you have another vector that's likely your water.

I also don't see the need for that much perlite... although I can't really say why that would be a potential issue other than in some way effecting nutrient uptake.

Stugots

Stugots

Not necessarily too hot, just not in need of anything additional for the first couple weeks of growth.

If you're not adding anything extra, then you have another vector that's likely your water.

I also don't see the need for that much perlite... although I can't really say why that would be a potential issue other than in some way effecting nutrient uptake.
Hmmm I’ve given it distilled. Tap water (8.1 ph’d to 6<lots of variations>), natural spring water @280ppm. Half spring/half distilled. Think of a combo between 0-300ppm water and chances are I’ve tried it is what I’m trying to say here.

You talking about the Perlite on the bottom cup? yea don’t mind that little guy, I was just dicking around lol. I should have drilled a hole in the side of the cup so I can keep misting the perlite only every day. I’ve seen someone do a pure perlite grow somewhere and I thought it would be a good time to try something different.

Stugots

Stugots

Update: Slurry Test complete. I sacrificed the monster. RIP tightly node spaced, yellow veined 3 month old seedling.

Prior to testing, I recalibrated my Apera SX-610 with the provided 7.0 one-point calibration solution.

I was curious to see if there was a ph difference between the jiffy pod peat or the pro-mix under/around it so I split that in to 2 separate samples. Jiffy pod broken up in one cup, pro-mix in the other.

Result:

Jiffy pod: 6.3ph
Pro-mix: 6.4ph

I’m stumped. I tried the LUX app for iPhone and I got 1400 LUX at the height of the seedlings @28” (150w)

Last edited:
linde

linde

I've used promix bx for years without problems ever. not sure what the difference is with hp? pretty sure bx comes ph balanced.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Promix is phed 5.5 from the factory. Slurry tests are ~1/2ph high.

You probably have gas problems. Plastics acting as hormones, etc. Ethylene will fuck up a grow majorly. Chinese shower curtain, mdf base board, Americans don't even need embalmed after the decades offgassing

B

brazucagrower

Bump. I´m having this very similar issue. 12 FB seeds trashed already. Anyone got an update on this?

I do have a PVC curtain on the grow room, but my wife thinks I´m getting obssessed or crazy when I talk about it.

I too am really frustrated I can´t get past week 1 without yellowing, drying and stunting.

Bought all kinds of stuff, reliable ph meter, lux meter ppm meter, air conditioner, dehumidifier, umidifier, oil heater, fans, exausts, co2 bags, NOTHING WORKS! tried 5000-7000 lux from sprout, tried 100% power 40" from sprout, same thing everytime. Using 240w lm301h meanwell led board.

B

brazucagrower

Removed a PVC Curtain I had in the grow door that was venting intake.
Added CO2 bag in the tent. AC is kept on ventilating 24/7. Let´s see. 12 seeds already with no luck.

I do have a viewing window on the tent, that I´m considering cutting off the plastic thinking could be offgassing as well.

Please comment.

IMG 20221018 133006142
IMG 20221018 133130128
IMG 20221018 133142334
Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Removed a PVC Curtain I had in the grow door that was venting intake.
Added CO2 bag in the tent. AC is kept on ventilating 24/7. Let´s see. 12 seeds already with no luck.

I do have a viewing window on the tent, that I´m considering cutting off the plastic thinking could be offgassing as well.

Please comment.
Next time maybe start in a smaller container then transplant, look like they need a feeding to me unless the soil is drenched.

B

brazucagrower

Next time maybe start in a smaller container then transplant, look like they need a feeding to me unless the soil is drenched.
This round I´v gone living soil water only.

Previous 9 seeds were tried with promix or coco, nutes were advanced nutes or green house feeding power.
All had the same issues, yellowing, whitening, lower leaves drying.
So this time I wanted to get the ph/ppm variable out of the equation.

Previous round:
img_20220924_100147104_hdr-jpg.1517907
img_20220924_100153422-jpg.1517908
img_20220924_100210042_hdr-jpg.1517909

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

This round I´v gone living soil water only.

Previous 9 seeds were tried with promix or coco, nutes were advanced nutes or green house feeding power.
All had the same issues, yellowing, whitening, lower leaves drying.
So this time I wanted to get the ph/ppm variable out of the equation.

Previous round:
img_20220924_100147104_hdr-jpg.1517907
img_20220924_100153422-jpg.1517908
img_20220924_100210042_hdr-jpg.1517909
They're not taking up nutrients is your problem,whether thats from over or under watering I don't know but I would say it's one of the two if you have a balanced diet. I haven't done a coco grow yet so I don't know shit about it's needs ,but have been using promix for 25 years plus and I use gh 3part and it gives nice lush growth every time so I have had no reason to switch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom