Yield issues for many rounds now (mainly Gelato): any suggestions welcomed

• Thread starter JahSun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JahSun

JahSun

I've been doing indoor for 4 years, just now branching off into other strains (previous was PK only); under the dictation of partners with a lot more experience, we use PGRs like phos and now BushMstr. Without getting into ALL the protocol details right now, suffice it say that this is the basic protocol for bloom. Using flora flex feed b1 and b2, i do 3 ml/gal of pro silica then pH to 6.2, then add 6ml/gal of calmag, then I run the suggested chart with FFlex, but lately was told by other more experienced gardners that adding 20% to B2 can boost yield after the PGR flush. PGR last couple round has been Bushmaster at day 12 typically, but I go by height as I had HPS bulbs and they would burn (I'm now on all LED). Bushmstr I do 80 ml/100 gal, for two watering cycles, then flush for two days, then back to full nute schedule; weird thing is, up until I started going with the purple strains, the cakes, punch strains, and now we've gone back to all Gelato, it seems tough to get past 1.3 to 1.6 lbs/per light (using the 1000w hortilux bulbs before switching to LED). I ran them at 750w until I did the PGR flush and then went up to 1000, then super lumens a day later.

So I used to get between 1.7 and 2.1 / per light regularly (2.25 was the biggest) with the exact same environment protocal (temp changes and humidity), so I'm not sure If it's just the new strains I'm not experienced with like Gelato which is all we're doing from now on, or to be honest, i just don't F**cking know, but it's been frustrating. The other things I do is use trellis netting, I trim up to the lower net, so a bit of lolli trimming on the bottoms by the end of the first week in bloom, then at day 21-24 depending on my other job demands, I pull all the main fan leaves and yo yo or green wire everything left up to the light, and I end up wth pretty decent bud growth all the way down. I def do not get the big coagulated tops I used to get, they're a bit smaller now with these new punch and cake strains, but if there's a pro gelato grower out there that can offer any sage advice on kicking up my yields that would be awesome. We never go past 8 to 8.5 weeks, whenever they look to all be finishing, last run I went to 9.5 weeks and the quality was better than previous, but weight wasn't awesome. Again, any help based on the limited info I've provided would be great.

Also, how does that compare on average to what others are dong per 1kw light? curious. Thanks fellow farmers!

Plantdaddy

Plantdaddy

I'm running gelato for the second time now and ive come to the conclusion it's a poor yielding strain. Top shelf herb so I decided to give it a second go and and same result.

MI420Farmer

MI420Farmer

I'm running gelato for the second time now and ive come to the conclusion it's a poor yielding strain. Top shelf herb so I decided to give it a second go and and same result.
Have to agree with you on the Gelato. I'm running a Why U Gelly (Gelato x Don Mega) and the buds just don't get big which is okay. Each bud on the vine is rock hard and oozing with resin. It does give you a double take and see a bush of small buds everywhere. Gelato just seems to stay small and compact. Excellent quality regardless!!

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

Have to agree with you on the Gelato. I'm running a Why U Gelly (Gelato x Don Mega) and the buds just don't get big which is okay. Each bud on the vine is rock hard and oozing with resin. It does give you a double take and see a bush of small buds everywhere. Gelato just seems to stay small and compact. Excellent quality regardless!!
It can be strain or this strain likes different ph feed or tipped to close to turn plus if summer or winter crop as one minute over over and next time your just under it takes a little while to work out the formula and their cycle 👻🚂😜

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

I've been doing indoor for 4 years, just now branching off into other strains (previous was PK only); under the dictation of partners with a lot more experience, we use PGRs like phos and now BushMstr. Without getting into ALL the protocol details right now, suffice it say that this is the basic protocol for bloom. Using flora flex feed b1 and b2, i do 3 ml/gal of pro silica then pH to 6.2, then add 6ml/gal of calmag, then I run the suggested chart with FFlex, but lately was told by other more experienced gardners that adding 20% to B2 can boost yield after the PGR flush. PGR last couple round has been Bushmaster at day 12 typically, but I go by height as I had HPS bulbs and they would burn (I'm now on all LED). Bushmstr I do 80 ml/100 gal, for two watering cycles, then flush for two days, then back to full nute schedule; weird thing is, up until I started going with the purple strains, the cakes, punch strains, and now we've gone back to all Gelato, it seems tough to get past 1.3 to 1.6 lbs/per light (using the 1000w hortilux bulbs before switching to LED). I ran them at 750w until I did the PGR flush and then went up to 1000, then super lumens a day later.

So I used to get between 1.7 and 2.1 / per light regularly (2.25 was the biggest) with the exact same environment protocal (temp changes and humidity), so I'm not sure If it's just the new strains I'm not experienced with like Gelato which is all we're doing from now on, or to be honest, i just don't F**cking know, but it's been frustrating. The other things I do is use trellis netting, I trim up to the lower net, so a bit of lolli trimming on the bottoms by the end of the first week in bloom, then at day 21-24 depending on my other job demands, I pull all the main fan leaves and yo yo or green wire everything left up to the light, and I end up wth pretty decent bud growth all the way down. I def do not get the big coagulated tops I used to get, they're a bit smaller now with these new punch and cake strains, but if there's a pro gelato grower out there that can offer any sage advice on kicking up my yields that would be awesome. We never go past 8 to 8.5 weeks, whenever they look to all be finishing, last run I went to 9.5 weeks and the quality was better than previous, but weight wasn't awesome. Again, any help based on the limited info I've provided would be great.

Also, how does that compare on average to what others are dong per 1kw light? curious. Thanks fellow farmers!
So 2 pound a plant or off your whole grow

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

From every 600watt HPS light u should get 1 pound they say how many weeks grow u do

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

What stages u setting your ph at 6.2 and to much silica can block up the flow and brown centre of stem u don't see it til u take out stump I see silica gel squares in centre stem so it's stopping food supply to bloom to which will have yield lost do u use a resin booster near end as well to make them swell and droop 👻🚂

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Man i agree with others that the "Gelato"s whatever sort of cut you have, has never been a heavy yielder......Never grown personally but all the ones ive seen aside from beeing dank as hell, they were pretty small, medium size buds....

Latest posts

Top Bottom