Yikes! I've Lost My Power And It's Still Out! What To Do?

• Thread starter Planter01
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Planter01

Planter01

Powers out!! Week six of flower halfway thru their 12 hours daytime cycle. IDK for sure but I hear they may be out until AM. I would value some guidance on how best NOT to derail this train bound for glory. Would it help to roll back to a 13 hours on 11 hours off cycle. Considering this is New England I've had a great almost 12 weeks of no outages. It's gonna get cold downstairs tonight. I'm going to try and encourage my wife and dogs to sleep in my grow room. It could use the warmth and co2. I am hoping that this far along that everybody will be alright. Let us pray.

guymandude

guymandude

are you in hydro? If you are, change your rez/buckets for fresh when the power comes back on.

as long as temps in the grow don't hit freezing, you should be ok

Planter01

Planter01

I really do feel much more at ease. Thanks for that. The temp got down to 50 last night but I've had outdoor plants survive lite frost and lots of nights in the 40s. I like to expose plants that are. late in flower to Temps in the low forties if I can. At the same time i water with water from the outdoor Koi pond thats colder than a womans heart I think it triggers an extra flush of development because they know the season is coming to an end. Some folks say it also makes for purple plants but I'm not really looking to change its appearance just for appearance sake. I'm heading to Cuba in a few days which is the bomb. I'll be gone 2 weeks but I have a house sitter who will water the girls per my instructions and he will take care of the dogs. Cuba will be the first country out of the dozens I've been to that I will not be taking any weed. I do have some really potent caramels I going to take but I don't think that is as much of a risk as a bag of buddage.
Again thanks for the imput. Oh yes, I would love a Honda generator but the $2000.00 is tiny. To be able to backfeed the furnace and run the lights and such we want to run i would need about a 5kw Honda generator that's about 6 grand. We're discussing it but everyone I know who gets one doesn't ever lose power again.

hermit186

hermit186

Been there with you if your black out were to last over night do change your solution.
I lost the lights for 3 days and move the clock to restart after they came back on
I was sure hermies would come. I am not sure they noticed. I believe it push the finish date a week
or I was just being sure. I harvest by the Tricombs not time. Would be interested to here any effect you have or didn't have Good luck.

Top Bottom