Yikes - wtf is this?

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

One of my White Gums has got this weird browning on all the leaves, all the way up. It's next to another cut of the same White Gum, both have been on same nutes, and is fine and healthy.

I'm thinking it's something fungal, maybe LSF, although my ventilation in there is superb.

Any ideas what it is? I don't think it's a deficiency just because the other one is fine. And what to do - cull the plant?

Cheers

FF

Yikes   wtf is this
Yikes   wtf is this 2
Yikes   wtf is this 3
Yikes   wtf is this 4
T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
I almost want to say a P issue. Not too sure. The leaf alone does look fungal or indeed viral, but from the plant shots I would say a nute issue.

D

dkmonk

micro nutes in check? cal/mag
only other thing is ph after that, my leaves did something like that, and i fixed it by switching to spring water from my tap water and giving a good dose of micro nutes along w/ epsom salt

F

FastForward

Hmmm...cheers chaps....that's so weird. Why this one and not the other? Will try flushing it and see if that clears it up....otherwise it's an early death.....got an SSSDH I'm clucking to get in flower ;)

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
An idea as to why it's affecting one plant and not the other....different geno/phenotypical expressions of the same strain are likely to have different requirements with regards to fertilizers and susceptibility to disease or pests. Just an idea.
No idea what is is tho....sorry. Hope she gets better.

S

shdowlkr

She looks hungry for everything but N, lol... curling serrations = - Mg, speckling comes from -Ca and -P. Leaf stems showing purple is also a sign of -P. Although this can also be phenotype expression. You'll have to see where it starts, top or bottom... If top I'd suggest its pheno, but if at bottom first its -P. BTW, P being off can affect the uptake of Ca which will inturn affect Mg.

agree with highroller too... 20 plants from the same group of seeds will each have their own basic needs for the environment. While some may be similar and not show issues one way or the other, the difference is still there.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Hey FF- I had similar issue last go and i am pretty sure it was cal issue. Make sure ph is in good range for optimal cal/mag uptake and try little cal/mag or some AN revive and see if that helps. If not then maybe fungal. Just my 2cents, of course, i could be wrong :)

Jaybee

D

drsnizz

i had this on my second grow and switching from tap water to spring cleared it right up

Top Bottom