Yo is it possible i didnt think it was.

• Thread starter Tylerm1712
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tylerm1712

Tylerm1712

So I had a couple plants that started flowering then they got pretty stressed out from some cold temps well I just gave up on them but kept watering then with my ro waste water these are auto and seems they have gone back into veg there like 140days in and not flowering anymore just rapid growth. Is that possible?

GODNYC

GODNYC

So I had a couple plants that started flowering then they got pretty stressed out from some cold temps well I just gave up on them but kept watering then with my ro waste water these are auto and seems they have gone back into veg there like 140days in and not flowering anymore just rapid growth. Is that possible?
Yes it is possible, this is why Cannabis plants will unexpectedly revert back to vegetative growth if there is a disturbance in their photoperiod schedule—for example, if they receive 12 hours of light a day for a while, and then start to get more than that.

here is the link to the actual article:

Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
I've never seen anything about cold temps causing re-veg. I don't know much and it sounds possible for what it's worth. Cold temps at the end of outdoor flower don't do that in my limited experience. That article doesn't say anything about temp stress though. Leafly is what it is. For growing info though... They're owned by Privateer who owns Tilray. They're not interested in teaching you how to grow beyond providing basic information that can be found in better forms in numerous other places.

Tylerm1712

Tylerm1712

I will take some pics tomorrow and I should of specified when I said cold temps I ment like below freezing for the low for 4days straight. I just thought autos did what they did and there was no way to manipulate there cycle.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

If its true auto Ruderalis genetics Im pretty sure this is impossible. Its certainly a possibility that your seeds were mislabeled and you have regular seeds it happens all the time. I have grown lots of auto strains and they always finish on their own regardless of the light cycle.

Tylerm1712

Tylerm1712

If its true auto Ruderalis genetics Im pretty sure this is impossible. Its certainly a possibility that your seeds were mislabeled and you have regular seeds it happens all the time. I have grown lots of auto strains and they always finish on their own regardless of the light cycle.
Well then is it possible for photos to start flowering under 18-6 light cause I never changed it. But I'm like 99% sure they are autos cause I had others of same genetic that got planted 20days earlier and they finished off like normal.

growsince79

growsince79

Well then is it possible for photos to start flowering under 18-6 light cause I never changed it. But I'm like 99% sure they are autos cause I had others of same genetic that got planted 20days earlier and they finished off like normal.
Weird shit happens all the time. I had a 100% pure Colombian that I cloned in mid flower under 12-12; as soon as it got roots it started revegging under 12-12 right beside the mother clone that was still flowering. Proof is documented with pics in my Colombian thread.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Auto's are crosses with Ruderalis genes to promote faster harvests among other traits but both sets of genetics are still part of the plant. Is it possible that a stronger element of the regular cannabis genes showed up after the stress and took over the grow cycle? I just smoked one and had that thought...lol

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I would say you've proven it's possible.

Bullmark69

Bullmark69

I am just finishing my first indoor grow with 3 autos. I grew them for about 12 weeks at 19/5. They weren’t close to finished, so at week 13 I decided to dial back the hours of light in an effort to manipulate them to finish.
Well I screwed up and added hours of light instead of reducing.….my timer is confusing to a simple guy like me.
During this time I was just finding out and learning about VPD. So my temps and rh were moving around a lot and I was trying to dial in.
I was always told that autos didn’t follow the normal cues and weren’t susceptible to darkness interruption problems. So it wouldn’t be uncommon for me to open my grow closet door several times during the dark phase to check my VPD. I thought nothing of it.
Weeks passed and the plants weren’t finishing and I began to spot a few very small new oval leaves with smooth edges. It looked like textbook re-vegging to me.
I’ve since corrected my light schedule and reduced to 11/13. They don’t appear to be growing any new oval leaves and are finally finishing up…..but it took 18 weeks to get here and will be another week or so before all 3 are hanging…..oh and they started flowering week 4 and had little round heads by week 5.5. So it’s been a long flowering run.
I’m still told by some that autos don’t re-veg…….I think they do.

Top Bottom