You Can Only Have 4 Plants...

• Thread starter Pacnw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pacnw

Pacnw

Hey everybody!

Brand new here and I wanted to reach out and ask the following question to anyone willing to help:

What kind of setup would you do if you could only have 4 plants total? That includes seedlings to veg plants to flowering. Space is not an issue but I would be limited to 4 plants total. I would be attempting to have a perpetual harvest of sorts. As I'm harvesting 1 plant I'm starting another kind of thing.

A few options I thought of were getting clones but if I can't do that I'd get feminized seeds and if not that grow 4 seeds out and just pick females as they appear. I could also work on having a mother and then just doing 3 plants on a rotating basis. I'm not sure.

Any thoughts??

As far as growing I'm thinking of a type of grow box with a CMH light setup and organic medium with added nutrients. I just want it to be simple and stack the deck in my favor for a good end result.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Pop 4, keep the most vigorous 2. Veg for 2 months get them huge under 750w of led. Do crazy lst, topping and supercropping or individual scrog frames of 4x4 for each. Fill it. Boom. Switch to 12/12 under 1500w. Really stick it to those a-holes for limiting you with 4 plants. Pull kilos of weed from only two :)

Kidding tho. I’m only growing for myself and love mini grows. Using my tent as an indoor garden, not only for cannabis i mean.

If you know what strain you want to grow, keeping a mother would be good. If you don’t know or don’t have a good cut, you got to pop seeds. And please quarantine whatever you bring from another grower or dispensary. Check it with a loupe and clean it as best as you can. I don’t get cuts both because i don’t prefer it but also because they’re not available to me. But i do get some other plants from different sources, when i cant get the seeds of the said plant.

What i do when i get outside plants is, i shake all the soil if they’re planted in soil, wash them really well under running water. Roots and all. Without actually touching the roots tho. Washing off all the soil. Other parts i give a little rub as the water runs. Prepare a neemazal solution, dunk it in with the open roots and all and leave it for couple of minutes. Take it out, plant in a fresh soil. Then i cover every part with DE. Well anyway, check your clones :D

I would just get 4 seeds and flower them all at once and hope for a keeper. You can always reveg if you’re not allowed to take clones. Then when you find 1 keeper. Next run 2 new seeds and one clone of the said keeper and mother makes 4. Till you find the second keeper. So 2 moms and 2 clones. One day time, one good night. Anyway, this is what i would do. Welcome.

Last edited:
madgrower

madgrower

Pop 4, keep the most vigorous 2. Veg for 2 months get them huge under 750w of led. Do crazy lst, topping and supercropping or individual scrog frames of 4x4 for each. Fill it. Boom. Switch to 12/12 under 1500w. Really stick it to those a-holes for limiting you with 4 plants. Pull kilos of weed from only two :)

Kidding tho. I’m only growing for myself and love mini grows. Using my tent as an indoor garden, not only for cannabis i mean.

If you know what strain you want to grow, keeping a mother would be good. If you don’t know or don’t have a good cut, you got to pop seeds. And please quarantine whatever you bring from another grower or dispansery. Check it with a loupe and clean it as best as you can. I don’t get cuts both because i don’t prefer it but also because they’re not available to me. But i do get some other plants from different sources, when i cant get the seeds of the said plant.

What i do when i get outside plants is, i shake all the soil if they’re planted in soil, wash them really well under running water. Roots and all. Without actually touching the roots tho. Washing off all the soil. Other parts i give a little rub as the water runs. Prepare a neemazal solution, dunk it in with the open roots and all and leave it for couple of minutes. Take it out, plant in a fresh soil. Then i cover every part with DE. Well anyway, check your clones :D

I would just get 4 seeds and flower them all at once and hope for a keeper. You can always reveg if you’re not allowed to take clones. Then when you find 1 keeper. Next run 2 new seeds and one clone of the said keeper and mother makes 4. Till you find the second keeper. So 2 moms and 2 clones. One day time, one good night. Anyway, this is what i would do. Welcome.
You were waiting for someone to ask this wernt you

B

Burned Haze

Just get the plants tested for what sex it is, if male. Regerminate more for whatever is male

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Just get the plants tested for what sex it is, if male. Regerminate more for whatever is male

If you’re gonna go through the hassle you might as well get clones.

Imo I’d do clones. Seeds would take more time and in the end you might not even end up with what you want. With clones you can veg them out and flower fairly quickly. If you could grow more plants then seeds would be a more viable option.

New school

New school

I'm running 2 steel cabinets 2'×4'×6.5' pop some seeds pick 2. Veg for a month and a half take clones plus a few extra flip. Then pick the best 2 to veg. Repeat. Perpetual..

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Some 27 gal RDWC buckets per plant and vert lighting. 4-5k for 4 plants. Limit me on plants to the moon I shall go. This is a serious answer. It's all about what your expectation or need is. I mean something like that can pull 8 plus lbs with a little practice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom