You Into Fogponics?

• Thread starter mjg132
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mjg132

Anyone here into fogponics?...i'm getting equipment that is based around this medium,wondering if you'd like to add or tell of your experiences,it'll still be a while b4 i get things together as im back at my old ladys...and she'll have the pigs round in no time if i stick anything in the attic.:(
Fogponics.Opinions please. :)

C

CaliTruf

If i'm undertstanding you have the intention to put the ultrasonic fog producer in your reservoir to nebulize the solution to the root to improve humidity and oxygenation...IMHO fogponics it's the most difficult way of growing almost in theory; the piezoelectric plate that makes fog will brake in a few days as soon as you raise the E.C.

I've never tried fogponics so i dont like to discourage you but there is so many way to grow soilless, coco coir mixed with some stones, that fogponics is too sophisticate for my taste. Anyway please share your results cause i'm too curious in the new techniques

G

G.F. Greens

i built a cloner not that long ago, it was kind of hard to keep the temp at the correct level but i did a side by side with my fogger and my areo the ones that i got to root in the fogger were nice and healthy and rooted a few days faster than the aero. if you can dial it in its definitely the way to go.

W

westhumboldt`

yeah i agree clones not fogponics.

Yeah. Man the dank organic!!!

E

easypleasie

I'm interested in this method of growing, but only for the fun of experimenting. I wouldn't rely on it to be a solid consistent producer. The hype on it is all hype till more people jump on the bandwagon to give it an honest go. Kinda like those LEDs... We could really use some more information and some complete grow journals.

I experimented with my aero cloner using an ultrasonic fogger. It got low on water and shut off the fogger. This happened overnight and I thought all my clones were dead the next morning. I turned the misters back on and they came back except for a few. There's no room for error to say the least. There's a floating thing you can get for the fogging unit that will help prevent this from happening. I'll get back to a fogger setup one day to experiment.

The Nutrimist foggers seem like they could do the job. I'd love to see someone start a thread with one of those. mjg, what kind of setup are you getting? I hope you end up starting a journal on it!

T

TheFlorist

Yeah, i was with GF Greens when we tried it, and its very delicate to stay the least. In the way of cloning that is. The floaters are kinda a must to have. The main problem was temps. 2 of them ran to hot, even just 1 running was above wanted temps in our home made cloners.

To combat that, i was thinking of having the rez with the foggers in 1 tube, and use tubes/pipes to have the fog roll into the tote with the clones. That way it keeps the temps down on the clone chamber.

I have seen a few designs in a few magazines about a group of guys putting together units to sell that can be used from Prop till flower. Im waiting to read more before i move that far with it. If you can master it on the cloning front, you'll be pulling clones faster than ever.

E

easypleasie

Have you guys seen the Atomix setup? They have some serious hardware with their setup. Way pricey but looks really solid. They use air compressors to make the fog instead of the ultrasonic discs. Seems pretty interesting. I'd love to see a journal with one of these in use.

B

Budhog

I havent tried this method. But as an avid DIYer, I am visualizing a Wagner Power Painter and a really big tub....

S

SCC

Premium Member
Supporter
I have read a little bit on fogponics but only for cloning, but from what i read the cloning machines are supposed to be amazing, i would love to here more on this too!

M

mjg132

Tell us more about your idea Budhog :)

What about a hairspray can atomizer? or 4?

K

kindindy123

fog -aponic

I to bought 6 tranducers,its complicated,because water level needs to be a certain level,and stay at that level,& it heats the water pretty good,witch is bad,usaly the way to try to do it,put foggers in shallow cont,w/lid,run transducers,&run airpump into shallow cont w/ lid on,run tube from lid ,fog will be forced through tube,witch would be entering root chamber,now you need a seperate res to refill fog pan,float level type,its alot of bullshit,reg hydro,is more than enough MJ roots,and as the other gent said you will be changing transducers. if you have your heart set on fog-o ponic,need to spend alot of cash,that you could put to better use good luck kindindy

G

GroHi

GL w this technology. It's very problematic... tried several experiments over the coarse of a year... several ago though.

Here's the skinny:
- it can't support plants into veg let alone through flower... they need far more water than the foggers can supply unless you start using an incredible number of transducers
- they become very, very hot (especially w continuously on) and raise the solution temp proportionally... if you have multiples in a closed rez, a chiller becomes necessary & you still get a lot of bacterial growth
- the above heat issue makes the cloners problematic for pathogen growth... h2o2 burns off so fast that it doesn't keep things at bay

More lessons gained, but the short of it is that it cannot support the growth.

The Atomix uses a high pressure pump to "atomize" the solution vs ultrasonic nebulizers which is what I tried. The Nutramist (& guy who markets it- keith roberto) is a total sham. Pretty sure they just don't bother anymore because it is total bunk.

Regarding the Atomix, you are essentially running a very high powered/high tech aero system with super strong pumps & matching high pressure nozzles. Talk about complicated.

All things said & done, went full circle back to KISS... this is after years of tinkering with such BS as the foggers, and others. Got some unused Nutramist I can sell you for cheap if still determined to try! :-)) Peace.

M

mMmTHC

Im in the process of building a aereoponics/fogger...

Reason im doing both is like you guys are saying... Cant trust the fogger. Temps will be the same that is getting pumped from my 20 gallon tub right into the fogger meaning I will have unlimited supply with water going into the fogger system never getting empty and the waste that will go into my piping back into the rezzzziii

With these 2 systems I should be good...I will have best of both worlds...
I'll be running both systems for 2 mins..6 mins off... Now i was going to do 1 min on 5 mins off.. I want the fogger to run longer then the 1 min to make sure the fogger gets down to both my tubes... I will also be running C02 in my room... I might have this on a diff timer.. I will be running my tubes thru the either 4 or 5" pipe what ever I can find.. Meaning more C02 for my root system then I will have another C02 for my room keeping it higher in C02...

I will start a journal on my new grow room.. As im building the stuff I will post it...
My room will have all LED lighting except the clone area witch is in my cabinet thats in my grow room...

Buidling the mother room this week...
Wish me luck..

-MmMTHC

K

kellison

Mmmthc ???

How is you fogponic setup working. I just built one that uses fog and aero sprayers. My room is not heated, so I might be ok
thanks

S

snkrhd23

fogponics does work just hard to dial in alone, works better if u have more than one way of feeding ie. dwc or aero sprayers..

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

I personally own the nutramis from furtruergarden. Made from china and not reliable. went threw 3 head so far. They suck to much power witch is alot of heat. The unit is better for RH%, pest and foliar feeding other wise NO. Its not piratical to use due to you have to clean the head ever day if your useing cims and all soft of problem can happen. I rather go NFT.

S

snkrhd23

like i said i have experimented with fogponics and found it is very hard to run jus a fogger/fog. i have found it can be very beneficial if added to an already working system like an aero flo. i have built system similar to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvqlj62OolE&feature=fvwk

and i have to say it does works pretty hassle free and efficient if you keep it well maintained

Headfogger84

Headfogger84

New here and figured i would like to add some info. Im currently running a fogponic setup with 2 plants. Switched from DWC due to temp issues in the res. Which almost killed my girls. Did some research and made a custom delivery system which contains fog within 2 floating 5 gal buckets. So far the plants look beautiful in there last 6 weeks of flower and starting to show signs of some pigments.of purple and pinks. Took a while to get them to come back from certain death but man did they take off. I now have bright white, long lush roots. Just wish they didt get hit so hard but the 2nd round i will have a better idea of how its going to produce. So far seems switching to led did make my groth smaller but gained some quality in other aspects. Might be switching back to hps if it seems im not getting enough light. Will post pics of my custom fog delivery and a simple mechanics since im cleaning the res today

Top Bottom